ACW Striking Distance Results

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Thats well and good for UWF. But I don't want to rp against just other staff which is what would happen if we took that approach. And that kind of approach makes for a bad staff anyway. Maybe instead of getting offended you should take a look at some things.

Vance will be a champ. Bronko will be a champ. Rippercussions are champs. John is returning to the main event. Avalanche is inline for the Hardcore. We had a discussion in this thread about a staffer putting over another staffer to much. BDC Pete and I are pretty guilty of this using our power to push ourselves.

The complaints aren't wrong we all need to tone it down. It's why John isn't going directly after the title in the coming month I'm not trying to be a dick and hog it. We can take a look at guys like kif slim andrew lewb (whose actually continually kinda got overlooked) Banks when he was around that Ryder guy who tried pretty hard. I'm not saying they deserve wins or focus but we've put all these guys at the bottom of the card did they all deserve it? I'm not sure. Either way I think it's time they got another look.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I mean if your really upset about this we could always post a blind pole and let them show what they really think of how we treat ourselves.

BDC

Reaction score
Thats well and good for UWF. But I don't want to rp against just other staff which is what would happen if we took that approach. And that kind of approach makes for a bad staff anyway. Maybe instead of getting offended you should take a look at some things.

Vance will be a champ. Bronko will be a champ. Rippercussions are champs. John is returning to the main event. Avalanche is inline for the Hardcore. We had a discussion in this thread about a staffer putting over another staffer to much. BDC Pete and I are pretty guilty of this using our power to push ourselves.

The complaints aren't wrong we all need to tone it down. It's why John isn't going directly after the title in the coming month I'm not trying to be a dick and hog it. We can take a look at guys like kif slim andrew lewb (whose actually continually kinda got overlooked) Banks when he was around that Ryder guy who tried pretty hard. I'm not saying they deserve wins or focus but we've put all these guys at the bottom of the card did they all deserve it? I'm not sure. Either way I think it's time they got another look.

!) Guilty of using power to push ourselves? Hmm. I seem to recall that we have FOUR members in the group and, IF anyone tried that, they would be vetoed out. It happens all the time. I make suggestions...they are accepted or vetoed. I just rp. I'm damn good. ANd the ACW did nothing but look down their noses at us when we walked in (mainly thanks to Andy). Almost like we didn't deserve the time of day. WELL? Did I earn that belt or did you give it to me? Cause if you guys used your power to give me something I don't deserve, you can have it back.

2) Not being a dick dude. Just playing the 'game'

3)TAKE ANOTHER LOOK? Ok, give them a damned match and see what happens. Give a damned midcard match out of nowhere, I don't care. Just sit back and watch the greatness. We TAKE ANOTHER LOOK by booking them and watching what they do. If they show up, we make them look great! If they don't, not so much. Have we done ANYTHING different than that? NO. Tell them we will give them ANOTHER LOOK. That's fine. That's what we do to everyone who walks in. But be careful not to dumbdown any momentum to wait and see. Always too afraid to move.

4) I don't intend to hog the limelight. HELL, my LWO has been consummate jobbers since day one. HELL, I'm the jobber king, ask Petey. I'm also a championship rper. I've done both....all for the good of the fed. ALWAYS. I intended to win the damned belt to prove I CAN on my OWN MERITS. Tell me anything different and I'll step down. After that, I may work hard to retain once...heck it can be a Adrenaline match. BUT I have no problem working matches, dropping belts and pushing new talent. I AM THE KING OF THAT.

One thing management in championship positions can do is make the other look better. WE don't make them look better by dumbing things down. We make them better by challenging them. IF these so called MEN don't step up to that kind of challenge. I will have a short reign and be on my way.

I believe in efedding. I believe in the ACW. I believe in the ability of each and every one of those guys. THEY have to rise to the occasion. NOT us drag assin around to make mediocrity look amazing...

[Sorry if I sound mad, I am a little. I just believe in looking at things in the right light and seeing what greatness we can get from these guys]

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'm not saying your going to hog it either. Came out wrong. And we can't make them great if we keep them at the bottom of the card. Hell when I brought in Avalanche it was to feud with Multiplex only Ryder gave up multi and gave it to pete so I was feuding with someone who doesn't need it. but we have a lot of guys stuck on the bottom of the card because we're at the top.

Not sure why you guys are so defensive of this I put myself in that boat with you. If three out of four are doing it we aren't going to notice it we aren't going to call each other on it. It's been brought to my attention so I'm calling us on it now. You guys are jumping the gun on the defensive thing I'm not saying we all drop title tomorrow I'm saying we need to be more aware of how people are being booked. You guys asked why people were quitting I found out and thats what I found out.

Last edited:

BDC

Reaction score
No prob...lets just set up Bronko's demise by Hunting grounds. I'll work with SYN and build a great feud and then drop to him. He's a great rper.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
No you'll drop when you've stopped earning it but it shouldn't be a huge shock since this has been said since you joined the damn efed.

BDC

Reaction score
OK< PRIME, we talked about doing an openeing where BRONKO opens the show and SYN comes out and TTs and McHenry comes out and makes the match for the night and has his say. I need to write that and PM it to MANON, right?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
If you want ManOn to cut a promo for the opener I'd ask him to write some stuff as if he were talking to you or work on it together that way it's in the words of his character. Thats what I would do.

The_King

Reaction score
^Exactly.
But also make sure to tell him that it's not a LEGIT title match. The match will count towards his record, but it's just a storyline title match. We're saving the real thing for Hunting Ground

Pete

Reaction score
OK, I get where you're coming from Prime.

BUT

- The reason they are where they are is lack of effort. Banks is on the up. Lewb dug himself out of the jobber hole. RRS...well you see where he is. Slim is rising. KIF is rising. ManOn? Title picture. Ben? Two title pictures. Derrick? Midcard. But people like Ryder, who give up a character, sign up another, and then disappear forever...do they deserve a shot? Just saying. And this isn't exclusive to ACW people either. When Shaun comes back, his spot will probably be gone, even though he's an amazing RPer. The difference is, he can TAKE IT BACK BY EFFORT. Which is what these other whiners don't do. Andrew whines, but then he drops ten lines and expects to win. Even Andy changed his tack, but not our Andrew, oooh no. Get what I'm saying? Learn from your mistakes, earn your push like everybody else, and quit accusing us of stuff.

- Likewise for feuds. Beedz knows I always offer newbies feuds as much as I can, to try and bring them up. I'd gladly fix matches and lie down to get newbies over. But we can never build a feud because once we start, two weeks later, the person is gone. Even when the feud isn't against us. That's why Jacqui-Raiden is THE ONLY feud going on at the moment. ONE FEUD. Think about it.

- My point is, company men like ManOn and Derrick should be, and are being, rewarded. The whiners can put up or shut up. Harsh? Maybe. But I'm done being Mr. Good GM. And that's what I meant about CWalker. CWalker isn't TTing with his Staff only. NOBODY leaves CWalker. He has ALL his RPers, and when he gives them a strike, they come grovelling back asking for another shot. Why? Because he lays down the law and doesn't care about hurting peopwe's feewings.

Beedz, I'm beginning to identify with Nick a little. Dangerous, right?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Can you stop comparing us to what we aren't?

We aren't UWF we aren't PWA we aren't CWA we aren't whatever the hell TWA was calling us when he ran the show. These comparisons aren't helping. We don't have the roster that UWF has, we scared half the roster into going there, TWA inability to lead and our falling in ability to realize what we had to do when we first started led us done this path.

You talk about Lewb working himself out of the jobber hole. And your right he isn't the best RPer but other then Man on and myself he is the only other ACW guy not to quit and I think he's missed less shows then everyone else. Yet I believe this was his first contenders match. So while people around him were no showing and quitting he remained at Jobber status the entire time. You know what else is even more impressive, he isn't even one of the people that sad anything. Too me it seems like we really been screwing him over in a way.

Now I think we have righted the ship and I think we're headed toward a correct path. But I brought that shit up because thats why we've lost some guys that and Andy and RRS blow ups from awhile back fortunately that seems to have calmed.

Now does anyone have recruitment ideas? Most of the guys I know no longer RP or you got Sam who is in like 9 feds and pays attention to two so he's pretty worthless as we've seen before.

Pete

Reaction score
^You forgot Derrick and Slim, but yeah, I agree. Time to start separating the wheat from the chaff. Hopefully we'll only need to be on the fringes of each title instead of holding them. And you're right about our flaws.

However, I think we should give ourselves some credit. Before we stabilized this Staff quartet, what we had was an inkling of a fed (one belt?) with some potential not being realized. We took that, waded through all the drama and bullshit and people quitting, and made what we have today, which is a solid fed with four divisions. So we should really see the good things we've done, too, not just the bad.

With that said, I don't really have any recruiting ideas. None of my friends who I know who RP are interested, sadly.

I totally agree about Lewb. And what's up with PY? Did he quit?

Let me just ask you something, Prime - and this isn't a gripe, it's an actual question. You said we need to be less prominent in the shows, and yet you brought back McHenry to the upper-mid-card? How will that help us be LESS visible? LOL. Again, not a complaint, just something that struck me earlier.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
^You forgot Derrick and Slim, but yeah, I agree. Time to start separating the wheat from the chaff. Hopefully we'll only need to be on the fringes of each title instead of holding them. And you're right about our flaws.

However, I think we should give ourselves some credit. Before we stabilized this Staff quartet, what we had was an inkling of a fed (one belt?) with some potential not being realized. We took that, waded through all the drama and bullshit and people quitting, and made what we have today, which is a solid fed with four divisions. So we should really see the good things we've done, too, not just the bad.

With that said, I don't really have any recruiting ideas. None of my friends who I know who RP are interested, sadly.

I totally agree about Lewb. And what's up with PY? Did he quit?

Let me just ask you something, Prime - and this isn't a gripe, it's an actual question. You said we need to be less prominent in the shows, and yet you brought back McHenry to the upper-mid-card? How will that help us be LESS visible? LOL. Again, not a complaint, just something that struck me earlier.

It doesn't but I realized that my taking mchenry out was unnecessary and he being back brings balance to avalanche he can also be used as a stepping stone for int guys to get to heavyweight he's only in the belt scene at the moment because of his storyline before he left Syn helping getting him fired and Bronko been talking shit for some time so dealing with them seems like something required to return. But after Hunting ground I plan to have him as more of a stepping stone unless as I said I earn the belt I'm not saying we should forbid ourselves from titles etc just be more aware of ignoring others

BDC

Reaction score
Ok, just had a 'Great' conversation with Slim and I've had it. I won't make a big stink or blow up on the fed like I did in creative last night, but I'm out. I will continue to rp, but I OBVIOUSLY shouldn't be in management.

Let's just see them whine after I leave management and still kick their collective butts! Sorry, really feeling my EGO being trampled on here. Sorry, I didn't write the matches right. SOrry, it's the only way I know how and I didn't think it was that bad. I'm apparently out of control. SO, as of now, I'm out. I told SLIM he should take my place although he probably won't. He's the most mature of the fed, but I vehemently disagree with his attitude toward me.

The only thing that is changing is that I'm not going to be discussion angles or pushes or anything and not writing matches AKA NOT MANAGEMENT. Slim can write mine or somebody.

Just announce that I had some family obligations that I had to put more time into and would rather sacrifice my place in management than stop rping. Cause it's true.

Peace out...see you in the Battle Zone

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
If that's what you feel then you should write whatever exit statement you'd like to make yourself. I know he was pissed cause you forgot his big surprise or did it wrong on whatever.