AFL 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kylie

Reaction score
Likewise. I don't like the fact that it was just the one game this week. GWS did quite well and I think showed a lot more in their first game than Gold Coast did in their debut. If the Giants keep this up I'd put money on them finishing a lot better than Gold Coast did.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
GWS are already better than Gold Coast.

GWS can put pressure when playing, yes they have a bunch of rookies but give them a few years and they'll be a half-decent side.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
- Selwood has signed with Geelong until 2017 as well as Deledio

- Backline Coach Todd Curley has left his role at Fremantle Dockers

Looking forward to seeing the teams being released tomorrow so I can find some cheap gems in my Supercoach!

Kylie

Reaction score
Cousins arrested for drugs - AFL.com.au
Cousins arrested for drugs
TROUBLED former footballer Ben Cousins has been released from police custody for the second time in two days, after being charged with alleged drug offences in Western Australia.

WA police have confirmed to AFL.com.au a 33-year-old Bicton man was arrested at around 7.15pm on Tuesday night at Esperance Airport, in the state's south.

"He's been charged with possess methylamphetamine with intent to sell or supply," a police spokeswoman said.

Cousins was initially released on bail, but was then brought back before the Esperance court for allegedly breaching one of his bail conditions.

Having re-appeared Wednesday afternoon, the case has now been adjourned to be heard at the Perth Magistrate's Court on April 2.

Airport rent-a-car worker Rob Tate witnessed the arrest.

"It wasn't like a big scene or anything like that," he told AFL.com.au.

"There was a couple of detectives who turned up in suits.

"When the plane landed they just walked over to Ben and grabbed him."

He said they then took Cousins into a nearby room, closing the curtains.

It's understood the Brownlow medalist has been spending time at a drug rehabilitation centre in the coastal holiday spot.

The Teen Challenge Substance Abuse Recovery and Prevention Centre is located about 3km from Esperance airport.

Cousins' substance abuse battle has been one of the most closely followed story lines in Australian football history.

A premiership player and Brownlow medalist, he played 238 games for West Coast and 32 for Richmond.

His career first struck turmoil when he was stripped of the West Coast captaincy in 2006 for fleeing a booze bus.

Cousins was then suspended by the Eagles in 2007, and then eventually sacked by the club and banned from playing by the AFL for bringing the game into disrepute.

He retired from playing at the end of 2010.

Last year, Cousins' partner Maylea gave birth to their son.

That is so disappointing to read. Was hoping he was past all this and getting help, especially considering he has a baby to look after.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Cousins is a lost cause now, I had also assumed that the worst was behind him and that now that he had a baby he would grow up but he hasn't.

Richmond vs. Carlton has been a good game tonight. Was a close game up to three quarter time but then Carlton kicked away in the final term to eventually win by 44 points. Richmond should have done a lot better tonight considering that Carlton were missing a lot of key defenders, Reivoldt and Vickery were poor in the forward 50 in regards to marks inside fifty against an under sized defence. Good win for Cartlon and also a fantastic crowd with 80k people there.

Collingwood vs Hawthorn tomorrow night and they are predicting 90k!!!

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Carlton fired up last quarter to flog Richmond by 44 points.

Riewoldt with 112 SC points, Ellis with 49... UGH! Wish I had someone else there like Rance...

I'm doing alright so far in SC but could be on a fair lot of points but my players so far have scored over 80 besides Ellis (49)...

Collingwood v. Hawks is said to be sold out.

Aniking

Reaction score
Cousins is a lost cause now, I had also assumed that the worst was behind him and that now that he had a baby he would grow up but he hasn't.

At first I thought he was taking drugs again, then I read he's actually been caught with an amount that shows his intention to possibly sell it. I'd feel sorry for him if he had a relapse, but seeing how he hasn't, he probably does need to grow up.

Richmond vs. Carlton has been a good game tonight. Was a close game up to three quarter time but then Carlton kicked away in the final term to eventually win by 44 points. Richmond should have done a lot better tonight considering that Carlton were missing a lot of key defenders, Reivoldt and Vickery were poor in the forward 50 in regards to marks inside fifty against an under sized defence. Good win for Cartlon and also a fantastic crowd with 80k people there.

I looked at the game differently. Richmond were competitive for the majority of the game, other than two periods - majroity of the 2nd quarter which stretched to the first few mins of the 3rd, and the final 10 mins of the game. Those periods are what cost them the game as Carlton completely controlled the game and took advantage. Richmond are still a team on the up, and their depth doesn't match Carlton's, so pull the margin back a couple of goals and that'd be a pass for me. A 44 point loss was a little too high.

Btw, Riewoldt kicked like 5 goals. I don't think marks inside 50 really matters that much if he still kicked 5. It would if he only managed a goal or so.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
At first I thought he was taking drugs again, then I read he's actually been caught with an amount that shows his intention to possibly sell it. I'd feel sorry for him if he had a relapse, but seeing how he hasn't, he probably does need to grow up.

I looked at the game differently. Richmond were competitive for the majority of the game, other than two periods - majroity of the 2nd quarter which stretched to the first few mins of the 3rd, and the final 10 mins of the game. Those periods are what cost them the game as Carlton completely controlled the game and took advantage. Richmond are still a team on the up, and their depth doesn't match Carlton's, so pull the margin back a couple of goals and that'd be a pass for me. A 44 point loss was a little too high.

Btw, Riewoldt kicked like 5 goals. I don't think marks inside 50 really matters that much if he still kicked 5. It would if he only managed a goal or so.

Pretty sure that Riewoldt only had two to three quarter time, the goals he kicked in the last quarter were when the game was already out of reach. For some reason he was played at CHF during the first half when he is one of the best FFs in the game. Henderson had the better of him tonight. Vickery started with a good goal but after that didn't do much and dropped an easy uncontested mark when the game was in the balance near the end. Oddly Martin and Cotchin looked like their best marking forwards tonight.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Heading to Collingwood vs Hawks tonight as usual since I go to all games (cheersquad member), should be a good game and I hope the pies win. Going to be tough for us though.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Another year and another close loss in Round One for North. We looked good in the first quarter and in the last ten minutes of the game but for the rest of it we were horrible. Goldstein and McIntosh didn't seem to know how to play together and going in one key defender short hurt us with Hurley easily shrugging of our other defenders. Goldstein can't play defence so I have no idea why he was played there. Our kick-ins need work because all we do is bomb it to Petrie when he is being triple teamed rather than thinking it through. Not what I was hoping for from the first game but it wasn't the worst result. Next game is GWS so hopefully we make a couple of changes and end up with a big win.

This has been a great round so far. North vs. Essendon was great to watch, Geelong vs. Fremantle, Collingwood vs. Hawthorn and West Coast vs. Bulldogs were also good games to watch. Very disappointed that Melbourne couldn't step up and win, I think that I rated Brisbane too low this season and over rated Melbourne who looked poor.

Port are playing Saints now and it is a close game. Actually hoping that Port win.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Port started well first quarter, I knew Bulldogs were going to lose but my God... Lake's shit! I hope he plays VFL for the rest of the season, he really really disappoints me. I had high hopes but us supporters are not impressed one bit. However Clay Smith and Dahlhaus impressed today as did Boyd & Priddis.

West Coast for top 4 looks do-able.

Glad Fremantle won, Geelong's fucked next week :D

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Dalhaus is awesome to watch and I was happy to see him get a couple of goals. Smith looked good on debut as well. Lake lost all his confidence last year and I was surprised to see him start, a couple of years ago he was the best defender but now he is nothing. Kennedy looked really good for West Coast with seven goals. West Coast for top four definitely does look possible.

Geelong will struggle next week against Hawthorn who looked great against Collingwood this week. Geelong will probably be without Scarlett as well.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Magner should get rising star I reckon.

Who would your pick be?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Cognilio looked good for GWS last week so I think that he might get it, Magner was quality as well and I am sure that both will get them during the season.

Port vs Saints is still close with Port ahead by just six points at the moment.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
129 points. I will take that for North's first game against GWS, 183-54 is a thumping and it is a great percentage boost for us.

West Coast smashed Melbourne yesterday by 108 points to continue a horrible two weeks for Melbourne both on and off the field. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong for them and I feel for Mark Neeld who has to try to turn this club around. They need to get rid of some more of the older players who don't offer anything, Brad Green is the best example.

Carlton had a great win against Brisbane on Thursday night with a 91 point win. The first quarter was even and then after that Carlton just kicked away from them.

Richmond pushed Collingwood, Western Bulldogs nearly beat Adelaide and Port pushed Essendon but in the end the favourites won.

Saints vs. Gold Coast is up next and I think that Saints will win but not by much. Maybe less than 30 points.