AEW Fyter Fest Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Oh man now I really wish this was a two out of three falls match BRUH

If they had one planned....they probably would've change it anyway after WWE just like 4 in two weeks or so....two on one damn show lol.

Reactions: Chris

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I doubt we'll see a 2-falls match any time soon with it being such a WWE staple now.

Reactions: Chris and Vegeta

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think if they're gonna be done, protected with hands should probably be the way it's done.

That said, Benoit barely if even took a serious chair shot to the head. WWE and the media tried to blame everything for Benoit doing what he did. For the longest time it was the steroids. As for his brain, I don't think all those headbutts were smart. Those make me cringe more than anything when a wrestler does those in 2019.

If Cody got concussed it's because him and Shawn are idiots for the way it was done. The three biggest examples I csn think of where a chair shot really concussed someone bad were all to the back of the head with the folding part. It shouldn't be that hard to do it right. I'm not saying AEW needs to do them, but I don't think they're any worse when protected then all the other things they do which I'm positive is still adding to their CTE.

I'm just saying if you think Ronda should ban that judo throw then banning chair shots shouldn't be a thing for you either :side: but yeah as for Benoit I've never completely blamed the chair shots or really any singular thing bc it was probably all built up, but I do remember him taking some to the back of the head early on during his WWE career in 2000, could be wrong on that tho. But the fact is when his brain was analyzed they discovered it was literally equivalent to an 80 year old man with alzheimers and whether that was a hereditary thing made worse by other stuff or just caused by a combination of the headbutt, chair shots, and steroids, it still needed to evoke some sort of change in the business and I don't blame companies for banning the chair shots after it.

Reactions: Vegeta

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
But yeah I think everyone will agree Cody and Spears botched that chair shot and it ended up being worse than it should have...unless they just really want to be that edgy and Cody wants to sacrifice his brain for a headline lmao but with what we now know about CTE (which isn't enough unfortunately), I say be better safe than sorry bc there's still ways to entertain us as fans better than chair shots to the head...and if the science progresses enough later that we find out they aren't that bad and they come back then that's fine with me, but safety should be most important especially when it's still fairly easy to be entertaining and safe.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This match has been a ton of fun though, idk if I've just started tolerating the Bucks style more or what but it's growing on me I can't lie, maybe it's bc NXT has been doing it as well

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
These Luchas are ton af

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
This match has been a ton of fun though, idk if I've just started tolerating the Bucks style more or what but it's growing on me I can't lie, maybe it's bc NXT has been doing it as well

I have a love/hate thing with them, I like some of their stuff, but when they start doing a ton of Superkicks in a match it gets a little uh.

It's why me and my friend was shocked back at WK this year their match didn't have to many of them. Like we legit was about to have a superkick counter for the match and it didn't get to high.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'm just saying if you think Ronda should ban that judo throw then banning chair shots shouldn't be a thing for you either :side: but yeah as for Benoit I've never completely blamed the chair shots or really any singular thing bc it was probably all built up, but I do remember him taking some to the back of the head early on during his WWE career in 2000, could be wrong on that tho. But the fact is when his brain was analyzed they discovered it was literally equivalent to an 80 year old man with alzheimers and whether that was a hereditary thing made worse by other stuff or just caused by a combination of the headbutt, chair shots, and steroids, it still needed to evoke some sort of change in the business and I don't blame companies for banning the chair shots after it.
I don't know if I want to have this conversation here, but I've never entertained that conclusion holding much water. Benoit was still wrestling fully coordinated matches until the day before the events, and had the forethought to leave bibles by his kid and wife's bodies because he was fully aware of what he had done. Hence why he then killed himself. I'm just not fan of all this effort to alleviate a man of the burden of having done the heinous crimes he committed. Especially when chair shots are considered. I could easily name 20 people in the WWF alone that took nearly 20 times more chairs to their domes and they never killed anyone. Mick Foley especially.

You're really gonna bring that Ronda hold up a lot, aren't you? :side: It was just a badly positioned move that dumps a person practically right on their head. Which kinda proves my point anyway because that is a standard wrestling move that concussed a wrestler so it doesn't have to be a chair. Wrestling is a dangerous sport and as long as they allow all these other moves that impact the head and brain, banning chairs does almost nothing to prevent CTE. :p

To wrap this whole thing up, I don't beg WWE to bring back chair shots. So if they wanted to ban them, that's fine. But, what I'm saying is I'm not going to condemn AEW for not doing so. I just want them to do them right. Make sure your talent is protecting themselves.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
But yeah I think everyone will agree Cody and Spears botched that chair shot and it ended up being worse than it should have...unless they just really want to be that edgy and Cody wants to sacrifice his brain for a headline lmao but with what we now know about CTE (which isn't enough unfortunately), I say be better safe than sorry bc there's still ways to entertain us as fans better than chair shots to the head...and if the science progresses enough later that we find out they aren't that bad and they come back then that's fine with me, but safety should be most important especially when it's still fairly easy to be entertaining and safe.
Part of me skeptically thinks it was done on purpose. He turned his head to the side so I don't know what to think.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Rope hung 450 splash. :WOW

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
V-TRIGGER!!!!!!!!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't know if I want to have this conversation here, but I've never entertained that conclusion holding much water. Benoit was still wrestling fully coordinated matches until the day before the events, and had the forethought to leave bibles by his kid and wife's bodies because he was fully aware of what he had done. Hence why he then killed himself. I'm just not fan of all this effort to alleviate a man of the burden of having done the heinous crimes he committed. Especially when chair shots are considered. I could easily name 20 people in the WWF alone that took nearly 20 times more chairs to their domes and they never killed anyone. Mick Foley especially.

You're really gonna bring that Ronda hold up a lot, aren't you? :side: It was just a badly positioned move that dumps a person practically right on their head. Which kinda proves my point anyway because that is a standard wrestling move that concussed a wrestler so it doesn't have to be a chair. Wrestling is a dangerous sport and as long as they allow all these other moves that impact the head and brain, banning chairs does almost nothing to prevent CTE. :p

To wrap this whole thing up, I don't beg WWE to bring back chair shots. So if they wanted to ban them, that's fine. But, what I'm saying is I'm not going to condemn AEW for not doing so. I just want them to do them right. Make sure your talent is protecting themselves.

I still blame Benoit 100% for his actions so this isn't me trying to defend that but I mean he had brain issues regardless of what they were caused by...and I don't think acknowledging them defends him bc plenty of people have had similar brain issues and not killed their family but it makes me feel more comfortable knowing he didn't just snap and that there may have been a cause dude to his brain bc then it's possibly preventable

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Speaking of moves that impact the head, that Tiger Driver 98 looked brutal. Damn, son.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler