9/11 Ten Years On

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The ten year anniversary for 9/11 is in a couple of days time. One of the worst terror attacks of all time and unfortunately I read that there are plans for more attacks on the anniversary. Worryingly the FBI are saying that they have credible but unconfirmed information that there is a planned attack on New York on 9/11 this year using car/truck bombs and that they are investigating three men who recently entered the country. It is horrible, but not unexpected, that Al-Qaeda are planning something for this anniversary but hopefully it can be prevented this time.

I am sure we all remember what we were doing when we first heard about this terror attack. I remember it was a school day and my parents woke me up earlier than normal so I could join them in watching the news and seeing what happened. At school that day all anyone would talk about was the attacks.

Do you remember where you were when these attacks happened?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
It was around 10.45pm Australian time, I was in my first year of High School. I had gone to bed around 10.30 and the phone rang. My parents were shocked thinking it was a family emergency (They woke me up and I answered the phone) it was my brother telling me to turn on the TV. We turned it on only to see the 2nd plane crash into the towers, we stayed up all night watching because it was just far too unbelievable.

Went to school absolutely dead tired as the whole school spoke about it, we didn't even do any class work. We just watched the news all day and held a minute silence for those who died.

Purple PuNk

Reaction score
Still pissed my birthday is sandwiched between an asinine holiday (Labour Day) and this over hyped steroid abused day of Patriotism.

Dademo

Reaction score
I used to live in Brooklyn so when the attacks happened I was there. I was walking to school and I heard a boom but thought it was construction on the new library where I live. I got to school but my neighbor grabbed me at school and told me to go home and I remember being afraid I was going to get in trouble but left anyway because I was excited to not be at school, school started like a week before that I think.

Anyways I went home and my mom was watching the tv sort of confused. My dad was a cop in the city but he was off that day luckily. I remember my neighbors and my brother were on the roof watching the tower burn. I remember my mom didn't want me to go up there but I went up with my dad anyways. We saw another plane coming and didn't think anything of it until it went over the Verrazano bridge. We saw it hit the south tower and it was weird because the speed of sound made us hear the impact like 5 seconds after it actually happened.

After the first tower collapsed I was scared so I went inside. That's the most I really remember, weird and terrible day though, my friends dad was a firefighter and he unfortunately died that day, and my neighbor was supposed to go to work that day in the towers but woke up late because of Monday Night football. He said Monday Night football saved his life haha. So that's where I was and my story in a nutshell.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Never forget. Was in Spanish Class when it was announced over our PA system. Was a Freshman in High School. We had TV's on in the Commons the rest of the day to watch between classes.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I was doing a computer class at the time, and found out about it that night on the news, and was very shocked, it a lot of time to sink in. I guess maybe at the time being young and living in England maybe it didn't sink in, and life went on as normal, but I did see the reaction of other people, and as time went along and it has been documented it hit me.

I have a friend in New York and I guess stuff like the rumours does make you think. Anyway the BBC have had some interesting programmes on TV and radio in the run up, and I also watched the Path to 9/11 drama which I thought was very powerful and thought provoking.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I was in history class early in the morning as the first plane had just crashed into the building as I walked in. I said what the fuck are those helicopters thinking where's the military. My teacher asked me why and I said I saw two targets minutes later I was right.