• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AEW Dark/Elevation update from Andrew Zarian

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
My point is when you talk about a guy like Komander who came in as a featured talent that the hardcores know from elsewhere, they show his record is 0-3 and we know it's against strong competition and he built his reputation elsewhere, but the guy who left his TV on TBS and is now suddenly seeing there's wrestling on, seeing this guy is winless against a wrestler with a winning record thinking "hah, he ain't shit"

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
If you're going to show that kind of thing at all the record needs to in some way reflect how seriously you take the person. If wins and losses matter you've got to be able to extrapolate how much they matter from wins and losses

Chris

Dreams are Endless
They gimmick that stuff anyway, the name plates rarely show overall record nowadays as opposed to stuff like "coming off win over x last week on Rampage" if someone is like 1-4 on TV matches but won a rampage match. Or they do the yearly record sometimes, sometimes they say "undefeated in last 5 matches" etc. Just random stats basically

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
I personally think its perfectly ok to start off as a winner on dark loser on dynamite. its worked out just fine for the acclaimed, jungle express and a few others. I know it's not always fun to not see some faves win on tv, but you do have to kind of go with the process and hope the cream rises to the top

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
I personally think its perfectly ok to start off as a winner on dark loser on dynamite. its worked out just fine for the acclaimed, jungle express and a few others. I know it's not always fun to not see some faves win on tv, but you do have to kind of go with the process and hope the cream rises to the top
That's my point though... without the "winner on Dark" part you're just a loser

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
That's my point though... without the "winner on Dark" part you're just a loser
yes, and that's also what differentiates them from the ppl who job on dark. there's a hierarchy to a roster, and so long as people that are eventually winning on dynamite, I feel like that is just the natural order of things is it not?

I can certainly appreciate a debate on a case by case basis if x wrestler should win more, but winners vs lower card yet jobber to the stars is not a new position in wrestling and it's a valued and necessary one to development and also making your stars look credible. You do also need your stars to beat other stars but that is another discussion too.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
yes, and that's also what differentiates them from the ppl who job on dark. there's a hierarchy to a roster, and so long as people that are eventually winning on dynamite, I feel like that is just the natural order of things is it not?

I can certainly appreciate a debate on a case by case basis if x wrestler should win more, but winners vs lower card yet jobber to the stars is not a new position in wrestling and it's a valued and necessary one to development and also making your stars look credible. You do also need your stars to beat other stars but that is another discussion too.

I think you're still missing what she's saying lol she's saying she liked the formula but without dark or elevation now those people will no longer get those wins so when they're on dynamite you can't point towards their winning record on YouTube to try and sell them if there's no YouTube matches

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I still think it's only temporary and the shows or at least a new show with the same concept as a C show will be in place within a couple months once this WBD stuff is finalized so not an issue really especially if the regulars get used on ROH tapings like the Wingmen, Serpentico, etc

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
I think you're still missing what she's saying lol she's saying she liked the formula but without dark or elevation now those people will no longer get those wins so when they're on dynamite you can't point towards their winning record on YouTube to try and sell them if there's no YouTube matches
Oh, well ig theyll just job on roh and rampage. They could also tape the house shows as a solution

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
I still think it's only temporary and the shows or at least a new show with the same concept as a C show will be in place within a couple months once this WBD stuff is finalized so not an issue really especially if the regulars get used on ROH tapings like the Wingmen, Serpentico, etc
Yeah same, n rampage will b the official c show as well

Roy Mustang

On wins and losses mattering that doesn't just mean numbers btw, that means the losses and wins having an impact on future stories. One of my pet pevee with WWE for years for example is it feeling like losses do not matter and nor do wins e.g people coming off losses and getting a title shot straight away or not even selling a loss