2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
one page late bro :troll:

I skimmed through it. I still say Martin is a big pussy. Incognito is an insensitive asshole, sure, but like they say....

yeah idk this thing is broken for me man it says im watching the thread but it doesnt give me any notifications :(

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Mallett to the Vikes? That's actually really interesting. Their GM HAS to know his job's on the line with this QB he brings in. His choices are...

A: One of last years' shitty QB's
B: 2nd-round QB or one of 2nd round caliber
C: Michael Vick, assuming you can't get Josh McSwag
D: Ryan Mallett

Option D might be the safest after all

Pointless rumor: Patriots interested in Will Smith as a bargain-friendly pass rusher

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Mallett to the Vikes? That's actually really interesting. Their GM HAS to know his job's on the line with this QB he brings in. His choices are...

A: One of last years' shitty QB's
B: 2nd-round QB or one of 2nd round caliber
C: Michael Vick, assuming you can't get Josh McSwag
D: Ryan Mallett

Option D might be the safest after all
McCown is a 34 year old journeyman lol. Nobody is bringing him in to start. His best option is to stay in Chicago with the QB whisperer and wait for fragile Cutler to get hurt again.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
McCown is a 34 year old journeyman lol. Nobody is bringing him in to start. His best option is to stay in Chicago with the QB whisperer and wait for fragile Cutler to get hurt again.

I can't help but feel like he'll be starting for the Texans next year.
Outside of that his best spot is probably as a backup somewhere.

By the way, a report came out of the new Browns GM being gaga over Mariota.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...rowns-gm-ray-farmer-likes-marcus-mariota-best

#MarkLossesForMarcus

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I can't help but feel like he'll be starting for the Texans next year.
Outside of that his best spot is probably as a backup somewhere.

By the way, a report came out of the new Browns GM being gaga over Mariota.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...rowns-gm-ray-farmer-likes-marcus-mariota-best

#MarkLossesForMarcus
NFL GMs know that 10 years of tape is a lot more telling than 6 games. McCown had an amazing stretch, but he still is what he is. At best a team will bring him in as the guy to push a young starter that they ultimately want to win the job unless he falls on his face type of deal.

lol the Browns 'tanking' (as if they need to try and lose) again.

17f441947a0753e736e807bda22bee36.png

Reactions: Snowman1
Reaction score
Reactions: ZolpH DiggleR1
Reaction score
I was looking at some news for my Skins today and found this Yahoo sports article from a few days back talking about our needs at WR2 across from Garcon..

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/washin...ent-wide-receiver-targets-162500908--nfl.html

Out of the five Wideouts mentioned I would rather go with Nicks and well the now-not then released Nate Burelson as a WR2

any thoughts?

Go Skins!
I would have to agree with you idk, I could see Edelman or Jones putting up okay numbers but nothing like a WR2 should.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I was looking at some news for my Skins today and found this Yahoo sports article from a few days back talking about our needs at WR2 across from Garcon..

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/washin...ent-wide-receiver-targets-162500908--nfl.html

Out of the five Wideouts mentioned I would rather go with Nicks and well the now-not then released Nate Burelson as a WR2

any thoughts?
They should draft the kid out of Penn State

Burelson is about done IMO

This mock has him going to WAS at 34, would be a steal

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014_2.php

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I just think they need to go with Hoyer and hope his ACL doesnt give out again.
I agree. Hoyer deserves a shot to start on that bad team in a year when they won't accomplish anything anyway. If he performs like he did for a short stretch last year, you have your answer at QB for at least 3/4 years.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah I mean Hoyer played well during each time he was in there so he didn't really give any reason not to start him.

They could always use Vick and set up the team for some of the worst Dog Pound jokes eva, but I see Vick or McCown ending up in Cinci to push Dalton to get his head out of his ass.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Yeah I mean Hoyer played well during each time he was in there so he didn't really give any reason not to start him.

They could always use Vick and set up the team for some of the worst Dog Pound jokes eva, but I see Vick or McCown ending up in Cinci to push Dalton to get his head out of his ass.
Dalton just sucks. He has AJ Green so he looks OK at times, but he isn't a starting caliber QB, or if he is your starting QB you should be looking to upgrade ASAP.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Dalton just sucks. He has AJ Green so he looks OK at times, but he isn't a starting caliber QB, or if he is your starting QB you should be looking to upgrade ASAP.
if he could get off the force the ball to AJ Green mindset he'd be golden, so many offensive weapons on that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.