2016 NFL offseason thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jeremy

The Showoff
Reaction score
Normally I'd want the Eagles to try and sign Norman but after their failed CB signings the past few years I'm not so sure.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Norman is an aging, overrated zone CB with attitude problems. He isn't some 1 on 1 shutdown man to man CB like the media wants you to believe.

Reactions: Snowman1

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Had to be a reason we never heard of him before 2015
I've seen 3 minute vids of him missing jams at the LOS. No idea why people think he is good on an island. Myth

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I hate this league too. Love this game. Lol. Free Brady

D'Z, Eagles won the trade with the Browns. :tough:

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
As a Dolphins fan I have to say that I'd rather have Brady playing, I haven't looked at the schedule yet so no clue when our 2 games against NE take place but I don't want people saying the only reason Miami wins the division this year is because Brady was out numerous games.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Here's how I see the top 14 shaking out... I don't care beyond that frankly.

1.) Los Angeles Rams- Goff
2.) Philadelphia Eagles- Wentz
3.) San Diego Chargers- Tunsil
4.) Dallas Cowboys- Elliot
5.) Jacksonville Jaguars- Ramsey
6.) Baltimore Ravens- Bosa
7.) San Fransisco 49ers- Buckner
8.) Cleveland Browns- Jack
9.) Tampa Bay Bucs- Hargreaves
10.) New York Giants- Stanely
11.) Chicago Bears- Lawson
12.) New Orleans Saints- Treadwell
13.) Miami Dolphins- Floyd
14.) Oakland Raiders

This would be a pretty bad way for the top 13 picks to unfold IMO. Top 2 is obvious. Chargers will take the best player on their board be it Tunsil, Stanley or Ramsey. Zeke is either going to Dallas, Cleveland or Miami methinks. Ravens do backflips if Bosa falls. Jags snagging Ramsey would be ideal for them. 49ers reportedly love Buckner. Jack to Cleveland just makes sense to me, could also see them taking Floyd. Tampa is a tough pick to project, but they need CB help. Giants OL could be nice if they solidify LT. Bears pick is a tough one, Lawson fits in well I think. Saints could use another playmaker for Brees' last hoorah. Dolphins edge rushers are old and Floyd could be a steal at 13.

Raiders board IF this is somehow how thinks played out:

Sheldon Rankins- interior disruptor we lack to compliment all of our edge rushers like Mack/Irvin/Smith/Edwards
Taylor Decker- hulking offensive tackle that could make a really good line really great. Spend his rookie year getting his feet wet at RT before replacing Penn at LT next season
Karl Joseph- one of my favorite prospects. Great ball skills and a thumper at FS. Size issues and coming off a knee injury... our ideal play might be to trade down a few spots get an extra pick or two and aim for Joseph at 20-22.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I can't really reply, which sucks as I love chatting draft but get too anal-ytical but...

-Don't be surprised if Vernon Hargreaves, Ronnie Stanley, or even Myles Jack is available at 14. Hargreaves is small and doesn't fit many of the zone teams picking ahead of you, and Jack apparently is not the highest priority on most top 10 teams. He's liked a lot, sure, but feels like a consolation

-I'd be shocked if the Fins stay at 13. Either Zeke or Eli Apple are really loved in South Beach

-I'd love to see the Ravens trade up from the 2nd for a corner before all the teams ahead of us get a chance. Should be someone great available there. Otherwise it's very, very hard for Baltimore to come off badly here

Raiders shouldn't trade down, you'll fall into something good tonight. Just don't take William Jackson. Ha ha.

Nick

Reaction score
G-Men need a good draft this year, hopefully some OL depth or on defense. We've got an easy schedule, so if we can get the right team together we'll have a good shot at getting back into the playoffs.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Cowboys "Struggling" with "Zeke decision"

anyone else think this is Jerruh vs the rest of the organization again?

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
A pot smoking, injury prone, dishonest O-Lineman... great pick Miami.

All we can do is hope he grows up sooner rather than later. If not it was a completely wasted draft pick.

Here's to hoping he doesn't do a Manziel.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
A pot smoking, injury prone, dishonest O-Lineman... great pick Miami.

All we can do is hope he grows up sooner rather than later. If not it was a completely wasted draft pick.

Here's to hoping he doesn't do a Manziel.
You should be thankful you got an elite talent at 13 because some asshole hacked his phone and posted a video to sabotage his draft stock. Manziel had a million reg flags. This Tunsil shit is all typical NFL GMs being NFL GMs. Ravens will regret taking Stanley over him. Titans will damn sure regret trading up to take fucking Conklin the career RT over Tunsil.

Picks I liked:

Bosa to SD
Zeke to DAL
Ramsey to JAX
Tunsil to MIA
Joseph to OAK wooooooo
Lawon to BUF

picks I was like huh:

Stanley/Conklin over the gas mask bandit
Eli Apple at 10 to NYG lmao. Bad.
Colts taking a C in R1 lmao
49ers trade up for a Guard