AEW Collision/WBD upfronts MegaThread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
and @Chris , let's be honest, a big portion of Alvarez's audience are people who thirst neg stories about Punk, WWE, whatever, it's been part of his appeal for a long time. I'm sure he might hate part of that but would you not say he kind of made his bed and now has to kind of lay in it?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
that's a bit reductive. If he was saying he just didn't like being a reporter overall but it pays the bills that is one thing. To selectively start "listen I hate to talk about it some more, but CM Punk..." I dunno, it feels insincere to me / I guess I don't believe him lol.
Boils down to the same thing imo. He's going to do what's required to keep the bills paid, whether it's his favorite thing or not. Fans would be unhappy or leave if he didn't touch on the most notable topics in wrestling. And I'm sure much of his dissatisfaction with talking Punk comes from knowing how certain people are going to react, including Punk. In that same situation, I wouldn't really want to talk about the shit either but I would, knowing that it's essentially my job and would affect my bottom line.

It can be annoying, while still being necessary and the benefits outweighing the cost.

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
and @Chris , let's be honest, a big portion of Alvarez's audience are people who thirst neg stories about Punk, WWE, whatever, it's been part of his appeal for a long time. I'm sure he might hate part of that but would you not say he kind of made his bed and now has to kind of lay in it?

I'd agree more in this specific instance if I felt like he was even remotely negative today lol in the past, yes though

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I guess lol I just don't see it that way bc it feels the same way we speculate on this stuff. Obviously we don't have the platform to be called out by Punk but I always lay out multiple scenarios I could see possible for shit like this, most of which cannot be true if another is
I think yea thats the difference, when you are affiliated with a media platform that reports news and have a bigger audience, it comes with more scrutiny. I dunno if it's fair or not, but I think that is unavoidable. I do think the meltzer company or wtv does a much worse job at covering their ass than Fightful for example as well.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
That said, I don't feel sorry for Punk or Alvarez. Their issues are mostly with each other and both have created this scenario for themselves, so they now they have to deal with it.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'd agree more in this specific instance if I felt like he was even remotely negative today lol in the past, yes though
which is totally fair, but you know how it goes with people, it's always a small drop that makes the entire bucket spill. It's never a big thing that sets this shit off almost ever.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
That said, I don't feel sorry for Punk or Alvarez. Their issues are mostly with each other and both have created this scenario for themselves, so they now they have to deal with it.
on this, we 100% agree my friend

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
and pst hey look...we're talking about Punk again. He gonna be mad at us

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yes and I've told you, that clearly came from fan speculation. Those dirt sheets are not ones with sources, they jump on any twitter rumors they can for clicks. I've never understood why you assume someone leaked it as opposed to them simply making it up
If they made it up, that’s still a dirt sheet lying on his name, correct? Which was my first post.

I only gave examples because you acted like no one was lying about him. And Colt wasn’t the only nonsense being reported about him. Stuff about him threatening to walk out and other stuff for months.

As for why I think it was leaked. Generally people don’t wildly make stuff up like that without it coming from somewhere and Hangman felt there was enough smoke there to bring it up unprovoked in a shoot promo live in the ring. I’m not even trying to blame anyone for it anymore, but I don’t buy it was pure coincidence.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'd also argue that it's a lot easier for Punk to ignore dirt sheets than dirt sheets to ignore Punk lol he's a famous man making a lot of money and all he does is boost their views when he goes on his rants

Reactions: Wiseman

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
If they made it up, that’s still a dirt sheet lying on his name, correct? Which was my first post.

I only gave examples because you acted like no one was lying about him. And Colt wasn’t the only nonsense being reported about him. Stuff about him threatening to walk out and other stuff for months.

As for why I think it was leaked. Generally people don’t wildly make stuff up like that without it coming from somewhere and Hangman felt there was enough smoke there to bring it up unprovoked in a shoot promo live in the ring. I’m not even trying to blame anyone for it anymore, but I don’t buy it was pure coincidence.

Yes the issue is he didn't call out the dirt sheets he called out the Bucks for it lol

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Do I think he could’ve gone about it better? Yes. What was said about him wasn’t even bad but still he’s still tired of seeing his name bandied about, which I don’t blame him.

I get why the dirt sheets mention it thought because it’ll get them clicks.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
My point is that Punk focuses on the wrong people when he gets mad and starts problems for himself

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Hangman didn't bring it up unprovoked Smark, it was a line in a promo that was taken that way that 99.9% of people, including all of us, missed until months later. I think that's another big misconceptions.

It was irresponsible and also very likely LEADING QUESTIONS by dirt sheets that caused all of this imo, and thenn ppl didnt talk to each other, they acted like a bunch of high schoolers instead.

"do you think or feel Punk being there could be a reason why Colt is no longer around" "yes" - Headline : Some wrestlers feel Punk might be the reason why Colt is no longer around.

see how easy that is? Then all dirt sheets have to do is hound any wrestler who is missused and willing to talk a bit of shit when frustrated and boom, u got a speculation story and take 0 responsibility. it happens it "real" media too, its nasty business