African American Wrestlers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
His father is black. Therefore he is also black. You can be a black Samoan.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Exactly, like why can't we get a african american version of Goldberg or Brock Lesnar? Or a african american version of John Cena? If you look at other sports, Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant don't dance around like idiots, it pisses me off

darren-young.jpg

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I hate to be the black guy to say this but...he don't count. He identifies as samoan not african american.

I debated even getting into this conversation, but here it is.

I'm tired of the whole "The Rock's not black" shtick. People presume he doesn't think of himself as black when he's commented on multiple occasions about being proud of both of his heritages. Unless he's come out recently denying that he's black and stating that he only thinks of himself as Samoan, I'm really not impressed. He's half-black, half-Samoan (or some similar mixture...considering the rather messed-up nature of Americans' ethnic backgrounds).

wk

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

I'm tired of the whole "The Rock's not black" shtick. People presume he doesn't think of himself as black when he's commented on multiple occasions about being proud of both of his heritages. Unless he's come out recently denying that he's black and stating that he only thinks of himself as Samoan, I'm really not impressed. He's half-black, half-Samoan (or some similar mixture...considering the rather messed-up nature of Americans' ethnic backgrounds).

wk

I couldn't agree more. I'm tired of this "he identifies as Samoan and doesn't count as black " nonsense. First off, I've never ONCE heard the Rock say this. In order for this to be valid, he'd have to say both things.

I've never heard, read nor can I find a single comment by the Rock in regards to identifying solely as Samoan or black. I have heard him on occasion speak proudly of both heritages.

Second, even if he did such a thing, it wouldn't make him any less black.

Reaction score
I'm just saying, I want a fully African American wrestler to come in and make a difference

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score

wk

Sure all that's true but was he or is he even considered the first black WWE champ' within the company? I can't recall and honestly I don't feel like arguing over a rich mans skin color.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I'm just saying, I want a fully African American wrestler to come in and make a difference
I'm guessing Booker T carrying WCW on his back for an entire year, and ultimately becoming a 6x World Heavyweight Champion and Hall of Famer is not a difference. Or Farooq becoming the first black WCW World Champion or World Champion of any major promotion is just a distant memory that barely anyone remembers.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Sure all that's true but was he or is he even considered the first black WWE champ' within the company? I can't recall and honestly I don't feel like arguing over a rich mans skin color.

No. The only first "black/African-American WWE champ(s)" I've ever heard touted by WWE were Rocky Johnson and Tony Atlas. And the "first African-American/black world champion" I've heard talked about was Ron Simmons.

wk

Reaction score
Yeah I remember those guys but now they just make them seem like stereotype black guys, I get that the new day are more successful the they were when they were singles competitors but the way they dance, and stuff like that, it just proves triple h's point, african americans don't get to be world champions, that they're made to entertain, not compete

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Yeah I remember those guys but now they just make them seem like stereotype black guys, I get that the new day are more successful the they were when they were singles competitors but the way they dance, and stuff like that, it just proves triple h's point, african americans don't get to be world champions, that they're made to entertain, not compete

They're the longest reigning tag team champions in the company's history...

Reactions: Roadster

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
So, we think WWE is basing their policy on the race of wrestling champions on an in-character promo from 13 years ago?

wk