ACW PRESENTS: OVERDRIVE (MAY 6, 2012)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Looks so win.

I'll RP tonight

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Ready to sitdown and do my next one but I want to see what Ben has up his sleeve.

MaNonTheMoon

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Mass Request: To the handlers of the following ACW Superstars/Characters (Drew Alexander, Christopher Flair, Phoenix, John McHenry) will it be alright if I use your characters in my RP? It will not be in a physical role for the most part, and more than likely the appearence may be a limited one.......ok, Phoenix's and McHenry might not be, but still, will it be alright?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'm good with it as long as my character doesn't do anything out of character, but I may not even be used so...

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Mass Request: To the handlers of the following ACW Superstars/Characters (Drew Alexander, Christopher Flair, Phoenix, John McHenry) will it be alright if I use your characters in my RP? It will not be in a physical role for the most part, and more than likely the appearence may be a limited one.......ok, Phoenix's and McHenry might not be, but still, will it be alright?

Sorry, normally I would but this time no.

BDC

Reaction score
Ok, I'm back from my grueling little trip and plan to get busy not only with the business of Staff stuff with Overdrive, but my rping as well. Hope to see tons more activitiy.

BTW...I wouldn't wait around for your opponent to rp. If you posted one rp of two and your opponent hasn't posted the first yet or the second, go ahead and fulfill your cap. There's no reason to wait around till the last minute. If you make your cap, nobody can pull any fast ones on ya! :)

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'm surprised nobody has RP'd yet in my match. I'll most likely do mine after RAW or later tonight.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Ok, I'm back from my grueling little trip and plan to get busy not only with the business of Staff stuff with Overdrive, but my rping as well. Hope to see tons more activitiy.

BTW...I wouldn't wait around for your opponent to rp. If you posted one rp of two and your opponent hasn't posted the first yet or the second, go ahead and fulfill your cap. There's no reason to wait around till the last minute. If you make your cap, nobody can pull any fast ones on ya! :)

Well they could theoretically write an 8 page quality rp which would just result in a devastating loss.

Andy

Reaction score
Well they could theoretically write an 8 page quality rp which would just result in a devastating loss.

Which is exactly why limitations should be implemented, as such things happened in XWF. LOL, I remember all of the 10/20K roleplays we'd see there, and Sean wrote a ton of them.

BDC

Reaction score
eight pages...wow...well, 8 pages or 500 words, it would have to be a dozey. lol. And, if that was the case, your competition just got the best of you. BTW, looking for quality and not quantity. You can meander thought many scenes and make NO point. I would like to see characters grow and storyline be the center piece. The one who drops a short story has no leg up with me compared to a quality 500 word rp. Just think about that. Sorta like the English teacher who isn't impressed with more or bigger words.

And, also BTW...nice belts, Andy! I likey!

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I've got no qualms with a word limit but don't think it should be too low. Forget the fed that it was in but me and this dude went from your typical rp up to rps that took 2 or three posts just to put it all out and thats a piece.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
eight pages...wow...well, 8 pages or 500 words, it would have to be a dozey. lol. And, if that was the case, your competition just got the best of you. BTW, looking for quality and not quantity.

My average rp now is near 1500 1750 so 500 is actually quite small. And I've heard the argument of quality vs quanity. But it could also turn out to be both and then you'd be screwed.

Andy

Reaction score
eight pages...wow...well, 8 pages or 500 words, it would have to be a dozey. lol. And, if that was the case, your competition just got the best of you. BTW, looking for quality and not quantity. You can meander thought many scenes and make NO point. I would like to see characters grow and storyline be the center piece. The one who drops a short story has no leg up with me compared to a quality 500 word rp. Just think about that. Sorta like the English teacher who isn't impressed with more or bigger words.

LOL, but people must be taught to make their quality roleplays concise. They teach you this principle in school too. lol. And thanks! If you want anything changed or have anymore requests, feel free to hit me up.

Andy

Reaction score

Exactly what I said. But if you give people limitations, instead of writing a long roleplay in order to win, versus someone's 500 word roleplay, a person could divide said roleplay into multiple quality roleplays. That way the extra writing doesn't go to waste, you don't have people no-showing matches, and you greatly reduce the chances of people posting their roleplays at the last minute after having worked on them all week long. Word count, regardless of how much people hate it, should always be in place.

BDC

Reaction score
I have to agree with more than one rp vs a 2000-5000 word rp. I like it to be self contained instead of two to four random thoughts running in circles. If you can do that in a HUGE rp, good for you. I'm gonna write what needs to be written, no matter how short or long.