African American Wrestlers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I just look at pro wrestling like I look at stand up comedy.

Are you trying to make a joke? If the answer is yes, there is no reason for people to be offended. People say you can't joke about this or that? bullshit. watch me do it. At the end of the day (lads) its just comedy. Its not meant to be taken seriously.

Pro wrestling, same to me. Look at the history of the "sport" lol. Its made to be absurd. If Vince is trying to get someone over or entertain (himself or others) with his booking, that's just wrestling. You can't say New Day is entertaining and then turn around and bitch about another stereotypical gimmick because all ideas (or jokes from the previous example) are birthed the same birth. You don't know how a live crowd will react, you try and see what happens. And ultimately if you did have a truly racist booker paying people to portray stereotypes in some sort of heinous plot to try and hold people down and genuinely spread hate and racism... I would personally take a bigger issue with the performers taking money to go out and belittle their own people for a buck over the evil racist paying them to do so. But I sincerely doubt that circumstance exists as I'm sure you aren't trying to say anything like that exists either.

So that's my defense for Vince or any booker. They are in a whacky industry where who knows what the fuck will stick. Good gimmicks and bad gimmicks are born the same birth.
Very well put

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
That is the same as people taking my jokes on here seriously, I doubt anyone truly believes I am racist. It is all in fun and I'd never cross the line where it actually offends a person personally.

And Dolph's, you are alright in my book. You put what I was trying to say with comedy in better context. I have seen indie wrestling shows and they do far worse than Vince. :dawg:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
That is the same as people taking my jokes on here seriously, I doubt anyone truly believes I am racist. It is all in fun and I'd never cross the line where it actually offends a person personally.

And Dolph's, you are alright in my book. You put what I was trying to say with comedy in better context. I have seen indie wrestling shows and they do far worse than Vince. :dawg:
Thanks. As a comedy enthusiast and part time open mic'r I do feel strongly about a comedians right to make jokes. I just think its silly that anything said during a comedy routine would be taken at face value and people get offended. Patrice O'Neil is one of my idols and if you've never seen this video I strongly recommend it

Jim Jeffries also talks about it in his latest Netflix special "Freedumb". (excellent special btw). People who listen to what a comic says and think its his real opinion are moronic. There is a big difference between something I actually think/believe and something that I think is funny to say.

Same with booking wrestling shows to keep this post relevant. Vince might think putting three luchadores in a lawn care business gimmick is hilarious but that doesn't mean he thinks all Mexicans should be doing manual labor for a living.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Thanks. As a comedy enthusiast and part time open mic'r I do feel strongly about a comedians right to make jokes. I just think its silly that anything said during a comedy routine would be taken at face value and people get offended. Patrice O'Neil is one of my idols and if you've never seen this video I strongly recommend it

Jim Jeffries also talks about it in his latest Netflix special "Freedumb". (excellent special btw). People who listen to what a comic says and think its his real opinion are moronic. There is a big difference between something I actually think/believe and something that I think is funny to say.

Same with booking wrestling shows to keep this post relevant. Vince might think putting three luchadores in a lawn care business gimmick is hilarious but that doesn't mean he thinks all Mexicans should be doing manual labor for a living.

I have watched a lot of comedy over the years and love stand up, specially when they are not afraid to just let loose. I have seen some of Patrice's stuff and it is quite good. The way I look at it is, this is all entertainment. They have sitcoms where people cheat on their spouses and tease their kids. Does this mean they are promoting adultery and child abuse? No way! I know when I should be offended and have come a long way. I used to get offended by everything and it just ain't worth it. Wrestling (WWE related) is essentially a walking skit full of colorful personalities and drama mixed with some staged in-ring wrestling. Just knowing the actual wrestling is staged is enough not to take the rest of what they do personally. I am Italian and if I got offended by Santino's character, I would have missed out on a lot of funny things he did.