AEW Dynamite July 10, 2024 - Owen Hart Cup Tournament Finals

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
In fact was prob the least offensive Jericho shit in a while for my tastes. He actually wrestled n did something relatively interesting

Was he a wizard?

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah the HookBatJoe return gonna be worth it for the pop

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Bad News Booty said:
I’m more mad about Hanger and Mariah here tbh
Oh well I can't help u there. Mariah was always ending this way. Hangman does not need to fight swerve at all on, he can fight him any time. Danielson is retiring this year, ur not getting this chance ever again. Not much more to.it than that imo. There's lots of Hanger story to tell with a lot of ppl n this feud ain't over. Plus ur likely getting Hanger Okada at all in.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Hanger will be champ again too, I'm not one bit worried. I personally like them not giving us the obvious matches at all in

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
But hey I get it, short term it stings

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Oh well I can't help u there. Mariah was always ending this way. Hangman does not need to fight swerve at all on, he can fight him any time. Danielson is retiring this year, ur not getting this chance ever again. Not much more to.it than that imo. There's lots of Hanger story to tell with a lot of ppl n this feud ain't over. Plus ur likely getting Hanger Okada at all in.

I’ve gone over my feelings on both ad nauseaum in this thread. My feelings are my feelings.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Hanger will be champ again too, I'm not one bit worried. I personally like them not giving us the obvious matches at all in

Hate that they wasted his return and that promo mostly. He had real reason to have tunnel vision on swerve.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
And I’m not saying anyone did it on purpose but I’ve been watching wrestling for 4 decades, you don’t need to tell me how it works

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Bad News Booty said:
Hate that they wasted his return and that promo mostly. He had real reason to have tunnel vision on swerve.
i cant really say its wasted when the angle is still ongoing and he joined team elite at blood and guts right after swerve declared for team aew

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I am simply bringing logic and facts to the conversation, i have never told anyone to feel or not feel a certain way

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I think it's more I'm that case cuz Roddy is a perennial mid-carder to most so it's rare to see ppl invested in him to that degree
He’s been one of my favorites for a long time. He was the reason I got into ROH. I saw him on TNA and tuned into ROH when I learned him and Aries started there.

I was watching when Roddy beat Seth Rollins for the title and finally got to be the world champion and turned heel with Truth Martini. It was a great run.

And of course, I loved the Undisputed Era in NXT and while he joined after it formed, his chemistry with Cole and KOR was crazy good.

When he came to AEW I was looking forward to him getting a better run. I felt like that was finally happening when they spent almost 5 months building to the reveal of UK and even before that I was enjoying Roddy and OGK being thorns in Cole’s side. Despite not being in the original Kingdom, Roddy had immediate chemistry with OGK. So when Undisputed merged with Kingdom and it was the program with the world champion, I naturally assumed this faction that I already love and am invested in would be pushed well. And they were seemingly in January, but by May Tony lost interest.

I get that Cole is hurt and probably won’t be back this year, but I feel like there’s still plenty Roddy and OGK can do in AEW even without Cole. Especially if KOR comes back to the fold. Which ironically enough I’m on the opposite side of Booty on for the same reason he’s upset about Mariah. KOR and Roddy are just great friends and I don’t think they need to split up ever.

I didn’t think Roddy would have the belt super long, but I feel like another month or two would have been better and I felt Ospreay didn’t need it and I feel vindicated about that though considering he didn’t even defend the belt at the following PPV and was instead fighting for the world title. Roddy could have lost belt at that show.

That all being said, I get he’s a mid card guy. It was not just about him but seeing that Tony was losing interest in my favorite’s entire unit. OGK hadn’t been booked in AEW in months. I get that they’ll never be the Elite or BCC now, but at least book them in consistent mid card angles and matches moving forward and I’ll be happy.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
i cant really say its wasted when the angle is still ongoing and he joined team elite at blood and guts right after swerve declared for team aew

Fair enough but when he stated his goal was to take everything from Swerve it’s still seems like a consolation prize

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I won't disagree with your points that it's dissapointing that UK was a bust for many reasons. it sucks and there's not really any postive spin i can put there outside Roddy got his run at least

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Bad News Booty said:
Fair enough but when he stated his goal was to take everything from Swerve it’s still seems like a consolation prize
well Swerve is still champion and he can still do that. I hate to use this dreaded phrase, but I would say LET IT PLAY OUT