AJ Lee retires

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
"Your female wrestlers have record selling merchandise and have starred in the highest rated segment in the show several times, and yet they receive a fraction of the wages and screen time of the majority of the male roster. [HASHTAG]#UseYourVoice[/HASHTAG]" was the tweet that AJ made about a month or so ago and now it seems that in the mind of the McMahons, it's come back to get her, and because of that, I personally believe that she was fired for that, that she will continue wrestling but with another company, and that she was only brought back two weeks later so she could have one more WrestleMania match and then after that, get rid of her. It's like the Jim Ross situation two years ago, they posted on WWE.com that he retired. In reality, he was fired for not stopping Ric Flair's loose cannon at SummerSlam Axxess. Stephanie was obviously furious about AJ's Twitter rant. Which brings me to the theory that she got fired. Come on now. We all or at least should know that WWE has been known to punish those who speak out about things sooner or later.

Vince has always been a big fan of AJ and was supposedly the one who instructed Stephanie to respond to the tweet in a professional manner, so I don't know. Plus, they would have likely had AJ do the job at Wrestlemania before showing her the door instead of putting over over with the victory if this were the case.

I'm kinda disappointed since AJ was the main Diva on the roster that I cared about (and one of the very few Divas that I care about period), so on one hand it's kind of a shame, but on the other hand it opens up an opportunity for someone else to step up.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
It's all a bit sudden so yh "retired"

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
:notsure: Seems fishy to me. But really things just go back to how they were about 2-3 weeks ago. Disappointed we won't get to see AJ vs Charlotte

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
:notsure: Seems fishy to me. But really things just go back to how they were about 2-3 weeks ago. Disappointed we won't get to see AJ vs Charlotte

I was hoping for that myself. Not sure if there's an acceptable substitute at the moment.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I was hoping for that myself. Not sure if there's an acceptable substitute at the moment.

Paige and Natalya, possibly Naomi, are the only ones on the main roster that could realistically compete with Charlotte right now.. The Bella twins would be in way over their heads, unfortunately Nikki has the belt at the moment so we shall see.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Paige and Natalya, possibly Naomi, are the only ones on the main roster that could realistically compete with Charlotte right now.. The Bella twins would be in way over their heads, unfortunately Nikki has the belt at the moment so we shall see.

True, but they've all faced her in NXT. Charlotte and AJ would have been a new experience.

Vince McDonald

The Artiste
Reaction score
Summer Rae, yo. The battle of the blondes! :woo:

latest