AEW Dynamite July 10, 2024 - Owen Hart Cup Tournament Finals

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I think when you’re building up a match for the first time, you can do it without a belt. Maybe the first rematch you can continue to build it without the belt. But they’ve had so many matches based on just their rivalry that I personally don’t really think I care about seeing it again if the story isn’t being elevated to go somewhere new, and that would be hangman, needing to take the belt away from him.

I also prefer title changes when there’s a good story there. I do like Danielson but him beating swerve wouldn’t give me the same satisfaction as seeing swerve do it. Swerve has been a downward trajectory since losing to Punk that culminated in a double turn with Swerve despite swerve doing some downright after things to hangman including breaking his spirit. It would just be full circle moment if hangman’s ascent back to the title and his spot on top is through the same man that broke him.
Seeing hangman, do it. Hangman’s been on a downward trajectory. Swerve did awful things to him.

This is one of the reasons why I hate having a chat and a thread because then it makes editing posts impossible lmao

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Tbh, that's kind of why I don't like they are doing Blood and Guts, cause I would say put them inside a cage, as that's something you could do that's different.

Tho, I could see Hanger beating Swerve in Blood and Guts, by pinning him in the match so Team Elite wins, which would do something. I 100% understand where you're coming from by the way, and I'm honestly just being bias here and wanting what I want out of it :lol cause I wanna see Bryan as champion before he's done lmao.

L3G4CY15

Reaction score
I completely forgot today was a Wednesday, I was really forward to this dynamite but I missed it live. I’m going to watch it soon.

• Haha

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I completely forgot today was a Wednesday, I was really forward to this dynamite but I missed it live. I’m going to watch it soon.
Well feel free to comment and post as you do, we welcome late discussion :cudi

L3G4CY15

Reaction score
I’m sure I will, I just don’t like to do it when no one else is around in chat or on here then I feel like I’m publicly talking to myself

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Don’t get me wrong I do want Daniel to be champion and if he wins, I would be very happy for it. I just don’t think there’s a story there yet I’m invested in. That makes me interested in that being their main event of the biggest show of the year. I’m sure they’re gonna create some thing, but I would prefer to go into the show of the year with a pre-built something to work with.

Swerve also just doesn’t feel like the champion that would make sense for Daniel to come in and end his rain. Is Danielson supposed to be the heel in this build or are we just doing a squeaky clean baby program like they just did with Will Ospreay? See what I think they should’ve did was had Danielson beat Samoa Joe. Their history would’ve made for a great program and Danny’s defeating the monster Joe would elicited him a great pop for his first title win. Then swerve while he’s still heel could’ve started a program with Danielson, turn baby face by the time he wins the belt like he did with Joe.

All in all, though, I would pop when Danielson wins the Belt because he deserves it.

I’m kinda with hoss though if Danielson does win the belt, I would have swerve win it back that way swerve’s second title run can potentially end with hangman.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I’m sure I will, I just don’t like to do it when no one else is around in chat or on here then I feel like I’m publicly talking to myself
Well even if I done watched it, any comments you make, I can add my thoughts to if that will help, cause I understand lol. I have a hard time doing that myself.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I’m not gonna lie I’m super disappointed Hanger didn’t go over. Wasted that perfect promo and amazing storyline. I’m soured as fuck on it.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I’m not gonna lie I’m super disappointed Hanger didn’t go over. Wasted that perfect promo and amazing storyline. I’m soured as fuck on it.
At least know you’re not alone. I’ve been fighting the good fight.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Don’t get me wrong I do want Daniel to be champion and if he wins, I would be very happy for it. I just don’t think there’s a story there yet I’m invested in. That makes me interested in that being their main event of the biggest show of the year. I’m sure they’re gonna create some thing, but I would prefer to go into the show of the year with a pre-built something to work with.

Swerve also just doesn’t feel like the champion that would make sense for Daniel to come in and end his rain. Is Danielson supposed to be the heel in this build or are we just doing a squeaky clean baby program like they just did with Will Ospreay? See what I think they should’ve did was had Danielson beat Samoa Joe. Their history would’ve made for a great program and Danny’s defeating the monster Joe would elicited him a great pop for his first title win. Then swerve while he’s still heel could’ve started a program with Danielson, turn baby face by the time he wins the belt like he did with Joe.

All in all, though, I would pop when Danielson wins the Belt because he deserves it.

I’m kinda with hoss though if Danielson does win the belt, I would have swerve win it back that way swerve’s second title run can potentially end with hangman.
I def understand your reasons and everything, like I said, I admit to just being bias as fuck here, and also my desire to not see them two fight again so soon also. We got 3 matches already out of it to close out and start the year, plus the 3 way match with Joe. :lol but I'm along for the ride like I am with the Toni Mariah stuff. I just hope in this case, I get what i want.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Also May turning pisses me off too

I did t get to watch but if Jericho beat Joe I’m gonna lose it

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
At least know you’re not alone. I’ve been fighting the good fight.

I had to miss the show tonight and reading the results doesn’t make me wanna watch

• Sad

L3G4CY15

Reaction score
Well even if I done watched it, any comments you make, I can add my thoughts to if that will help, cause I understand lol. I have a hard time doing that myself.
If you’re still on here when I get to watching it feel free to share your thoughts. Your thoughts are always welcome. I wish you’d write and post a BTB for my save

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Also May turning pisses me off too

I did t get to watch but if Jericho beat Joe I’m gonna lose it
Know I’m with you on the hangman thing, but not with you on the Mariah thing because that angle was one of the best turns I’ve probably ever seen. With women’s turns, I put it at number one potentially and non-gendered turns of all time… I don’t know I may be put in my top 10.

L3G4CY15

Reaction score
Know I’m with you on the hangman thing, but not with you on the Mariah thing because that angle was one of the best turns I’ve probably ever seen. With women’s turns, I put it at number one potentially and non-gendered turns of all time… I don’t know I may be put in my top 10.
I haven’t seen the show but I’m torn on the Hangman thing, because I agree with what everyone has been saying but also Bryan is about to retire so I’d like to see him at least win something before he goes. Tony kind of booked himself into a corner.