8 vs 121

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Better World Champ?

• Kurt Angle

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Jack Brisco

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Kurt Angle
kurt-angle-793102.jpg

Kurt Angle won the WWE title from the Rock on October 22nd 2000 at No Mercy. He lost the title back on February 25th 2001 at No Way Out. He won the WCW title from Booker T on the July 26th 2001 Smackdown. He lost the title back on the July 30th 2001 Raw. He won his 2nd WWE title from Steve Austin on September 23rd 2001 at Unforgiven. He lost the title back on the October 8th 2001 Raw. He won his third WWE title from The Big Show on December 15th 2002 at Armageddon. He lost the title to Brock Lesnar on March 30th 2003 at Wrestlemania. He won it back on July 27th 2003 at Vengeance in a Triple Threat Match also involving the Big Show. He lost it back to Lesnar on the September 18th 2003 Smackdown in a 60 Minute Iron Man Match. He won the World Title on the January 13th 2006 Smackdown in a Battle Royal. He lost the title Rey Mysterio in a triple threat match also involving Randy Orton on April 2nd 2007 at Wrestlemania. He won the Inaugural TNA title in a King of The Mountain Match against Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Christian Cage, and Chris Harris on June 17th 2007 at Slammiversary. He lost the title to Sting on October 14th 2007 at Bound For Glory. He won the title back from Sting on the October 25th 2007 Impact. He lost the title to Samoa Joe on April 13th 2008 at Lockdown. He won his third TNA Title from Mick Foley in a King of The Mountain Match also including AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and Jeff Jarrett on June 21st 2009 at Slammiversary. He lost the title to AJ Styles on September 20th 2009 at No Surrender. He won his fourth TNA title from Sting on August 7th 2011 at Hardcore Justice. He lost the title to James Storm on the October 20th 2011 Impact.

Jack Brisco
brisco_jack.jpg

Jack Brisco won the NWA title from Harley Race on July 20th 1973 in Houston, TX. He lost the title to Giant Baba on December 2nd 1974 in Kagoshima, Japan. He won it back on December 9th 1974 in Toyohashi, Japan. He lost it to Terry Funk on December 10th 1975 in Miami, FL.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Why you doing this to me? Loved both of them, but the Briscos will always be one of my favorites. And Jack is one of the best in the world.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
It's Kurt but Jack was an amazing Wrestler. Two of the greatest Amateur Wrestlers in the History of amateur wrestling. Would love to have seen this match.

TheZig

Reaction score
Brisco was a great technician but i have to go with Angle in a overall perspective.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I simply just have much more familiarity with Angle than Jack in terms of how their title runs were and such.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
This is sad. Brisco was an innovator. One of the first great technical wrestlers. In my opinion, if it wasn't for the likes of Brisco, Angle wouldn't have been so over.

6timehitta

Reaction score
Brisco is the reason Angle thrived, so Angle should send Brisco a Xmas card cause I'm sure Brisco could advance in any other match against any other guy.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Crazy Kurt Angle gets my vote. He had a lot of good title reigns and was a good champion.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
This is sad. Brisco was an innovator. One of the first great technical wrestlers. In my opinion, if it wasn't for the likes of Brisco, Angle wouldn't have been so over.

You confuse me cause you always talk about how you never knew any sorta wrestling beyond the attitude era and yet you're going on about Brisco?

Anyways Angle gets my vote.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
You confuse me cause you always talk about how you never knew any sorta wrestling beyond the attitude era and yet you're going on about Brisco?

Anyways Angle gets my vote.

Not all, but I did watch some classics, and a lot of those included the Brisco Brothers. And they became one of my favorites.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Okay now its starting to make sense. Cause you just came off as one of those Attitude era kids and all you knew was Attitude era wrestlers and beyond and stuff from before, classic stuff from before you knew nothing about. But hey... its all good.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Okay now its starting to make sense. Cause you just came off as one of those Attitude era kids and all you knew was Attitude era wrestlers and beyond and stuff from before, classic stuff from before you knew nothing about. But hey... its all good.

I can see why you think that. My Video collection is not so great, so I haven't seen much of the older stuff, but I was able to see a lot more classic NWA stuff, then classic WWE stuff.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'd have to go Kurt Angle here.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Angle is the GOAT in the ring and his mic skills and entertainment value was a thousand times higher than Brisco. Angle.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah this is a tough one. Angle is one of the best of this era and Briscoe was one of the best of his era. But just because he is such a round packenge and has put so many people over and had classic match after classic match, Kurt get my vote and he is another I expect to make the top five.