• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Alexander Hammerstone requests MLW release: MLW does not intend to grant it

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
It’s a tale as old as time. WWE will literally every generation create their brand by stealing people from their competitors, but they never get criticized for it. I mean that’s how they went national in the first place by raiding every territory they could touch.

And then when WCW came around were all of their top stars? Former WCW guys. Whether you’re talking about Stone Cold Steve Austin, the undertaker or Triple H. Granted yes in this particular case WWE took mid card guys and then elevated them. Fairplay. But they do it continuously. Once TNA and Ring of Honor got big enough they started to steal their stars too.

They never get called out for it. But literally you can go back and look at the dialogue for each and every single competitor to Vince McMahon. They all get lambasted with the same all ex WWE guy nonsense. Every single one. Whether you are talking about Jim Crockett promotions or you are talking about WCW. TNA. And now AEW.

And don’t get me wrong I don’t think WWE should be lambasting. I think this is how it should be. I think each company should build its own stars AND look to elevate itself by luring away stars built elsewhere. No one company can build everyone. Sometimes they have a better place to build and then a better place to leave once they’re established and that’s ok. As long as it’s beneficial to everyone. If it’s only one sided raids it can be demotivating, but both WWE and AEW are doing it and TNA used to. Hopefully they’ll have the money to play the game again soon.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
wwe got to be the writers of history since they won the Monday night wars and have gotten to dictate the narrative to like 2 generations of fan so it's not surprising ppl are like this ig

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I mean Hunter got criticized. I myself have criticized because during the Black and Gold era of NXT, he didn’t develop any male stars. He did a hell of making the 4 Horsewomen, Baszler, Rhea and Asuka look great.

But with the men, he wasn’t as successful. He pretty much took the top guys from everywhere else and I would call him out for it. The only homegrown talent he ever tried to develop was Velveteen Dream.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I don’t think Gargano and Chiamp were top guys before NXT at all. Revival & American Alpha & Enzo & Cass all Hunter creations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I mean Hunter got criticized. I myself have criticized because during the Black and Gold era of NXT, he didn’t develop any male stars. He did a hell of making the 4 Horsewomen, Baszler, Rhea and Asuka look great.

But with the men, he wasn’t as successful. He pretty much took the top guys from everywhere else and I would call him out for it. The only homegrown talent he ever tried to develop was Velveteen Dream.
I agree NXT got criticism, but more so for not being a proper developmental. Like you said not making stars. WWE itself has never been called All Ex TNA/AEW Wrestling or anything like that.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I don’t think Gargano and Chiamp were top guys before NXT at all. Revival & American Alpha & Enzo & Cass all Hunter creations

Revival was pretty much NXTs Acclaimed in a way, neither guys were tag guys before the pairing iirc

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

yeah I think gargano and ciampa were low or mid card guys in PWG afaik? Cole was def a star as he was champ in multiple promotions including ROH. def all the ppl u namedwe NXT made peeps. Alexa too

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I wouldn’t even classify Enzo and Cass as “stars”

Yeah they had a good 8-10 month run where they were hot but it never turned into anything.

And that’s partially on WWE and partially on both Enzo and Cass

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I agree NXT got criticism, but more so for not being a proper developmental. Like you said not making stars. WWE itself has never been called All Ex TNA/AEW Wrestling or anything like that.
They wont be called that because they are the biggest company and considered the cream of the crop and the destination to end up at some point

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
They wont be called that because they are the biggest company and considered the cream of the crop and the destination to end up at some point
Yeah, that’s what I’m saying. It’s a one-sided opinion.

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
I dont see how he looks bad at all in this tbh, people are allowed to ask for their release and companies are within their rights to say no.

If everyone followed that mindset, nobody would get mad at WWE for not letting people out after they asked for their release.