ACW PRESENTS: OVERDRIVE (MAY 6, 2012)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pete

Reaction score
EIGHT PAGES!? HOLY...!!!

Anyway, Wordn Count, she doth be-eth a bitch. None of that, please.

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
My RPs kind of write themselves, I don't want a restriction on them. It seems the flow of the RPs here corresponds with that as well.

Pete

Reaction score
Absolutely Lou, that's the way for me too. But my problem is the opposite - I tend to NOT reach the word count...LOL

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well being that looking and seeing how the RPs have been done here lately... adding a word limit seems kinda pointless as none of them have even been that long to warrant anything... and there has been NOBODY here to go up to 8 pages either so...

again... things are fine as they are. When there is a problem that arises with it... it will be addressed. Until then we can leave things as is.

Andy

Reaction score
Well being that looking and seeing how the RPs have been done here lately... adding a word limit seems kinda pointless as none of them have even been that long to warrant anything... and there has been NOBODY here to go up to 8 pages either so...

again... things are fine as they are. When there is a problem that arises with it... it will be addressed. Until then we can leave things as is.

So you're telling me I could win with a quality 5 words? 10 words? 50 words? 100 words? 200 words?

PY.

Reaction score
Meh, it really shouldn't matter on the length. If it's long, it has to keep the reader interested. If it's super short, you gotta make sure you hit all your spots. If not, either or could flip flop.

Pleaseeeeeeee don't add a word limit.. Those are just pointless and like I said, how many words shouldn't matter at all. If the RP's better then another one, that's how you win. Keeping three judges at all times works the best when it comes to judging because there will almost always be a winner.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
So you're telling me I could win with a quality 5 words? 10 words? 50 words? 100 words? 200 words?

If you can show me what a quality 5 word, 10 word, or whatever ridiculous small number you want to use for a RP... by all means do it.

But if you done being a smartass... shut up and do a damn RP.

Meh, it really shouldn't matter on the length. If it's long, it has to keep the reader interested. If it's super short, you gotta make sure you hit all your spots. If not, either or could flip flop.

Pleaseeeeeeee don't add a word limit.. Those are just pointless and like I said, how many words shouldn't matter at all. If the RP's better then another one, that's how you win. Keeping three judges at all times works the best when it comes to judging because there will almost always be a winner.

Which is precisely why we're keeping things as they are. Things are good and things work. Glad someone can see and understand that it isn't about length... but it is about engaging the reader.

Pete

Reaction score
^How I always do it.

But in the PWA I'd lose because we got one point for 250 words or more, two for 500 or more, and zero for less than 250. That, plus the fact that I could care less about relativity, often spelled the difference between victory and defeat. I literally lost matches by that one point derived from writing less than 500 words.

And Andy...please, no Fight Club OK? We discussed this. Stop trying to antagonise everybody.

Andy

Reaction score
^How I always do it.

But in the PWA I'd lose because we got one point for 250 words or more, two for 500 or more, and zero for less than 250. That, plus the fact that I could care less about relativity, often spelled the difference between victory and defeat. I literally lost matches by that one point derived from writing less than 500 words.

And Andy...please, no Fight Club OK? We discussed this. Stop trying to antagonise everybody.

Pete, I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible: Stop bitching about the goddamn word count. Relativity was your own fault. I'm not trying to anatagonize anyone. I'm just trying to show you logic. However, you all choose to be defensive for no reason whatsoever.

And Slim, you think calling someone a smartass and commanding them looks good as a staff member? Especially when I haven't said anything vulgar to you.

I just want to know why I can't have quality in that short of an rp and not be able to win? Especially if someone has a roleplay that is compleytely irrelevant to anything going on.

See where I'm going with that? It's biased.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Pete, I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible: Stop bitching about the goddamn word count. Relativity was your own fault. I'm not trying to anatagonize anyone. I'm just trying to show you logic. However, you all choose to be defensive for no reason whatsoever.

And Slim, you think calling someone a smartass and commanding them looks good as a staff member? Especially when I haven't said anything vulgar to you.

I just want to know why I can't have quality in that short of an rp and not be able to win? Especially if someone has a roleplay that is compleytely irrelevant to anything going on.

See where I'm going with that? It's biased.

Honestly when it comes to you I can careless. I'm not going to bite my tongue when it comes to you so shut up and listen.

Like I said... if you can post it... POST IT. If you can do it... then DO IT!. That's all there is to it. I never said that you COULD NOT have a quality RP with 5 words, 10 words, or whatever small number there is. I simply said to show me that it can be done. Instead you want to stand in here and cause a ruckus. So there is no bias being shown as you have NOT shown any RP at all. So you want to prove a point... prove the point. Otherwise shut up. And seriously... if this continues... I'll kick you out. I don't care if it is days before the show. One more crack out of you about this and you're out of here. You've been a pain in the ass ever since you have been here first on staff and now as an RPer refusing to do any sort of RP cause the RP cap was set at 1. I'm done. So no more. No more about a word count. No more about being biased when there is nothing presented to be biased about. No more of this crap from you.

NOW... if we can kindly keep this thread to talking about the PPV... that would be nice.

Pete

Reaction score
Never said relativity wasn't my fault. In fact I said it WAS my fault. Word count was just ridiculous though.

BDC

Reaction score
Finally got an rp down myself. Still have some stragglers out there! Less than a week, folks!

Andy

Reaction score
Well, guys, let's hold hands! I'm going to destroy Heath Venomous and that other dude! Yeah! You're going down! Yeah!

I know, I said that. And it never was.

And yes, I'm going to roleplay when I have the chance. I do, however, have a life that comes first. In any case, I never actually did anything, but shared my opinion and did so with logic. You just disagree. You have from day 1. I'm just trying to get things a little more organized so problems don't arise. And yeah, I never said you said I would lose with such a roleplay, but realistically speaking, anyone would. It's spam. However, newbies would be more inclined to write something that short. Should they lose for it? No. It's just about being cautious.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
We all have lives and we all still get stuff done... so just do what you were assigned. And your organization is... lets screw ACW and make this PWA lite so shut it.

You presented no logic. You just want to crap on everything here... so just do your shit and be done with it.

Andy

Reaction score
We all have lives and we all still get stuff done... so just do what you were assigned. And your organization is... lets screw ACW and make this PWA lite so shut it.

You presented no logic. You just want to crap on everything here... so just do your shit and be done with it.

What is with all of the vulgarity? How is 10-200 words vs. 500 words not logic? The latter will almost always win. If there's a set number of words per roleplay, not even for points, it presents both roleplayers with more of an equal chance to win. Not saying they will match with quality, but a longer roleplay has more of a chance of having more quality due to the fact that it generally has more content. I don't want to crap on anything.

And, dude, it's finals week. Take it easy. It's not like I don't have to write over 20 pages within the next three days and take 2 final exams.