AFL 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Anyone here doing Supercoach?

Thinking of setting up a league for WS only.

Aniking

Reaction score
Anyone here doing Supercoach?

Thinking of setting up a league for WS only.

I made one about a fortnight ago. Haven't done one for years, so I thought I may as well do it for shits and gigs.

If we can get a decent amount of people in then it'd be fun, otherwise I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing and that's waiting for the start of the season so it'll throw me into a public league.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Aniking, you can run the WS league, I'll join ya.

I'm sure Troy, Ants would be interested.

I reckon Hatred should give it a go.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Never really do it but I'll have a go I guess.

Aniking

Reaction score
I don't really think I said anywhere that I'd run anything. I DID say that I'm only doing it for shits and gigs, unless a lot more people wanna have a go.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Ah that's why. Now how hard was it of North's staff to just say that in the first place? I get that they want to keep it quiet, but if they reveal nothing instead of something then the media will probe into it until they have something to go off, no matter how inaccurate the story is.

I don't mind the whole co-captain bit. As long as a club can function and show both an equal amount of respect then there shouldn't be a problem. Both Trengrove and Grimes aren't bad choices, although both are very young for that kind of responsibility....especially Trengrove (I think he's only 20 right?).

They wanted to keep the focus on the Debt campaign event later that day but it would have been easier to say it was because he lied about rehab and that was it.

Trengove is 20 and will be the youngest captain in VFL/AFL history which is incredible. He has a great level head though and I am sure he will be fine in the role.

Looking forward to the NAB Cup starting next week. Will be good to see footy again and to see how some fringe players in each squad go.

Kylie

Reaction score
GWS are announcing their inaugural captain/co-captains (depending on which way they go). Any thoughts?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'd vote Luke Power & Callan Ward.

While Callan Ward is quite young, I'd still vote him due to his experience with the Bulldogs. Luke Power should just be captain, I shouldn't have to say why.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Luke Power is a good choice to carry it for a year or two. I see GWS adding Tom Scully as a co-captain as well simply as a way to get some return on their investment. I don't think that Scully should be captain but I see Sheedy doing it.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Can't wait for the NAB Cup starting this weekend... FINALLY! Lucky I have Foxtel as I think it is on FOX.

Collingwood have an easy win over in Sydney against GWS and Bulldogs.

Saturday, Feb 18
Blacktown International Sportspark

GWS Giants vs. Western Bulldogs
Western Bulldogs vs. Collingwood
Collingwood vs. GWS Giants

7.15pm
Fox

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Everything will be on Fox Footy for the NAB Cup. I have FOXTEL as well so I am very happy that I can watch it all.

Groupings for the the first week of the first round are:

Richmond vs. Hawthorn vs. North Melbourne
GWS vs. Western Bulldogs vs. Collingwood
West Coast vs. Fremantle vs. Essendon

The system for the NAB Cup this year are a bit odd because everyone plays two shortened matches in the first week. Then two full matches in the two weeks following the first round and then the two top ranked teams after all that will play the final.:

The format for the 2012 NAB Cup will be as follows:
  • Weeks 1 and 2: The eighteen teams are split into six pools of three teams each. The three teams in each pool play each other in games of two 20 minute halves, with all three games being played over a three hour period at the one venue.
  • Weeks 3 and 4: The eighteen teams will play a full length match each week in either metropolitan or regional areas.
  • Week 5: The two best ranked teams will play in the NAB Cup Grand Final. The other sixteen teams will play a full length match in either metropolitan or regional areas.

Aniking

Reaction score
Deadset, my Foxtel is gonna be on that Fox Footy channel every fucking weekend, starting on Friday night.

The NAB Cup format is the same as last years, so there's no surprise there. Although it was a little strange at first, it worked fine last year.

I'm actually keen to watch the 40 minute matches because it was never shown here last year. I'm just hoping my Bombers can make the final again.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Poor me, I'll be at the local pub watching every game.

Come on Doggies!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Deadset, my Foxtel is gonna be on that Fox Footy channel every fucking weekend, starting on Friday night.

The NAB Cup format is the same as last years, so there's no surprise there. Although it was a little strange at first, it worked fine last year.

I'm actually keen to watch the 40 minute matches because it was never shown here last year. I'm just hoping my Bombers can make the final again.

Didn't teams get eliminated after the first round last year? This year everyone is alive until the final/

GWS announced their captains today Luke Power, Callan Ward and Phil Davis. Surprised that Phil Davis got the nod, he was considered leadership material at the Crows but he has played 18 games and hasn't got his body right yet. Wonder what the six million dollar man Tom Scully is thinking? I hate this co-captain idea, should have given it to Power for this year with Ward as VC and then next year Ward can take over.

Reaction score
SuperCoach isn't hard to run. Create a league, sign up, pick your team and let them do all the work for you. I can set it up tomorrow for you