AEW All Out 2022 Media Scrum and fallout Megathread *DYNAMITE SPOILERS*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
In b4 punk was taken away in handcuffs by a cop that looks suspiciously like a local wrestler
punjcops.PNG
you are welcome

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Bobby Fish believes that CM Punk's martial arts-inspired offense is "insulting the audience's intelligence."

During an interview with NBC Sports Boston released on Friday, Fish discussed his match with Punk from the October 27, 2021 edition of Dynamite. The finish of the match saw Fish appear to kick-out of Punk's GTS just as the referee was counting three. Punk was declared the winner regardless.

"Phil is not a bad pro-wrestler but what Phil is not is a martial artist," Fish said. "I've been doing martial arts since I was eight years old, so I take a lot of pride in it."

"He is a pro-wrestler, so go out, tackle, drop down, leapfrog, get it again, all that stuff, all good. In that lane, dare I say, he's got talent but when it comes to martial arts, you are insulting the audience's intelligence because we are supposed to be creating an atmosphere where you can suspend your disbelief."

Fish continued to say that selling for Punk's more MMA-inspired offense was insulting to him.

"It's honestly insulting for you as one of my co-workers or peers. As a martial artist, you are asking me to go out and sell, put over, your bunk** martial arts which is insulting to the audience, it's insulting to me."

Fish continued to say that Punk was not happy with him after their match.

"Phil, after the match, was a c**t. Frankly, as a martial artist, I went out and I laid my shoulders down for you. You should be grateful that I did because on national TV if I decided that I wanted to f**king Haku your ass, I could have because you're that little bit of a threat in my world. I'm not Jon Jones, or Anderson Silva, but I've been doing martial arts since I was young and I can handle myself enough to where I will fold you like a wet nap, Phill Brooks. So, for you to be c**ty afterwards because of a mistake that you made, it just doesn't wear well."

Fish went on to criticize Punk for using the GTS as his finisher, a move that was first used by KENTA.

"Not to mention, the move that he finished me with, is not even his finish. It was KENTA's. You know, Phil, you took a man's finishing move, which anybody who knows pro-wrestling knows that's kind of f***ed up and you weren't even decent enough to change the name."

Fish was asked about Punk's comments at the All Out media scrum as well.

"I think Phil kind of showed the world the scumbag he can be. Maybe he's not that scumbag every day, but I guess we all got a little bit of scumbag in us and some of us do a better job at controlling it than others."

On his podcast earlier this week, Fish "invited" Punk to face him in a boxing, kickboxing, or MMA fight. He expanded on those thoughts during the interview with NBC Sports Boston.

"It's pretty apparent to people who are paying any attention, I don't like you, you don't like me, we can have a competition," Fish continued. "Let's make it a competition where I'm trying to hurt you, you're trying to hurt me. Not you going to the booker after a misunderstanding in our match that I put you over in, I sold your bunk** bulls**t martial arts for you, I did you that favor and then because of a misunderstanding you're going to act all c**ty. Meanwhile, we can just get in the ring or octagon or whatever and actually compete against each other, let's do it."

Earlier in the conversation, Fish discussed his departure from AEW and a possible return to WWE.

"Contract was coming up for potential renewal and we couldn't find common ground on the numbers that would be needed for both sides to be happen, so yeah, I'm a free agent," Fish said.

Fish was also asked about a possible return to WWE.

"I'm open to all options and offers at the moment. I do know that there have been quite a few people who have gone back through those doors [to WWE]," he continued.

"Working for Hunter, I know I enjoyed it. So, I'm just happy for the people that I know that remained and the then the people that have come back to work there, I'm happy that it's a good place to be again."

:heston

• Haha
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Can we start a Punk got him fired rumor for another conference meltdown?

Everyone already said thats why he wasn't renewed lol cause he took some shots at Punk right before

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Everyone already said thats why he wasn't renewed lol cause he took some shots at Punk right before
reports say they didnt have interest in pushing him solo or paying him what he wanted. which is likely true, but did Phil get in TK's ear to suggest those things? Seems like Fish is at least confirming Punk was mad at the GTS spot (whichj in THIS case, I would be like wtf too)

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Safe to say....Bobby Fish is no Punk fan.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Random question we cant answer logically but here I go anyways. With the rumors Punk and Hangman didn't see eye to eye even before "the promo line" Punk didn't like in their program, it has been now said (true or not) that Punk has been in TK's ear and criticizing some booking and pushes.

here's my question: Is it possible Hangman had his reign cut off at the knees with a lack of stories because Punk was sabotaging him and taking his heat away so he would get all the cheers? It's a wild theory with no real basis other than dirstsheets saying ppl in the comany said Punk been polotiking since he got there, but id be interested on the time lineline of : when did punk come in relation to Hangman winning the title and his reign

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy Mustang

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
And I ask this because a lot of ppl complained about Hangman's reign lacking substance

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
(and the punk feud was rushed)

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Random question we cant answer logically but here I go anyways. With the rumors Punk and Hangman didn't see eye to eye even before "the promo line" Punk didn't like in their program, it has been now said (true or not) that Punk has been in TK's ear and criticizing some booking and pushes.

here's my question: Is it possible Hangman had his reign cut off at the knees with a lack of stories because Punk was sabotaging him and taking his heat away so he would get all the cheers? It's a wild theory with no real basis other than dirstsheets saying ppl in the comany said Punk been polotiking since he got there, but id be interested on the time lineline of : when did punk come in relation to Hangman winning the title and his reign
Very good question, and I’m not sure I got an opinion on it, but I would really hope not. I’m trying to remember, didn’t they get along at first (much like he seemed to with the Bucks). Which could’ve been him trying to keep his name clear by saying “LOOK I LIKE THESE GUYS! Why would I do anything to hurt his push?” Which if so, as scummy as it is, is also smart (not saying it’s a good thing or I like it, but smart in the sense of doing anything you can to keep your name clean, even if you are being dirty)

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah Im not saying one way or another, but also often the people most paranoid and worried about people messing with their spot and spreading stuff about them...are guilty of doing it themselves, hence the paranoia

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Idk I feel like I'd have to agree Hangman's booking wasn't good to agree with that for one lol the only thing I'll agree is Punk was way hotter during 90% of Hangman's reign but he also feuded with MJF for almost the entirety of it which was an all time feud so it was gonna overshadow everything