AFL 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
NAB Cup is underway and I'm watching it online,

North beat Richmond by 3 points in Game 1.

Right now North is facing Hawthorn in a contested game, North are looking great even though they just played Game 1 as well. Right now Hawks lead by 24

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Hawks win Game 2 - Supergoal to J. Lewis

53 to 28.

Must say North did play well, Hawks too strong.

Aniking

Reaction score
North Melbourne pinched the win from Richmond, who I thought were probably the better team overall. They just couldn't get the job done in the end, so credit goes to the Kangaroos for hanging in there. Conca looks in trouble after that shot on Adams, who said it was an accident but the new vision shown proved it to be intentional. He'll be suspended for a few weeks.

Hawthorn crushed the Kangaroos in that 1st half, but the 2nd half was a lot more even and probably went the way of the Kangaroos. They didn't play well in that game, they just had a good 2nd half where Hawthorn took their foot off, probably to sit on the lead they had to preserve energy for their match against Richmond. The super goal was by Brad Sewell, not Jordan Lewis.

Final game about to start, hopefully be a close one. Can't look past Hawthorn.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Thanks for clearing that Supergoal one up, the commentators said it was Lewis... No idea why.

Great game so far between Hawks & Tigers.

Jake King will be going on my Supercoach.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
What a game!

Richmond beats Hawks by 3!

Aniking

Reaction score
Awesome to see Richmond beating Hawthorn by 3 points, and really they should've won both games. Hawthorn kicked 0-1-5 in that 1st half, which ended up costing them, but that's what happens when you don't put them through the middle. 2nd half went to Richmond for me, although there was a period of time (around 2-3 minutes) where Hawthorn took control and went up 37-27 with exactly 4 mins to go, only to concede 2 goals and a behind to lose. Well done to Richmond, meaning all three teams end with a win and loss each, which didn't actually happen at all in last years NAB Cup.

Overall, here's how tonight went scorewise:

Hawthorn - 1.11.15 = 90
Richmond - 0.12.9 = 81
North Melbourne - 0.11.6 = 72

Too many behinds by Hawthorn with 8 of those coming against the Kangaroos and the remaining 7 against Richmond. Lucky for them they dominated the first part of the 1st half against the Kangaroos or else it may have cost them.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
You wouldn't believe it, I completely forgot that this was on last night. It was only at 11pm when it suddenly clicked in my head that the NAB Cup was on tonight and so I missed out on North playing :(

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
All three teams played decent to be honest, Conca could be missing out 5 weeks. Can't wait for tonight, could easily help my Supercoach with the cheap bargains and such!

Go them Doggies!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good effort by GWS first up to lose by only five points. Collingwood then took their time in the second match but eventually won by seven points.

Watching GWS versus Collingwood now. Looking at the Collingwood list and it is like they are playing their B team, so many top names missing. Jarrod Witts is debuting for Collingwood, still a teenager and he is 208cm tall massive unit.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I reckon GWS can win at least 4 games this year. Some great guys, Tomlinson is a great player and so is Sam Darley

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I wish GWS could have concieved that last score there!

Really exciting game and GWS displayed they can easily play better then Gold Coast, they kept me entertained both games and almost scared Bulldogs & Magpies respectively. They might be young but they are going to be a hell lot better then Gold Coast.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Don't think you can scare anyone in NAB Cup.. Most teams don't care for it and use it as a trial period to try out their rookies.

Aniking

Reaction score
Very encouraging signs for GWS. Although the Gold Coast won both their NAB Cup matches last year (one was against GWS), GWS did very well against an under strength Collingwood that could still boast Luke Ball, Simon Buckley, Chris Dawes, Alex Fasolo, Tyson Goldsack, Heath Shaw, Steele Sidebottom, Dane Swan, Dale Thomas and Alan Toovey, whereas GWS only had Phil Davis. As for their match against the Bulldogs, they played Chad Cornes, James McDonald, Rhys Palmer, Luke Power, Sam Reid, Tom Scully and Callan Ward alongside Phil Davis, against a Bulldogs team who were without only around 6 of their key players. If GWS can play the way they did for the entire season, I honestly see them winning a few games.

In the end I think it was the experience that got the Bulldogs over the line by 5 points and Collingwood over the line by 3 points against GWS. The match between Bulldogs and Collingwood, which Collingwood won by 7 points, wasn't that flash and was pretty scrappy, but it was quite a humid night and the ball was slippery. Still, wasn't the best to watch, and this one had the same players I mentioned above but also Darren Jolly and Brent Macaffer. Unfortunately Macaffer has suffered what looks to be a bad knee injury.

Like I did with the games from last night, here's how it looks overall with the scoring:

Giants - 1.8.5 = 62
Collingwood - 0.9.7 = 61
Bulldogs - 0.8.6 = 54

Well well well, have a look at that. I hope this is pointed out to the GWS team because even though they didn't win a game, they topped the scoring. The super goal was scored by Callan Ward. Here's how they stack up to last nights games:

Hawthorn - 1.11.15 = 90
Richmond - 0.12.9 = 81
North Melbourne - 0.11.6 = 72
Giants - 1.8.5 = 62
Collingwood - 0.9.7 = 61
Bulldogs - 0.8.6 = 54

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I definitely see GWS winning a couple of games this season I truly believe that no team can go through a season without winning a game. They will find another team in poor form and everything will go right for them to get the win. I will be happy when Jonathon Giles makes his debut, he was so close to debuting for Port many times but they never gave him a shot. Good to see that GWS came along to give him one more chance and he should ruck for most of the season with Brogan.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Some terrible games were played tonight, it was wet but the skills were still poor. Gold Coast, Melbourne and Brisbane all pick up a win. Port, Adelaide and Carlton play tomorrow but they may only play 30 minute games because it is so hot here at the moment, 40C today.

Ladder is pretty even with only three games left in round one; AFL Ladder - AFL.com.au