A lot of praise for AJ Lee

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
AJ has that perfect bland of being decent in the ring (and given her age will just get better) and also being good on the mic with a more natural and engaging look, she fills that Mickie James void quite nicely. She has played her role to perfection in the love trangle saga and it has been a good story. AJ has been presented as a strong, funny yet complex character who is able to out smart the boys and play mind games in a fashion most women wrestlers are not allowed to and it has been unprictable.

The problem is now as shown last night it is getting a bit old now, they either need to resolve it at the ppv or take it in a different direction.

So lets look at the options for Sunday. I have thought for awhile now that she will end up with neither Punk or Bryan. I think we are going to see moments in the match when she seems to favour both, but I predict that at the end of the night she will be with neither and I hope she leaves with no one althrough I still have a lingering feeling than a partnership with Kane could still be on the cards. A guy like Kane would fit better with AJ than either Punk or Bryan long term. Another possiliblity which some of you might think is dumb is that she actually calls the match completely down the middle and does a good job as guest ref. My thinking is that it would be a novel twist which no one is expecting, it again would make it hard to figure which she is likely to end up with and you can still have certain moments which tease the fans into thinking she might favour someone but then doesn't.

Following this I think the Ladies Division can be built around a feud between her and Khama that would be something.

Mr. Krueger

Reaction score
When was the last time you saw a diva being made the Guest referee of a main event match? (If it wasn't Vickie, I don't think even that has happened in a main event).

This shows the faith WWE are putting in AJ as they realize the awesomeness she brings to TV. Even if she is not a talented in ring performer (which she is btw, did you see that shining wizard?!) she can work as a very good addition to the feud. Adding her to Punk/Bryan has taken it to a WHOLE new level.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
When was the last time you saw a diva being made the Guest referee of a main event match? (If it wasn't Vickie, I don't think even that has happened in a main event).

This shows the faith WWE are putting in AJ as they realize the awesomeness she brings to TV. Even if she is not a talented in ring performer (which she is btw, did you see that shining wizard?!) she can work as a very good addition to the feud. Adding her to Punk/Bryan has taken it to a WHOLE new level.

Lita back in 2006 but i don't think it's ever happen on a PPV. EDIT Steph did it during HHH/Angle feud from 2002 but that wasn't for the title.

Mr. Krueger

Reaction score
^Yeah, I meant a PPV main event.

Exactly my point! They didn't consider anyone for the last ten years to involve in a top storyline because they didn't have faith on the drawing ability of a diva in a feud where she is not even wrestling! That's how much AJ has built herself on.

Reaction score
I agree with all of you. It has been a long time since the WWE has had a lot of faith in a woman to have her main event the pay per view in any way. I remember when Lita and Trish Stratus main-evented Raw in 2004 and when Lita and Stephanie main-evented Raw back in 2001. Lita vs Steph was especially special because The Rock was the guest referee and Triple H and Kurt Angle were at ring side. It was so nice to see how much the WWE believed in these women. We haven't seen this since Lita and Trish left the company. I suppose the WWE did not have as much faith in any of the women for a while but to see them believe in AJ makes me very happy. I have always been a fun in women's wrestling and it was difficult to see it die for a while.

As for this Sunday, I hope she doesn't end up with neither Punk or Bryan as well. She has the potential to be successful on her own. I wouldn't mind seeing her paired with Kane though as others have mentioned.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I can also see AJ being a good manager for a heel stamble maybe of other top female wrestlers (if WWE ever sign enough lol) one day, but that should be far off as I think she should focus on her wrestling career after this current storyline ends. If these Kong rumours are true then AJ will become even more important to the ladies division.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I love her character at the moment AJ is one of the main reasons that I watch Raw other then Kane, Brian and Punk though and I guess Cena but only to see if he gets his ass handed to him by somebody.

She's cute and she has this crazy sexy girl thing going on in my view just the way she acts its great she is a great actress and is the only Diva at the moment getting a constant reaction from the crowd right now.

Lewb

Reaction score
She impressed me in the tag match last night. So she's adding more strings to her bow. I probably will be cringing at the wedding though.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah I am starting to worry that they have run out of good ideas for her characters, this wedding thing is so cheap. Its like they are on a roll with a complex female character and they have to go the easy route. Even if it turns out to be her tricky Bryan I am still not sure if it would be worth it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
What did you want for her character next? Bryan has nothing going for him at the moment. And that would give AJ shit to do as well, if she started feuding with Eve no one would care about her anymore.

This wedding is just more character development for her. Simple as that.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I don't know it is not my job to write for her but IMO it is lame and does really fit with the nature of the storyline so far, but we will see where it goes from here.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The one thing about this storyline is that I think it's suffered from the time that it's happened in the year. With SummerSlam coming up and them wanting to put their top guys in the top spots and the NOC following that where it's just a clusterfuck of guys thrown together, I feel as though the storyline was hindered and probably ended prematurely because of it.

I honestly believe that if the next PPV was something like Over The Limit or No Way Out where this feud could have carried on and not been interfered with because of gimmick PPV's or whatever, I honestly reckon that AJ would have turned on Punk and cost him the title.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I don't think so only cause I don't think they want her to be face nor heel hence why she hasn't just been one sided or had a actual motive.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Thing is with the way these things normally pan out I can't see the wedding going ahead. If it does go ahead and this is WWE's way of turning Bryan concluding the storyline then it is a pretty cheap way to do it and not really believeable.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't know what werstling storyline and believeability have to do with a wedding in a ring.

It's like someone having a celebration or a contract signing. You know shits going down, you know if someone has a cake someones getting it in the face.

It's pretty obvious it's just to further something between AJ and Bryan and give them something to do for atleast another few PPVs. I would just have them actually get married and have Bryan be an asshole throughout the entire ceremony telling the guy doing the ceremony to hurry up and all that. AJ becomes Bryans "Macho Man-ish" obsession like he was with Elizabeth until AJ finally gets fed up with his shit and boots him in the balls for the giant pop.

Seems like some shit that could kill a few months for both of them and still keep them a focal point of the shows.