African American Wrestlers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

Go to this link, you'll see what I'm talking about

You're basing your argument off an in-character promo made by Triple H 13 years ago in a feud that was made to make people hate him?

You just ruined your whole argument with that point, bud.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
LOLWUT. :rock2:

What about The Rock?

Also, New Day rocks!
Apparently, by the fact that his mother isn't black. He isn't really black.

I guess Barack Obama isn't really the first black president.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
inb4 articles of confederation

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Sure all that's true but was he or is he even considered the first black WWE champ' within the company? I can't recall and honestly I don't feel like arguing over a rich mans skin color.

That is a distinction that I doubt WWE will ever make. Although many fans consider it differently, WWE considers its holdings as part of WWE. Although they didn't have control over WCW when it happened, the fact that they own it now makes its history part of the WWE

WWE has on many occasions lauded Ron Simmons as the first black world heavyweight champion. By making the distinction between the belts, it would in fact be undermining what Simmons did. It would come across like this:

Ron Simmons is the first black heavyweight champion!

Who cares, the Rock is the first black WWE champion!

It would, in my view, come across as an attempt to nullify Simmons' title victory. I doubt they will ever really address the situation in another way.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
They don't need to recognize The Rock as the first black champion. His accomplishments and ventures, in themselves, are good enough.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Roman Reigns has no mic skills whatsoever but yet Vince loves the guy and the incident with Kofi, it was one mistake, roman made mistakes whenever he talked on the microphone yet they still give him a big ass push, jack swagger had no mic skills but they let him become world champion
Lost all credibility right there. If you can't see that Reigns has natural charisma being hidden behind the crap the writers had him saying for so long, you're not very observant.

I also think it's funny that this is brought up at a time when WWE has probably the least amount of stereotypical gimmicks regarding black wrestlers. WWE didn't push guys like Brock Lesnar and John Cena because they're white, they did it because they're good at what they do. If a black guy came in with the talent those two have, they'd be pushed.

Reaction score
Ya know, you're actually right about roman being good on the mic when he's being himself, but they seriously have to stop making him look like a complete powerhouse

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Apparently, by the fact that his mother isn't black. He isn't really black.

I guess Barack Obama isn't really the first black president.

I never understood that. If I was 50/50 white and black, would that mean I was just white then? It makes no dang sense. All this stuff just fuels more racial drama and wars that just aren't necessary. Just because one of your parents isn't black doesn't mean you aren't.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I never understood that. If I was 50/50 white and black, would that mean I was just white then? It makes no dang sense. All this stuff just fuels more racial drama and wars that just aren't necessary. Just because one of your parents isn't black doesn't mean you aren't.
Race is nothing but a categorization of appearance. But some people feel it's entrenched into your blood and soul. Was Michael Jackson a black man or a white man? To those who believe it's just appearance, he was white. To people believe that race determines personality, he was black. But at the end of the day we're people, nothing more, nothing less.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
It seems the only person who is making this about race is you.

The New Day is the most over and top selling merchandise selling unit in the WWE, right now. They're getting their own cereal, if you need any more proof. Does it matter that they dance around, because if you ask any business professional or pro wrestling booker, they're the epitome of a pro wrestling success story. And another thing that bothers me about this, is that The New Day has a big say in what they do. What they do is at their own behest. So does it really matter that they dance around? They're successful, and they're having fun. That's all that matters.

You also bring up a black version of Brock Lesnar. I'm not sure if you noticed but Brock Lesnar is an absolute freak. There isn't a white version, a black version, a brown version and an Asian version, in-stock. He's a one of a kind, once in a life-time athlete. The closest we've gotten to anyone like him was Bobby Lashley, who, to your liking, was black. But he was a fraction of what Lesnar was and is. He was on the rise, with a massive push. He was ECW World Champion, feuded with McMahon and was drafted to RAW. But injuries halted his push, at the peak.

I hate when people automatically equate race to everything done in WWE. Yeah they've had some stereotypical gimmicks, but that doesn't really matter in the large scheme of things because they hardly last more than a couple of years or even months.
Bobby Lashely was basically WWE's attempt at BLack Lesnar. Can't be mad at them that he couldn't get himself over when given every leg up booking advantage was given to him.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Since Rock, Ron Simmons and Booker T have already been mentioned. Allow me to dig further into the history books.

Junkyard Dog was THE MAN in the Midwest Territory for just about half of the 80s as the north American heavyweight champion. Before Simmons was world champion. JYD sold out stadiums and arenas for years with that belt. He was the first black top star in pro wrestling as a whole.

JYD then went on to the WWF and won the main event in the first ever WWE PPV, winning the Wrestling Classic tournament

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I would also like to mention that Junkyard Dog was a top draw in the South west territories.

A black man being a top draw in the deep south is impeccable. A true wrestling legend.