AEW REVOLUTION March 3rd, 2024: Live from the Greensboro Coliseum on PPV

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
If there's one thing I've understood and learned from the Cody booking is if you starve your babyfaces a little bit ppl go fucking nuts and get even louder. I could see that being a plan here. I think the machine is behind Swerve regardless

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I can see this heading to a place where we’ll butt heads so I’m gonna move on

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
you not wanting something does not mean it doesn't make story sense. I think had you been keeping up with the show you would understand better
I didn’t say it didn’t make sense.

Although, not sure why Swerve needs to lose and then win it two months later. You can explain it to me if you want. No need for the down talk because I don’t personally think Joe need to be world champion. Just giving my thoughts.

I also clearly posted the :krillin2 smile.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
as for the kayfabe argument, Joe has played this masterfully. Hanger and Swerve have been killing each other the whole build while he's resting and preparing. It's logical in that sense he would have the advantage and be the favorite

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I didn’t say it didn’t make sense.

Although, not sure why Swerve needs to lose and then win it two months later. You can explain it to me if you want. No need for the down talk because I don’t personally think Joe need to be world champion. Just giving my thoughts.

I also clearly posted the :krillin2 smile.
The reason is because he's not fully a face yet and the story they want to tell is Hangman will do everything including turning heel to stop him. They want his title win to be more meaningful and impactful, I would imagine, as well. Babyface Swerve winning a 3way hits way less hard than beating Joe or whoever 1 on 1. That is why besides the story beats it's gonna happen that way. It's gonna cause people to want him to win even more and fully back him. Right now a lot of ppl think he is cool. After he loses as a baby and get's fucked over, people will now be behind him for story reasons as well. I think it's gonna work well, assuming that is the long plan. Hard to tell with the killers on the roster tho

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
this build has been great though so atm I am choosing to trust the process

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'd honestly be fine with Hangman winning too fwiw , or Swerve. I just think that Swerve has to actually get his comeuppances as a heel to becomea full fledge face. He can't beat hangman twice dirty, break into his house and turn face without even saying sorry. He has to pay a price so people can feel sorry for him a bit and he learns a little bit of humility and accepts he fucked up prior. ANd if they do that they'll have successfully logically turned two people's alignment with a rich backstory that actually makes sense. So while I understand the want for immediacy with Swerve being crowned, I know you love your stories Smark, and this story kicks ass

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The reason is because he's not fully a face yet and the story they want to tell is Hangman will do everything including turning heel to stop him. They want his title win to be more meaningful and impactful, I would imagine, as well. Babyface Swerve winning a 3way hits way less hard than beating Joe or whoever 1 on 1. That is why besides the story beats it's gonna happen that way. It's gonna cause people to want him to win even more and fully back him. Right now a lot of ppl think he is cool. After he loses as a baby and get's fucked over, people will now be behind him for story reasons as well. I think it's gonna work well, assuming that is the long plan. Hard to tell with the killers on the roster tho
Fair enough, but from my vantage point Hangman already stabbed him in the back and made the vow he wouldn’t leave with the belt. I feel you can easily position him heading into this match as a babyface and fully cement it by having Swerve best Hangman’s every advance in the match. What a better story than to make such a statement that you care more about stopping Swerve from winning then win yourself and Swerve still wins. That would feel like the ultimate babyface victory to me.

I’m sure it’ll still work as you describe. I never said it wouldn’t. I was just speaking for me personally I don’t care about Samoa Joe being champ and I do know outside of me, people been clamoring for Swerve to win since before Full Gear. I personally still think Jay should have beaten MJF. That would have made more sense to me. Joe being the guy who ended the monumental run of MJF still feels off to me, but when people said this is clearly for Swerve to get it next, I said fair enough. Just feels like it’s time.

If they want to do it April, I guess they can and it’ll work if they book it as you describe. I think there’s a balance to made. You speak of Cody needing to earn it, but there’s also the cases of ROH waiting too long to crown the obvious, too.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
My preferred scenario would be Hangman losing after being so focused on preventing Swerve from winning, and not even being mad he lost bc he succeeded in his goal. Joe takes advantage of the bitter rivalry and continues on.

Hangman could win too, he'd just need to stop a swerve win last second to get maximum heat too

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
My preferred scenario would be Hangman losing after being so focused on preventing Swerve from winning, and not even being mad he lost bc he succeeded in his goal. Joe takes advantage of the bitter rivalry and continues on.

Hangman could win too, he'd just need to stop a swerve win last second to get maximum heat too
Hangman and Bucks both winning would be mega fucking heat ngl

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I think they'll also keep Joe so Wardlow can get his rematch against him

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Fair enough, but from my vantage point Hangman already stabbed him in the back and made the vow he wouldn’t leave with the belt. I feel you can easily position him heading into this match as a babyface and fully cement it by having Swerve best Hangman’s every advance in the match. What a better story than to make such a statement that you care more about stopping Swerve from winning then win yourself and Swerve still wins. That would feel like the ultimate babyface victory to me.

I’m sure it’ll still work as you describe. I never said it wouldn’t. I was just speaking for me personally I don’t care about Samoa Joe being champ and I do know outside of me, people been clamoring for Swerve to win since before Full Gear. I personally still think Jay should have beaten MJF. That would have made more sense to me. Joe being the guy who ended the monumental run of MJF still feels off to me, but when people said this is clearly for Swerve to get it next, I said fair enough. Just feels like it’s time.

If they want to do it April, I guess they can and it’ll work if they book it as you describe. I think there’s a balance to made. You speak of Cody needing to earn it, but there’s also the cases of ROH waiting too long to crown the obvious, too.
Waiting too long is a fair argument, I think the pacing right now is just right now and a few months delay will be fine. Was fine for Hanger at the time as annoying as it was.

As far as Hangman goes, as I said in the post above after this, he actually has not got his revenger at all yet. I think him losing to Joe, fucking over Swerve in the process, furthers his story and goals. It can be the final catalyst for Swerve to admit maybe he got what he deserved this time due to his past transgression, but now he's gonna do it right and win by himself.

Joe can have a few token defenses, I forsee Wardlow getting cucked by a returning MJF at Dynasty (that name, duh!) and kicking off that feud. Swerve could realistically win the rematch with Joe 1 on 1 at the main event of Double or Nothing

That's another point I forgot about. Sting is closing the show. Much better for Swerve to win at another pape where HE is the main event. bigger moment argument basically.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The funny thing is, I don’t even really care that much about Swerve winning. It’s just that when I was complaining about Jay not winning the belt everyone just kept saying Swerve should have it next, so I’m just trying to get it off the guy I don’t want it to the guy I actually want to have the belt get the belt and if there are people the people wanna see get it first I just don’t wanna prolong that too long so just give it to Swerve already so then he can drop it to hangman and then hang can finally drop it to Jay White. :drose

I’m mostly kidding. I do like Swerve, though. And Hanger.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler