ACW General Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
In a random update... Zasalamel was last spotted in a circus serving peanuts to an elephant.

Please carry on with your everyday activities. :D

Ben

Reaction score
I we allowed to have multiple characters. Reason why I ask is because I wanted to bring in a tag team in addition to what I'm currently doing with Snow.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Believe we're allowed to have two. But I'm not sure if that has changed I've been working another guy into my stuff to eventually have a second guy or tag partner.

BDC

Reaction score
lol...wondered about that guy! :thumbs:

YES! The limit is two and a tag is counted as one! AND we can use a few more tags. This PPV, a new title will debut. Next PPV, tags will take the forefront!

Ben

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info. I'll try to get a APP up for my tag team this week.

BDC

Reaction score
Awesome, Ben. That goes for any of you guys who thought about doing tags...you will be welcome

Ben

Reaction score
On a unrelated note I think after the next show we should clean up the section a bit.

*Make Sure The Roster Section Is Up To Date and All Inactives Are Gone
* Dump the ACW Interactive Section/ Doesn't seem to be used.
* Write Up Some New Rules

Just things I see off the top of my head that could use some attention.

BDC

Reaction score
I've been trying to delete the inactives.

I wanted the interactive to work, but I'm not sure.

Will probably be working on the rules.

The_King

Reaction score
Yeah, just to harken on Ben's suggestion. I'd suggest:
-A clear set of rules that establishes content that is allowed in RPs/if chains are acceptable/if you need permission to use other's characters/etc
-A defined rating system so that the RPer knows what the raters are looking for
-Allowing each RPer to post their own bio, so that they can edit it whenever they want and control their character as they advance.
-Have a roster page/title rankings/divisions that clearly identifies which user controls which character and people's current standings in the fed.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I'll go on ahead and answer one of those things... ALWAYS ask permission before you use someone else's character. Ask that person. And yeah I'ma include Phoenix in that too cause she is my character that I've developed for the past 6 years. So it'd be nice to be asked before she just gets handed around like a whore :p But yeah permission MUST be asked before using somebody else's character. We'll think of what will happen if you do use someone else's character without permission. I already have something in mind.

As far as a defined ratings system to know what we as the raters want? No. That's not what this is about. This is about each and every person here. You write for your enjoyment and for the enjoyment of EVERYBODY that reads what you write. If you try to skim everything down to exactly what we are looking for... where is the fun in that? Plus that can get very boring as there will be a ton of stuff that will wind up looking exactly the same. Write to your enjoyment, write to others enjoyment. Pretty much... keep it entertaining and you have a good chance at winning. Make it so dull and boring that it takes two days to read... and yes I've had to grade promos like that before... and you probably won't get that win.

We're trying to keep things loose, interactive, and fun. All the while trying to maintain order and make sure things don't go overboard. But we will be looking to clean up things in the next upcoming weeks. More than likely by the end of the PPV... we will be trimming off some fat so we'll be lean and in shape for the next show.

So let's have some fun here folks.

ITS SHOWTIME!

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'll go on ahead and answer one of those things... ALWAYS ask permission before you use someone else's character. Ask that person. And yeah I'ma include Phoenix in that too cause she is my character that I've developed for the past 6 years. So it'd be nice to be asked before she just gets handed around like a whore :p But yeah permission MUST be asked before using somebody else's character. We'll think of what will happen if you do use someone else's character without permission. I already have something in mind.

Thats RPing 101

As far as ratings don't think their needed but it's nice to know what you guys will count against. Like Bully didn't like me not mentioning a match so I'd lose that match hence my 8 losses. King is big on Grammar. It's nice to have loose guidelines but everyone should keep in mind that sometimes a loss has to be given to a guy that had the better RP just for storyline sake.

Just my thoughts.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I'll speak for myself as I can't answer for anybody else.

When it comes to grading.

1. Spelling. Spelling is huge. If you have a couple of words spelled wrong here and there... no big. But if it is littered... yeah I'm going to count heavily against you. Mainly because there are programs out there that do spell check and if you can't do a spell check... yes some characters do use a draw with their talk and that is understandable. But for the most part... watch the spelling.

2. Creativity. Its good to see in ring promos. Good to see out of ring promos. But don't just make every single promo... *person walks down to ring, grabs mic, I'm going to kick your ass and this is why... end promo.* that gets boring. I wanna know what the character is doing. What the character is thinking. How the character behaves. I wanna know who you are and what you are about and if all you do is say... I'm going to kick your ass... then that isn't helping. Wanna get inside your character's head. Let's see their place of dwelling, their past, anything.

3. Grammar/Presentation. Not huge on that but it does count. Like don't have a run on sentence that goes on forever and ever and ever without a punctuation mark anywhere until three lines later. Punctuation helps a lot whether it is to end it with a statement. WITH FORCE! Or to ask a question. But with a lack... everything runs together. And by presentation I mean... don't have some huge block of text that is like 30 freakin lines long and then a new 30 line block of text. That is such a chore to read it will probably be skimmed. And yeah I'm being completely honest with all of you here... if I see a big block of text... I'ma skim it.

4. Fluidity. And that translates into a natural flow of conversation. Don't sound robotic with your talk when you start talking about one thing and then the next paragraph is something completely different. I mean it should sound like a person is actually talking and not robotic. That sorta adds to the realism.

And that's all I can think of off of the top of my head for the moment. But yeah. That's the kind of stuff I look for. Spelling is important because I don't want to sit there trying to decipher what the hell someone is trying to say and can't figure it out becus they tiped lik tis. Creativity keeps things fresh, new, fun for everyone reading, grammar/presentation makes things easy on the eyes for all reading and makes it easy to follow, and fluidity so it sounds and reads natural.

WOO WOO WOO

The_King

Reaction score
Slim, that little write up of what you're looking for is exactly what is needed! It just gives us an idea what to shoot for but doesn't impede the fun of RPing at all. An official, typed up guide similar to that would be great!

As far as it being RPing101, I agree, but that assumes the people RPing have RPed before. If someone joins and has never RPed, they won't know these obvious things because they're not the rules. Adding stuff like this to the rules can only make things more clear!

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
everything will be overhauled soon. We're still ironing out things.

Status
Not open for further replies.