Alberto del Rio Released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
What's wrong with slappin' a Social Media Manager?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
If true much ado about nothing and that is why Del Rio was dumb to get draw into it. Such a waste as he has always had a strong spot who many would have killed for and may well had been there for awhile if not for this.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
No, Kofi/Del Rio match #729?

RIP.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
q9ifrjU.jpg

:hm:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
No excuse? How about Montreal '97?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
if somebody said that about me and i was hispanic id smack the shit out of him too.with that said nobody gives a spit about del rio and the wwe product will be better without him

Reaction score
It's likely a suck ass spot to be in. Being independent contractors, I don't think they're protected by many of the labor laws that employees have. There may very well have been nothing ADR could have done but smack the guy. Maybe racial harassment is viable for independent contractors, but it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't apply to them. More than likely, even if he could have filed a suit or some sort of complaint, doing so would have cost ADR either a decent spot. He'd have become as relevant as Zack Ryder.

If they WWE wants talent to handle things more "professionally" in a way befitting a corporate workplace, they can't tolerate some of the shit that goes on there. You want to keep guys that throw around slurs, look the other way when someone takes issue and handles it old school style in five seconds.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I honestly didn't see anything racist when I read that joke, I thought "haha jabroni wash my dishes" not "haha spic wash my dishes".....I mean, you replace Del Rio with a Zack Ryder or Tyson Kidd and you get what? A joke about a guy low on the totem pole....like a Brooklyn Brawler or Harvey Whippleman doing odd jobs backstage justifying a job.

Reaction score
I honestly didn't see anything racist when I read that joke, I thought "haha jabroni wash my dishes" not "haha spic wash my dishes".....I mean, you replace Del Rio with a Zack Ryder or Tyson Kidd and you get what? A joke about a guy low on the totem pole....like a Brooklyn Brawler or Harvey Whippleman doing odd jobs backstage justifying a job.

I might agree if it were one of the boys near the top of the card. Their Facebook monkey isn't likely given anywhere near that sort of status where he can be making jokes like he's somehow above the talent. I think if Facebook monkey made the joke at a Brooklyn Brawler, the Brawler would be entitled to put the dude in his place.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
the simple fact that WWE didn't fire that guy makes me think work.

With WWE in cost cutting mode, one would think this would be perfect to get rid of "facebook" monkey because WWE is looking to get rid of administrative jobs and not on air talent....Because this is the company that has fired high ranking executives for these types of circumstance.

And they still didn't refer to Del Rio with his shoot name.....That isn't raising any alarms here?