Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Tuesday's episode was super shitty; lol Coulson singlehandedly rescuing Skye from Ward and Deathlok... gtfo; horrible story writing.. Deathlok would literally just obliterate anyone normal like Coulson.. Anyway the show is really starting to drag it's first season on and not by dragging out arc's either, but mostly by trying to do way too many different things. I have to say if it keeps up the horrible quality from the last episode when this is supposed to be the dramatic ending the first season I will be cringing at the almost full day spent watching the show.

If this were the Deathlok from the comic books I would say you're right... but it's not.. this is a new incarnation of Deathlok, still as deadly but only because he's being forced to be that way... his human side is still fighting through despite the threat of his head being, potentially, blown apart. Also, I don't feel that the show is dragging on at all... personally, I want to know every little bit I can about each agent and why there are who they are. The next episode will be about Ward and why he is who he is... I am looking forward to seeing that. I was glad I got to see Skye be strong and stand up for herself and show herself to be a real part of the team... she didn't back down and she fooled Ward completely... and he is supposed to be an agent on the same tier as Black Widow... as far as them both beating the lie detector. Every episode has revealed something new about the team as a whole or about each individual member. Of course, I'm probably one of the few people who have enjoyed it from the first episode.

I can't way to watch the next 2 episodes... especially the finale.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
If this were the Deathlok from the comic books I would say you're right... but it's not.. this is a new incarnation of Deathlok, still as deadly but only because he's being forced to be that way... his human side is still fighting through despite the threat of his head being, potentially, blown apart. Also, I don't feel that the show is dragging on at all... personally, I want to know every little bit I can about each agent and why there are who they are. The next episode will be about Ward and why he is who he is... I am looking forward to seeing that. I was glad I got to see Skye be strong and stand up for herself and show herself to be a real part of the team... she didn't back down and she fooled Ward completely... and he is supposed to be an agent on the same tier as Black Widow... as far as them both beating the lie detector. Every episode has revealed something new about the team as a whole or about each individual member. Of course, I'm probably one of the few people who have enjoyed it from the first episode.

Deathlok has no emotional attachment to Coulson in fact he despises Coulson; that would make sense as to why he didn't kill Skye, but even this version of Deathlok would've made the kill on Coulson; no doubt in my mind and if truly that is their pathetic attempt at reasoning then lol that is fucking so stupid and just oh so horribly written.

The horrible acting from everyone who isn't named Ward or Skye is just killing the show further and further for me.

Ward never beat the lie detector; he "worked" around it by saying he was there for "Skye" but Patton still had his suspicions.

These are some reasons why it's feeling REALLY dragged on;
The first episode that drew my interest and wasn't just something Marvel related to watch in between movies was Episode 12.. that shouldn't happen especially for a 45 minute long show.. (completely opposed to with how shitty it's been so far IMO.. only truly 5-6 very good episodes out of 20 so far).. could see them covering the same amount of story without feeling rushed but having less time for the bad actors (everyone pretty much) to speak within a 30 minute episode.

They have Deathlok arc, Ward arc currently active and in the background Graviton arc from when Garrett gave that guy from Episode 3 his gravitonium with.. Graviton in it so still need to address that.. Although not sure why they're waiting this whole shit load of time to capitalize.

Also throwing in a Seductress episode after T.A.H.I.T.I events and right before Cap 2 events was very random and completely unnecessary. Waste of a Sif appearance considering the Seductress is like the Asgardian goddess that no one gives a shit about.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score

I've enjoyed it and been watching since day one

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Hmm hard to believe I'm the only one here who's been watching since day one and does not enjoy the majority of the show..

It doesn't bug you guys this was originally slated to be a DC "Arrow"-esque show and they just disregarded that completely and have not followed any of the solid successful footsteps of "Arrow"?

There's a reason AoS get's only high 6's or very low 7's out of 10 amongst all the major review outlets while Arrow gets a steady 8.1-8.5 rating since it debuted. One show has characters no one gives a shit about and the other has exceptional characters that has people out the wazoo the viewers care about; I'll leave you to dissect which one is which ;)

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Hmm hard to believe I'm the only one here who's been watching since day one and does not enjoy the majority of the show..

It doesn't bug you guys this was originally slated to be a DC "Arrow"-esque show and they just disregarded that completely and have not followed any of the solid successful footsteps of "Arrow"?

There's a reason AoS get's only high 6's or very low 7's out of 10 amongst all the major review outlets while Arrow gets a steady 8.1-8.5 rating since it debuted. One show has characters no one gives a shit about and the other has exceptional characters that has people out the wazoo the viewers care about; I'll leave you to dissect which one is which ;)
I won't argue that Arrow isn't better right now (watched the new one last night and DAMN) but I'm so invested in the MU that really anything related to it geeks me out man. Good example: Disney Infinity just announced its "version 2.0" which is basically all the characters from the Avengers movie with more MU characters to come soon. I was marking OUT man.

I am kind of the same way with DC too. Just finished watching the entirety of the Justice League: Unlimited cartoon. Badass. And dat opening theme music, so cool.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I won't argue that Arrow is better right now (watched the new one last night and DAMN) but I'm so invested in the MU that really anything related to it geeks me out man. Good example: Disney Infinity just announced its "version 2.0" which is basically all the characters from the Avengers movie with more MU characters to come soon. I was marking OUT man.

I am kind of the same way with DC too. Just finished watching the entirety of the Justice League: Unlimited cartoon. Badass. And dat opening theme music, so cool.

I could write Agents of Shield for days and days; Deathlok is a pretty important character in the MU, why he is wasted in this show is beyond me.. Well actually it's probably because Spiderman/Punisher properties are split so they don't feel like using him in a movie without those two involved.. but still idk there's PLENTY of other start off points they could've used..

Instead of Seductress they should've just used The Wrecker... would've been a much more preferred use of Sif's appearance.

I literally get mental boners for "Arrow"; I mean that show is just so tastefully done and has epic action scenes as well as regular dramatic segments as far as TV shows with lesser known actors go. Although Manu Bennett as Slade Wilson was a great fucking choice, when I heard that was happening I went ballistic, Crixus was my favorite character in the Spartacus show on Starz who was played by Manu Bennett.

I just don't get that same feeling/vibe with AoS, there's no pre-show starting excitement there; it's simply a matter of "I'm too invested into the Marvel Univserse to not watch the show"

My biggest concern is..
NEED MORE MARVEL CHARS: Stephen Strange, Hawkeye, Bruce Banner, Sam Wilson, Pepper Potts, Happy.. so many other low budget characters they could get to appear. I don't even want to list the low budget villains they could've done; it's embarrassing how much they could've capitalized on in Season 1 all while still doing each character's back story.. although anyone aside from Ward and Skye really I could care less about as far as origins go..

If they address that and add .. you know.. some better actors/actresses then they could have themselves a solid season 2.. but if they try to roll another season out with this same lackluster line-up of characters, actors and actresses (excluding Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill until she is announced full time for next season hopefully) then more Marvel fan's will start coming to the realization that the show was not as good as people thought during its first season run.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I could write Agents of Shield for days and days; Deathlok is a pretty important character in the MU, why he is wasted in this show is beyond me.. Well actually it's probably because Spiderman/Punisher properties are split so they don't feel like using him in a movie without those two involved.. but still idk there's PLENTY of other start off points they could've used..

Instead of Seductress they should've just used The Wrecker... would've been a much more preferred use of Sif's appearance.

I literally get mental boners for "Arrow"; I mean that show is just so tastefully done and has epic action scenes as well as regular dramatic segments as far as TV shows with lesser known actors go. Although Manu Bennett as Slade Wilson was a great fucking choice, when I heard that was happening I went ballistic, Crixus was my favorite character in the Spartacus show on Starz who was played by Manu Bennett.

I just don't get that same feeling/vibe with AoS, there's no pre-show starting excitement there; it's simply a matter of "I'm too invested into the Marvel Univserse to not watch the show"

My biggest concern is..
NEED MORE MARVEL CHARS: Stephen Strange, Hawkeye, Bruce Banner, Sam Wilson, Pepper Potts, Happy.. so many other low budget characters they could get to appear. I don't even want to list the low budget villains they could've done; it's embarrassing how much they could've capitalized on in Season 1 all while still doing each character's back story.. although anyone aside from Ward and Skye really I could care less about as far as origins go..

If they address that and add .. you know.. some better actors/actresses then they could have themselves a solid season 2.. but if they try to roll another season out with this same lackluster line-up of characters, actors and actresses (excluding Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill until she is announced full time for next season hopefully) then more Marvel fan's will start coming to the realization that the show was not as good as people thought during its first season run.
Oh I know all about Crixus, believe me. I've seen more of that man's anatomy than I ever needed or wanted to lol. But yes, the first 2 seasons of Spartacus were awesome.

And yeah, I could do with some other Marvel characters making appearances, but this only the first season. Seems like they are to busy trying to tie it into the movies (which I like the idea of) but there is just so much to cover. TBH, I would've liked to see the Enchantress rather than the Seductress. Her and the Executioner would have been awesome. But that would've likely required a Thor appearance (which would have been AWESOME). I mean, when I started this thread it was called "Unimpressed by AoS" but as the season went on I changed it.

I am waiting patiently to see if Deathlock gets the "energy claw" like he has in the comics BTW. Oh man that will be sweeeet.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Oh I know all about Crixus, believe me. I've seen more of that man's anatomy than I ever needed or wanted to lol. But yes, the first 2 seasons of Spartacus were awesome.

And yeah, I could do with some other Marvel characters making appearances, but this only the first season. Seems like they are to busy trying to tie it into the movies (which I like the idea of) but there is just so much to cover. TBH, I would've liked to see the Enchantress rather than the Seductress. Her and the Executioner would have been awesome. But that would've likely required a Thor appearance (which would have been AWESOME). I mean, when I started this thread it was called "Unimpressed by AoS" but as the season went on I changed it.

I am waiting patiently to see if Deathlock gets the "energy claw" like he has in the comics BTW. Oh man that will be sweeeet.
Enchantress is being saved for Thor 3 I'd like to assume.. She's too big to put into the show; however a brief appearance by the Executioner would've been pretty cool, when he could've just retreated back to wherever (Asgard assumed).

I'm calling for Thor 3 because with Loki in the throne back in Asgard (as Odin) that creates the perfect timeframe for when Enchantress comes into play being as she served under Loki as a Lieutenant..

Next Week's Episode of AoS: Coulson and May go undercover at Cybertek to try and uncover the story behind the creation of Deathlok.. Hmm if they "kill" Deathlok as a finale to this season.. that better not be the end.. As anyone who watches this show should know; Deathlok is more famous for being.. an "Undead Cyborg Super-Soldier" better known as Deathlok the Demolisher.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Enchantress is being saved for Thor 3 I'd like to assume.. She's too big to put into the show; however a brief appearance by the Executioner would've been pretty cool, when he could've just retreated back to wherever (Asgard assumed).

I'm calling for Thor 3 because with Loki in the throne back in Asgard (as Odin) that creates the perfect timeframe for when Enchantress comes into play being as she served under Loki as a Lieutenant..

Next Week's Episode of AoS: Coulson and May go undercover at Cybertek to try and uncover the story behind the creation of Deathlok.. Hmm if they "kill" Deathlok as a finale to this season.. that better not be the end.. As anyone who watches this show should know; Deathlok is more famous for being.. an "Undead Cyborg Super-Soldier" better known as Deathlok the Demolisher.
Still haven't seen Thor 2. I should get on that.

Yeah, Deathlock is supposed to live WAAAAAY into the future as Deathlock Prime in the comics.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Still haven't seen Thor 2. I should get on that.

Yeah, Deathlock is supposed to live WAAAAAY into the future as Deathlock Prime in the comics.
Oh shit my bad dude, didn't mean to spoil that bit for you :(
But yeah Deathlok SUPER important to MU; Punisher/Ghost Rider/Daredevil/Spiderman/Deathlok pretty much go hand in hand for some epic story lines; it's a shame the properties are split otherwise they could properly dress Deathlok in a SICK NASTY look. Not like this Power Rangers esque looking ordeal he's got going.

I wonder if they will give him the claws, if they don't you can take a reasonable guess that he will be back as an undead and somehow acquire the claws later.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
No biggie, I don't get super upset about spoilers. Its been out long enough anyway. My own fault really.

Haha the result is that he is in control, but sequences leading up to that is really what does it. It's a phenomenal movie (low 8 or high 7 out of 10); totally made up for how awful Iron Man 3 was.. (3.5/10 IMO; Ending scene with all the suits and then Guy Pearce were the only REALLY good parts; How they did the Mandarin RUINED that movie entirely)

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Haha the result is that he is in control, but sequences leading up to that is really what does it. It's a phenomenal movie (low 8 or high 7 out of 10); totally made up for how awful Iron Man 3 was.. (3.5/10 IMO; Ending scene with all the suits and then Guy Pearce were the only REALLY good parts; How they did the Mandarin RUINED that movie entirely)
Yeah, that was pretty disappointing. I was expecting the bad ass magic user guy and we get an actor who just looks like him. LAME lol.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah, that was pretty disappointing. I was expecting the bad ass magic user guy and we get an actor who just looks like him. LAME lol.
Oh for sure; I was expecting a shit load out of Mandarin and what they did to him was like an embarassment.
Also they brought in some characters that should've stuck around;
1) Guy who blew up on the bench in beginning; he becomes a villain known as Firepower.
2) Asian guy Tony spoke with at some point in the movie was Dr. Chen Lu aka Radioactive Man

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Oh for sure; I was expecting a shit load out of Mandarin and what they did to him was like an embarassment.
Also they brought in some characters that should've stuck around;
1) Guy who blew up on the bench in beginning; he becomes a villain known as Firepower.
2) Asian guy Tony spoke with at some point in the movie was Dr. Chen Lu aka Radioactive Man
Radioactive Man! Nice