AEW All In Backstage Altercation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
“Just cut the guy [Perry] loose. First of all, you’re talking about a thimble full of talent to begin with. He’s really only there because his dad [Luke Perry] was a soap opera star — that’s it. Otherwise, he’s making $200 a night on the indie circuit somewhere. This guy is not a star, he’ll never be a star. By virtue of the fact that he thinks using real glass is going to get him heat, [it] should tell you everything you need to know about his potential. He doesn’t understand the very fundamentals of the business.” Eric Bishcoff

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
yeah nah, you can like or dislike Perry but he is def a star. Just because he's not a main event talent today does not mean he is not valuable. furthermore, what he did is absolutely not a fireable offence with no priors. Get off your high horse Eric!

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
yeah nah, you can like or dislike Perry but he is def a star. Just because he's not a main event talent today does not mean he is not valuable. furthermore, what he did is absolutely not a fireable offence with no priors. Get off your high horse Eric!
I don't watch the product a lot, but I've heard of Jungle Boy (I don't recall seeing a full match of his) but I thought it was off base. I also find it funny when Goldberg busted out a window (real glass) and fucked up the tendons in his arm in WCW. That might have been unplanned though.

Reactions: Vegeta

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I don't watch the product a lot, but I've heard of Jungle Boy (I don't recall seeing a full match of his) but I thought it was off base. I also find it funny when Goldberg busted out a window (real glass) and fucked up the tendons in his arm in WCW. That might have been unplanned though.
thing is the real glass thing is also exaggerated. it wasnt real glass, it was windshield glass, which IS protected to a degree. there's been countless car window spots in aew and wwe and everywhere else. We saw the spot at All In, it wasn't like he went through a glass window from a door or house window. Seems apparent to me now that Punk was trying to make Jungle look like an idiot when it was just a common car window spot (imo)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

He was supposed to only break like the first window and he had a tire iron or something to use anyway, but he decided not only to use his hands but break more than just the first gimmicked window with it. He got really fucked up

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Goldberg is not a smart man

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
This just came to me recently. Am I the only one who thinks the just as big problem is Jack Perry breaking kayfabe live on PPV (Pre-show)? I mean when you tell the fans watching at home "that's real glass" you're in essence telling the crowd we use fake glass.

Using real glass over the safer stuff is a problem yes, but to willingly tell the crowd that we use fake glass but I'm not is a spit in the face to the rest of the locker room.

Also Jack Perry is hardly an essential piece for AEW. If he wasn't there it wouldn't be noticed.

Reactions: BSE

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
he's literally one of the four pillars. I think people need to pay more attention to how AEW have treated this guy, he absolutely is important to them and they clearly see value in him. People gotta take off their fan goggles (im not even a huge fan but AEW has been telling you he matters for a long time now).

on the kayfabe thing, yeah I don't care about breaking that, inside baseball has never bothered me and it's pretty common in this era or wrestling. I don't find that stuff serious or immersion breaking, because I don't take wrestling immersion seriously at all

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
hell I will even go further

If AEW dropped Jungle Boy today WWE would pick him up tomorrow. I'd guarantee it.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yeah. I’m not to big on Jack, but he’s definitely someone they see a lot in. One of the four pillars as they call them.

Honestly, just came to me, and something that would be cool to do in a few years time, like 3 years at the minimum. Have them all in a group together called The 4 Pillars. Find away to make it work, and then you have a good young stable. But that’s a few years off because I like what Max is doing, wanna see what Jack can do once this Hook feuds done, I want Sammy to have a good long solo run, and Darby is the only one right now who I’m not sure would fit into a group such as the one I mentioned. :lol But I’m sure in time they can work and tweak his character a bit where he would. But I don’t know. That’s why I said wait at least maybe 3 years. Possibly 2 could work, but I still say 3.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
hell I will even go further

If AEW dropped Jungle Boy today WWE would pick him up tomorrow. I'd guarantee it.

They certainly would.

Also lol for Bischoff who said he's only famous cause of his Dad 1. He tried to hide that for a bit didn't he? 2. His dad was good friends with David Arquette (even driving him to the hospital after the gage match) who did WCW make a champion... Not a dis on Arquette I liked the movie, didn't mind the run, and want him back even more after seeing his documentary. I just think it's funny Bischoff is trying to use it as a dis.

And the argument for safety sugar glass isn't really all the much safer and in wrestling probably even less so it's used in Hollywood because of how it breaks not how it's safe. If you use it on a car windshield dudes going to go threw the windshield.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Indeed.

Famous name yes but also very marketable look, young, gifted in the ring, handsome and over with crowds. Only time he got meh reaction was in the 4 way w mjf as he was outshined by mjf n Darby. He has 100% carried the hook feud on promos n segments. He has had great matches w legends like Christian and RVD.

I get he is no longer an internet darling, but I think ppl dismiss a lot of what he brings to a company. He's not the top guy material but 99% of wrestlers aren't either, doesn't meant they can't make u money.

Last edited:

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I forgot the context while watching so I just laughed thinking it's just him taking the piss out of people using fake stuff in stunts.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The New York Post asked Samoa Joe if reports regarding the incident have been accurate:

For the most part, I haven’t read what’s been portrayed. There’s been so much said. I’m not the one to go out there and try to debunk everything. I know we had the initial incident. Everybody rallied. Everybody got together. Got their heads together and lined up and got ready to do the show and we went out there and we did the show.
That really was the focus at that point in time. We got a massive show to do and we got fans out there rabid to see that happen. So it’s important that we step up and do it and it’s important that we did and I was proud to be a part of that.

Joe was also asked if the incident was intense as it sounded. In response, Joe said he "wasn't really affected" by the moment and was more focused on getting the show back on track:

That’s up to whoever perceived it. I’m used to that environment. Those things don’t seem very intense to me, but it could be something crazy intense to someone else. I wasn’t really affected by the moment. I was more focused on getting the show back on track and getting us going because it was bell time.