2016 NFL offseason thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
QB- Derek Carr
HB- Latavius Murray/Round 3-4 rookie
FB- Marcell Reece
WR- Amari Cooper
WR- Crabtree
Slot- Seth Roberts
TE- Clive Walford
LT- Donald Penn
LG- Gabe Jackson
C- Rodney Hudson
RG- Kelechi Osemele
RT- Austin Howard/Menalik Watson (loljk)/Possible draft pick competition

DE- Mario Edwards, Jr.
DT- Justin Ellis/possibly R2 pick (would love Chris Jones.. we need an interior disruptor)
DT- Dan Williams
DE- MACK
OLB- Irvin
MLB- ??? Ben Heeney?? trash. Possibly Ragland if he falls but his red flag seems super red
OLB- Malcolm Smith
CB- Sean Smith
CB- Amerson
S- Reggie Nelson
S- Karl Joseph

suddenly our secondary looks nasty. Once we get our MLB situation figured out this D is filth

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Every year I watch this thread, and nothing changes. Packers = playoffs, good for us.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Out in the second round again, nothing changes. :tough:

if Stanley is a 10 year starter at tackle nobody will remember this

The news that Ozzie was trying so hard to move up to 4 to grab Jalen Ramsey, but Dallas wouldn't budge even though they EASILY could have snagged Zeke at 6 frustrates me much more than just taking a different tackle

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Aids Johnson

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Roto just put out a day 2 mock where we take Devontae Booker and Chris Jones. would love

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Mackenzie Alexander to Baltimore hype train is rolling baby

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I heard Clemson coaches hated the kid. Not a great sign

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I heard Clemson coaches hated the kid. Not a great sign

"Alexander's confidence may border on cockiness at times, but that also seems to feed his competitive fire."
-From his scouting report
That made me a bit apprehensive when I read it as well but I have faith in our coaching staff, Harbaugh especially, and our vets on defense to help and sort of refine his fiery demeanor to a point where it's not detrimental to the team or himself. Josh Norman is similarly intense on the field, just for precedent.
Do you remember where you saw that report? The most I could find as far as a coach's remarks is that he's a "film junkie"

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
rotoworld

"Numerous" sources tell TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline that Clemson CB Mackensie Alexander is "a very difficult person to deal with off the field."

"He was difficult at Clemson, and some of his coaches are giving Alexander less than rave reviews to NFL teams - and I'm being kind," Pauline wrote. "This is something originally brought to my attention during Clemson's pro day on March 10, and something I took with a grain of salt. But since last Friday, I've spoken with multiple sources, and it seems Alexander's off-the-field personality has been spoken about at length in war rooms around the league." In Pauline's estimation, Alexander possesses the very best ball skills in this entire class. So where does this leave Alexander's draft stock? That much is unknown, but this is how Pauline sees the situation: "If he starts to drop deep into Round 1, or even out of the first frame altogether, it'll be due to his off-the-field persona."

britishheel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
beermoney
Favorite Wrestler
chrissabin
Who looks the most promising from the draft? I don't really follow NFL that much but it still interests me.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
rotoworld

"Numerous" sources tell TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline that Clemson CB Mackensie Alexander is "a very difficult person to deal with off the field."

"He was difficult at Clemson, and some of his coaches are giving Alexander less than rave reviews to NFL teams - and I'm being kind," Pauline wrote. "This is something originally brought to my attention during Clemson's pro day on March 10, and something I took with a grain of salt. But since last Friday, I've spoken with multiple sources, and it seems Alexander's off-the-field personality has been spoken about at length in war rooms around the league." In Pauline's estimation, Alexander possesses the very best ball skills in this entire class. So where does this leave Alexander's draft stock? That much is unknown, but this is how Pauline sees the situation: "If he starts to drop deep into Round 1, or even out of the first frame altogether, it'll be due to his off-the-field persona."
Well we didn't grab him in the end, but I hope the kid can get over that shit for the sake of his career.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Who looks the most promising from the draft? I don't really follow NFL that much but it still interests me.
I really like Ezekiel Elliot to the Cowboys. The kid is an absolute stud, and with that amazing O-line, he's primed to start his career with a bang. Grouped with Tony Romo and Dez Bryant, that offense could be really scary.

Another situation that's worth watching is the Jaguars' draft haul. They snatched up Jalen Ramsey, the best defensive back in the draft with their first pick, and then turned around and picked up Myles Jack, arguably the best linebacker in the draft with their 2nd round pick. Jack fell down the board due to concerns about his previously injured knee, but if his knee is legitimately healthy, then the Jags scored two of the top 5 players in the draft without making a single trade. They took Yannick Ngakoue out of Maryland in the 3rd round and while he's not considered an elite prospect to many, I've watched the kid play and he's one hell of a pass rusher. In a year or 2, this defense could be INSANE scary.

britishheel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
beermoney
Favorite Wrestler
chrissabin
I really like Ezekiel Elliot to the Cowboys. The kid is an absolute stud, and with that amazing O-line, he's primed to start his career with a bang. Grouped with Tony Romo and Dez Bryant, that offense could be really scary.

Another situation that's worth watching is the Jaguars' draft haul. They snatched up Jalen Ramsey, the best defensive back in the draft with their first pick, and then turned around and picked up Myles Jack, arguably the best linebacker in the draft with their 2nd round pick. Jack fell down the board due to concerns about his previously injured knee, but if his knee is legitimately healthy, then the Jags scored two of the top 5 players in the draft without making a single trade. They took Yannick Ngakoue out of Maryland in the 3rd round and while he's not considered an elite prospect to many, I've watched the kid play and he's one hell of a pass rusher. In a year or 2, this defense could be INSANE scary.

I heard things about the Jaguars and how they're overhauling, I even seen some comments from people tipping them to go far this year or at least win more and come closer to the big boys.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'm no expert and know so little about these day 2/3 guys, but the Jaguars went from top-5 picks every year to the clear favorites in the AFC South this offseason, I'd call them pretty big winners.

Chicago's group of Floyd/Whitehair/Bullard stands out as being really nice too

Miami of course since this Tunsil thing is ludicrous. Oh, an NFL draft prospect smokes weed? No way. Impossible. Plus he was in that hotel with Nkemdiche. "Butbutbut he's a risk! Red flags!" lol. Bet the NFL knows about this stuff with several other prospects, this one just has video. Too soon for a Ray Rice joke?

Can we have a Hard Knocks for a Hackenberg/Geno Smith QB Battle?

I love the Eagles and Cowboys' philosophy. Cowboys can control the ball for 40 minutes with the NFL's best run game, just keep the defense off the field... Better to be the best at something that average at everything... Bradford's good enough to keep the Eagles away from getting an actually viable QB, so take the chance at a potential franchise QB while you can. Many of us don't like Wentz but he's worth the gamble

I can't wait for 30 for 30: Sam Bradford, where he talks about being involved with 50 interesting storylines throughout the NFL the last few years and gets talked about so often despite such an unremarkable career on the field

The only 2 picks in the 1st round I thought were really bad were Conklin and the guard from Stanford... Of course the guard was the Niners being this Niners, but D'Z you mentioned how he's a career RT... That's an outdated principle. Teams covet 2 awesome pass rushers, one on each side, and it's especially important when RT gets to block JJ Watt twice a year... And in the AFC West where Ingram, Mack, Houston, and Miller all line up against RT, so if Conklin isn't good enough to handle the blind side, then they spent a top-10 pick on a guard again. Yay

If I was Denver, I'd have traded up for Lynch, but grabbed a QB in round 3 and another in r4. Maybe even a 4th one. One of these dudes has to pan out lol. Colts could even use all their picks on linemen and it would make sense, that OL is scary bad.

Mostly it's just "our team addressed a need, cool"

So from what I see Stanley has the most upside of any tackle, but is soft and "isn't passionate about football", which I've got all the faith in Harbaugh for that. Correa is a high-effort kid at OLB, sweet!

there's your snowglobe of opinions and stuff

Reactions: britishheel