A Diva Royal Rumble?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
I dont know if anyone really cares about the divas, but a big problem with the Divas in my mind is that we dont really know any of them and none of them are used regularily enough and they arent different enough to really get any fans. (Seriously, who IS Layla? What is her deal?)

Anyways, I think having a DivasRumble on the Royal Rumble card for the Divas title every year would go a long way to giving Divas exposure and a steady angle. A Diva rumble shouldnt last that long, since there are only 12 Divas on the roster not including Lillian Garcia, Eve and the Funkasaurus' Funkettes. The site doesnt list Kharma for some reason, but she IS still under contract. 12 doesnt seem like enough for a Rumble/Battle royal style match? Well then, there are 9 Divas in the FCW that they could throw in to beef up the numbers, that would make for 21 Divas. Not to mention their penchant for bringing in legends and they'd probably through in the funkettes, eve and lillian. So 25+legends and it's basically a Royal Rumble. They could also bring in the local indy girls like they've done with crowd plants.

Thoughts?

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It shouldn't be in a legit Rumble but a Battle Royal is fine. Divas have had some decent ones over the last few years. Maybe, I'm just remembering a lot of skin, though. So you put 10 names in one at the Rumble PPV and completely leave off the Diva's title. It fills the void and now they have a legit reason to push for a real Diva's title match at Wrestlemania. There is just too much other stuff for a big PPV like this for it to overshadow everything besides the actual Rumble match so that is why I'd only have it at 10. A lot of Divas like you said are irrelevant anyways. No reason to add more just for the sake of having more.

So for one I'm actually behind something like this to do with the Divas if it follows a simple format.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Hmm this is very intriguing to say the least. I wouldn't mind seeing this if WWE had TNA's talent pool of female wrestlers but I think most of the divas would be fairly horrible at it. I'm not sure about giving them at least 30 minutes of PPV time to do it either. It's a good idea in theory but it will probably be botched as hell. I also don't see how it will give them more individuality but I do like the idea if it doesn't interfere too much with the other matches on the card. Maybe 20 minutes or so.

Sugarhill

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a rumble if there was a nice lead up to it. Since the reason for the rumble is because we don't know or care about the Divas, then give us a little time to know and care about them before the rumble.

Jay

Reaction score
Only if the Rumble PPV were to become longer in time. We barely get like 5 matches as it is, why waste presious PPV time with a Divas RUmble/

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'd be for it if they had more divas I mean you'd start with four so that leaves 8 to come in you could never have the ring cleared and have that epic moment between two people at least not with any time that it'd deserve.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Ehh, there are other ways to bring importance back to the Divas title and division without giving them WWE's most unique novelty. The Divas will never really need a RR or HITC (a ladder or cage match every couple of years or something would be alright).

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Would be horrible. There's only 2 legit workers in the E and that's Nattie and Beth, obviously Kharma too but she's barely ever been on TV.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Would be boring as WWE only have a couple legit workers/contenders. I don't see divas like Kelly who can't work coming out on top. Noone cares for the divas and I do not want to see this.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not really too keen on the idea. It would be a complete mess if they tried to replicate the normal Rumble format. They would need to reduce the time in between entrants and need to cut the number from 30 to 15 at an absolute maximum. Can't see it ever being attempted, Battle Royales are fine for the Divas since it hides the weaknesses of most of the divas.

KAMALA

Reaction score
I think an actual Royal Rumble featuring the divas could be quite fun as long as it is not an all out 30 woman royal rumble. If it was quicker and on a smaller scale it could be entertaining. Maybe 10 divas with one minute between entrants?