AEW Collision/WBD upfronts MegaThread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
My point is that Punk focuses on the wrong people when he gets mad and starts problems for himself
its true lol. though in this case I don't think anyone will give a fuck

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'd also argue that it's a lot easier for Punk to ignore dirt sheets than dirt sheets to ignore Punk lol he's a famous man making a lot of money and all he does is boost their views when he goes on his rants
I think expecting things that are easy for you to be easy for others isn't how the world works or how people work. I dunno why Im feeling so Punk defendy today lol, I guess for the bants too

edit: logic and emotion are not always in synch for everyone so easily is more what I am saying

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
its true lol. though in this case I don't think anyone will give a fuck

Until he starts blaming people in AEW for leaking something that Alvarez said he had no source on bc he was only speculating lol

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yes the issue is he didn't call out the dirt sheets he called out the Bucks for it lol
I’m aware but I’m not saying anything about the Bucks. You brought up the Bucks and then in my response to you I said I don’t know who it is or who it was but I don’t think we ever will. My original post was just saying dirts sometimes lie and I think it’s fine if you want to say maybe stop lying about me on your social media.

I wasn’t trying to bring this back to brawl out. Just th topic of dirts being sneaks sometimes. similar to when I defended Tony calling out lies on Twitter.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Until he starts blaming people in AEW for leaking something that Alvarez said he had no source on bc he was only speculating lol
yeah if he does that it will be bad lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I’m aware but I’m not saying anything about the Bucks. You brought up the Bucks and then in my response to you I said I don’t know who it is or who it was but I don’t think we ever will. My original post was just saying dirts sometimes lie and I think it’s fine if you want to say maybe stop lying about me on your social media.

I wasn’t trying to bring this back to brawl out. Just th topic of dirts being sneaks sometimes. similar to when I defended Tony calling out lies on Twitter.

I just want the man to actually call out the people lying instead of everyone else he's mad at

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Hangman didn't bring it up unprovoked Smark, it was a line in a promo that was taken that way that 99.9% of people, including all of us, missed until months later. I think that's another big misconceptions.
Considering Punk shot back at him over it, I don’t think this one has any misconceptions. Punk also shouldn’t have done it. Either way.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
for example, reckless speculation time @Hayterade - they could have easily went to guys like Stu who were unhappy with their tv time, maybe feeling a bit annoyed that Colt is missing from his group and Punk is taking up a lot of tv time now and hes vs a guy in your faction in Hangman. You ask a guy like that the right framed question and other lower guys similar questions and you can get a story.

im not saying this is what happened btw, just there's like a lot of scenarios where this was not some big conspiracy to smear Punk from the start. To me that's like the least plausible option in my Occam's Razor theory

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I just want the man to actually call out the people lying instead of everyone else he's mad at
Do you know for a fact Bryan hasn’t lied about him in any reports?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Do you know for a fact Bryan hasn’t lied about him in any reports?

Ever? No, but I know today he said he had no inside info whatsoever bc no one in AEW has talked about Punk for months and that these are just scenarios he can imagine and some where not even negative ones, one was that everything is fine. If people can't understand the difference between that and saying. "This is the reason he was removed from the press release" then I can't help them

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Considering Punk shot back at him over it, I don’t think this one has any misconceptions. Punk also shouldn’t have done it. Either way.
it's been said by quite a lot of ppl Hangman never had heat with Punk, he was trying to build a PPV and Punk took stuff the wrong way because Hangman wrongfully didnt get some of the shit cleared and it took him by surprise. it then didnt get dealt with properly, which reinforced Punk to think it was an intentional attack on his character. I really don't think Hanger is that guy, there's never every been any instances of that kind of thing ever happening at any time in his career.

Punk has been burnt by a lot of ppl and companies in his career, so I think he has trouble sometimes with the fact that not everyone is out to get him and have bad intentions. It's actually understandable and there's a lot of people in his life that probably actively wanted him to fail. I just think in this case, he was wrong, people in AEW really didn't want him to fail at all. And if some did, they weren't people who mattered imo.

thats my rant on that part of the drama at least. I don't even think anyone is a bad person here either, I genuinely think it was a dumb misunderstanding

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm pretty sure the Ace Steel rumors are what got Punk all wound up today anyway and that man's name was not mentioned once on Observer live

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
for example, reckless speculation time @Hayterade - they could have easily went to guys like Stu who were unhappy with their tv time, maybe feeling a bit annoyed that Colt is missing from his group and Punk is taking up a lot of tv time now and hes vs a guy in your faction in Hangman. You ask a guy like that the right framed question and other lower guys similar questions and you can get a story.

im not saying this is what happened btw, just there's like a lot of scenarios where this was not some big conspiracy to smear Punk from the start. To me that's like the least plausible option in my Occam's Razor theory
This would equally prove my point though if a dirt manipulated someone into saying something that they want him to say that’s still kind of a dishonest journalism. It also is sort of a leak. Again, I know you’re not saying this in fact what happened but if it did, that would kind of be poor on the dirt’s part.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
When Punk himself is out here taking admitted speculation as fact i just know there's no hope for the IWC to ever understand the different lmao

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
it's been said by quite a lot of ppl Hangman never had heat with Punk, he was trying to build a PPV and Punk took stuff the wrong way because Hangman wrongfully didnt get some of the shit cleared and it took him by surprise. it then didnt get dealt with properly, which reinforced Punk to think it was an intentional attack on his character. I really don't think Hanger is that guy, there's never every been any instances of that kind of thing ever happening at any time in his career.

Punk has been burnt by a lot of ppl and companies in his career, so I think he has trouble sometimes with the fact that not everyone is out to get him and have bad intentions. It's actually understandable and there's a lot of people in his life that probably actively wanted him to fail. I just think in this case, he was wrong, people in AEW really didn't want him to fail at all. And if some did, they weren't people who mattered imo.

thats my rant on that part of the drama at least. I don't even think anyone is a bad person here either, I genuinely think it was a dumb misunderstanding
I have zero desire to re-litigate Brawl Out stuff. The only thing I’ll say is probably not the best idea to use rumors Punk is very passionate about in a worked promo.