250K Pennies Make For Unique Flooring

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
PITTSBURGH —It took a Garfield woman hundreds of hours and hundreds of thousands of pennies to create a unique flooring.

"My floor is made out of about 250,000 pennies," said Mel Angst, who was looking for a creative way to tile the floor of Artisan, a tattoo gallery and coffee place on Penn Avenue.

Angst said the cost of materials is just $2,500. "Amazingly enough, it's a lot cheaper to glue money to your floor than to actually buy tile. It's about $3 a square foot," she said.

Angst said the people at a bank where she got the pennies thought it was "the weirdest request they've ever gotten."

She had to find the right adhesive, and some dedicated workers who she recruited on Facebook to trade work for tattoo credit.

"Some days it was just me," she said. "I think the most we ever was 7, but on average, (we have) 3 or 4 people a day for about 10 to 16 hours a day for about three weeks straight, gluing these down."

"People are just shocked that we did it because it took about 300 man hours, which was crazy."

There's only two feet of pennies left to be put down, then the 800-square feet of President Abraham Lincoln's profile will be finished.

"We told everybody who put in more than 30 hours gets a penny tattoo, so we're going to get a penny tattoo when it's all said and done," Angst said.

Here's a few pictures of the unique floor

17240411044601236_tKFXpIUY_c.jpg

126100858286979877_lrUBwOux_c.jpg

44402746296281359_Jm306GIx_c.jpg

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That has actually turned out better than I expected, pretty cool effect in the end although I wouldn't want that on my floor. Can't believe that she found people to do this on Facebook and paid them with tatoo credit. I expected her to have done it with family and friends.

Ryan

Reaction score
That actually looks really cool. Good conversation piece. Maybe people will start putting pennies up on their ceilings instead of paying $25,000 for a proper copper ceiling.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Good luck getting them all back up and cleaned when you decide to move or sell the property :hm:

Ryan

Reaction score
I mean, they must have sealed them somehow otherwise they're going to tarnish and start to look like crap. I assume at the very least they're very cold to walk on.