2015 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Seems like a bullshit suspension, but what else is new from the NFL.

IMO he should be able to pay back game checks from when he sat out last year and just use that as "time served"

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Tannenhill goes from Mike Wallace, Hartline and Gibby to Greg Jennings, Kenny Stills and Jarvis Landry.. Seems like basically the same type of WRs in both pairings, not sure if the Dolphins benefited or lost out on this transition.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Tannenhill goes from Mike Wallace, Hartline and Gibby to Greg Jennings, Kenny Stills and Jarvis Landry.. Seems like basically the same type of WRs in both pairings, not sure if the Dolphins benefited or lost out on this transition.

We'll be picking up a big target in the draft to complement the current receiving corps, plus don't forget we picked up Jordan Cameron who is a rather large target. So, overall, I believe the receiving corp has been upgraded.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
10991401_10153243606446100_675951553661695657_n.jpg

Eagles sign Jamarcus Russell to 10 Yr / 100 Mil Deal..

Not really, just a joke about those College Peakers they have at QB already.

• Haha
Reactions: Just Kevin

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'd say Wallace is the best WR of that bunch pretty comfortably, but Tanne was unable to utilize his skills with his weak arm. Stills may be the same case. Jennings and Hartline are comparable as well as you said, but Jennings is a little better I would say.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
You wouldn't get him in the last round though. Inevitably some moron in your league is going to reach for him when the name value at WR dries up. Classic case of name value > production value. You'll have to overdraft him to get him, and you don't want to do that.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
First round picks are incredibly valuable. You get (theoretically) a top talent on a super cheap contract for at least 5 seasons.

Adrian Peterson is being paid like not only the top RB in the league, but by a WIDE margin. He is due to make around 14 million per season for the next 3 seasons.

So you are trading a cheap, valuable asset in a first round pick for a player who you are paying for his career production rather than the production you can realistically expect from Peterson once he gets to your team. You pay him 14 million because in 2012 he played like a 14 million dollar back. Would you get that same back in 2015? I say not very likely.

He has 2,200 career NFL touches. I realize Peterson is a freak, but it is inevitable he is going to be slowing down now that he is on the wrong side of 30

Peterson also has a long list of injuries he has battled throughout his career. I can only speculate, but that won't be getting better with age, likely worse.

Now, factor in the fact that he missed nearly all of last season. Not even talking about off-field issues, simply pointing out that missing an ENTIRE season is horrible for your career. He wasn't around the team. He wasn't practicing. He wasn't rehabbing. He was out of football mode and dealing with entirely different issues. Now he has to come back and flip that switch and try to play the most physical position in sports. Again, another sign I don't like.

And allllll of the aforementioned issue are before we even get to the child abuse or sex scandals, not to mention he is now viewed as a locker room problem because he is trying to force his way out of Minnesota even though realistically the Vikings have done nothing wrong here.

Also, the Pats don't have the cap space to bring in Peterson. The contending team you are thinking of is Dallas. I think Jerry wants to make it happen but Stephen Jones is (once again) saving Jerruh from himself.

If you are a RB-needy team right now, would you honestly rather trade your 2015 first for a few years of expensive ass Adrian Peterson rental or draft a guy like Gurly and have him for the prime of his career on a rookie contract? Easy decision for me.
Hell yeah pick All Day and win.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
It seems like news isn't worth posting anymore lol, they all contradict each other

Btw, LOVE the Greg Jennings pickup, Kevin.

Reactions: Just Kevin