A Good Day to Die Hard: Mafia with a Vengeance [Game Thread]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I’ve seen survivors lynched or killed after day 2.

Like I’m being dead serious when I say I can only think of maybe two survivors winning off the top of my head.
But just think of it objectively lol. You don’t even have to play well to win. Doesn’t matter one bit how the game is going, doesn’t matter if you’re catching scum because you don’t have to care who wins at all. Literally all you have to do is not make yourself look super scummy and it’s an EZ win. That’s it. It’s why I don’t think survivors should have anything to claim. They can choose between claiming survivor or vt, depending on game state. If you’ve got a zero vt game then sure, you can give them something token and inconsequential to claim. They shouldn’t be duelist, BP, investigation immune, PGO (yes I’ve been a PGO survivor. I’ve been a bp survivor. Both where the easiest wins of my entire life)

the duelist is just bad here because it wasn’t just a survivor, it was also a traitor. Town already had an execute and a bomb and then other pretty powerful roles. A hated townie is essentially an extra kill for scum as well lol. Then they could’ve used the redirect to kill some one off of cp

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
My role kinda fucked me over since I had nothing to really claim.
Ascetic??? Commuter???
If you claim ascetic and then Jeff flips then you’re obviously not mafia because he essentially made people ascetic lol. Easy

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
But just think of it objectively lol. You don’t even have to play well to win. Doesn’t matter one bit how the game is going, doesn’t matter if you’re catching scum because you don’t have to care who wins at all. Literally all you have to do is not make yourself look super scummy and it’s an EZ win. That’s it. It’s why I don’t think survivors should have anything to claim. They can choose between claiming survivor or vt, depending on game state. If you’ve got a zero vt game then sure, you can give them something token and inconsequential to claim. They shouldn’t be duelist, BP, investigation immune, PGO (yes I’ve been a PGO survivor. I’ve been a bp survivor. Both where the easiest wins of my entire life)

the duelist is just bad here because it wasn’t just a survivor, it was also a traitor. Town already had an execute and a bomb and then other pretty powerful roles. A hated townie is essentially an extra kill for scum as well lol. Then they could’ve used the redirect to kill some one off of cp
Not really. I think survivors are fucked because they need to play extra towny to not be lynched, and most of the time town want to lynch them, anyway, and if they play too well scum won't want to let them win with them. I've had mafia teams where their last play was killing the survivor.

Town also had a bodyguard, a bus driver, a PGO, a bp vig, a cop, a sk cop, a tracker, a census that outs roles, etc. Town was stacked, too.

Also, a bomb diffuser. That was a funny lynch, btw.

For the record, the duelist is also a heavy negative utility to scum because they can also lose their duels. So I figured not that bad, but that said, she was also a lover so if you guys killed Fourth she also would have died that way. I tried to hamper this extra role as well as I could.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Ascetic??? Commuter???
If you claim ascetic and then Jeff flips then you’re obviously not mafia because he essentially made people ascetic lol. Easy
I probably would have suggested it, but he didn't even ask until he had already claimed.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I think commuter was the other safe role we had left but I went VT over that
i still think that was a better decision, commuter stinks and i think might even get u lynched with a town bus driver in play too. i didnt account for doddsy blowing you up lmao

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
if you have to claim on day 1 as sk ur pretty fucked no matter what anyways. been there. it sucks lol

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
i still think that was a better decision, commuter stinks and i think might even get u lynched with a town bus driver in play too. i didnt account for doddsy blowing you up lmao

Doddsy is a great player, I always underrate him. He's very smart when it comes to roles and how to use to them, and that usage was fantastic with only one claimed VT out there, we never even thought of it. That's when I doubted we'd come back from it.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Good chance Doddsy doesn't ask about commuters. He probably assumed one vt, let me check.

He would have gotten 1 back had junk already become a good, though. I wasn't checking for the t part, just the vanilla and goons are vanilla.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
if you have to claim on day 1 as sk ur pretty fucked no matter what anyways. been there. it sucks lol

One thing I do like about being SK/Indy is there is less pressure imo, if you lose it's on you and you alone. So I kinda like that aspect. I had fun playing it in Barry's game.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Good chance Doddsy doesn't ask about commuters. He probably assumed one vt, let me check.

He would have gotten 1 back had junk already become a good, though. I wasn't checking for the t part, just the vanilla and goons are vanilla.
yeah for sure. i more meant in general commuters often dont get to live unless they heavily town read cuz its a sketchy role. especially with a claimed driver too but yeah, vs doddsy's role it would have been better.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
One thing I do like about being SK/Indy is there is less pressure imo, if you lose it's on you and you alone. So I kinda like that aspect. I had fun playing it in Barry's game.
good point , i should adopt that mindset next time :WOW

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
yeah for sure. i more meant in general commuters often dont get to live unless they heavily town read cuz its a sketchy role. especially with a claimed driver too but yeah, vs doddsy's role it would have been better.

Poyser claiming his BP also not good for Chris lol

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I’m the same. I hate disappointing my scum team.

As a SK, it’s just me.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Anyways, I really appreciate the game Smark. It was good to finally get the opportunity after so many years, and us like always missing each other on WF because I stopped playing Mafia a lot. Always enjoyed your effort with flavour, and I love your GIF vote counts. I've learned to enjoy it on WS again, I'm really grateful.

See you in the next one lovelies. :loveislouder