Above You Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That sounds like a no win, lol.

The Flash

Reaction score
There's a 2 on 1 battle like every other fight in Story mode. I've been stuck on Sub-Zero/Reptile, every time i get close, one of them does that X-Ray thing and drains my power down. Not to mention that Smoke fucking sucks and i'm stuck with him since i'm on his portion of the story :no:

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Smoke sucks? Ok, he doesn't have many specials but his teleport punch works 95% of the time and he has a disappearing move that can nullify any attack in the entire game and leave the victim open for a combo.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Used to like using Smoke back in the old MK games. Probably will still like using him.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Should know that there's no cyborg Smoke in this game, he's fully human. That's the way I prefer it anyway. Robots in this game are Cyrax, Sektor, and there's a seperate character slot for a Cyber Sub Zero. Of course he's got a human character as well.

Smoke's cool, but I'm mostly using Scorpion, and as my main character, Kratos, which I'm sure comes as no surprise.

The Flash

Reaction score
I like using Noob Saibot, He's pretty much been my favorite going back to MK : Trilogy. Best part is that i never lose to Shao Khan when i use him.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Wasn't a fan of the machine smoke anyways so that is cool. Is the maskless version of Sub Zero in the game?

The Flash

Reaction score
I don't think it is unless its a DLC. Speaking of which, i have like 2 DLC cards that came with the game, wish i could use them but gotta wait til PSN gets back up :no:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I bet it won't be up till Monday at this rate to be honest which sucks.

The Flash

Reaction score
The strange thing was that yesterday even though it was down. It prompted me for an update on one of my games and went through the full download, then when i tried to get online so i could update my trophies, it told me i was disconnected. Really sucks, i was wanting to buy DLC for Marvel vs Capcom 3...

Reid

Reaction score
I'm glad i don't get that with Xbox live. Most of the time i have Live problems it's with the game itself instead of Live.

Kylie

Reaction score
Hey guys. :)

I like using Noob Saibot, He's pretty much been my favorite going back to MK : Trilogy. Best part is that i never lose to Shao Khan when i use him.

That is exactly something my little brother would say....except he can't beat Shao Khan lol. I have MK Trilogy at home and he plays as him constantly. :p

The Flash

Reaction score
Beating Khan is very easy on trilogy (with Noob atleast). Just constantly shoot the black cloud thing that he does at Khan, It disables all of Khan's moves for a short time and while he's disabled, just stand there and punch the hell out of him. It's funny cause i can't defeat him with anyone else, I've tried Motaro, Kintaro, Scorpion, Sub Zero and Noob is the only one i'm effective with. Then when i played the new MK yesterday, I kept losing to Khan in Ladder mode, So i just said, what the hell i'll choose Noob for old time's sake. Well i find a move that looks alot like Edge's spear and just kept using it and Khan could'nt touch me :D

Speaking of which, i think that WWE was an influence on this game. So far, i've seen Piledrivers, Spears and Punts to the skull :lol: