2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
We would have to trade for Revis. No way he signs here on his own free will.
Those guys sign with us and offer Revis like a 1 year 6 mil contract with hella incentives to prove he got it why not. It's pretty much the same we did with McFadden except it was for 4 mil

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Those guys sign with us and offer Revis like a 1 year 6 mil contract with hella incentives to prove he got it why not. It's pretty much the same we did with McFadden except it was for 4 mil
Why would Revis need to come to Oakland to prove anything lmao. He isn't some washed up scrub, he just has a crazy contract atm or Tampa would never want to trade or cut him.

comparing DMC to Revis is silly. DMC got $100k guaranteed and that's it. He is a fuck boy who will earn every penny he makes

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
If we sign Freeman, according to my madden franchise he becomes an MVP caliber Qb and we win 6 Super Bowls
Idk, in theory signing him makes sense, but then you remember he is probably viewed as damaged goods and this season is make or break for dumb (HC) and Dumber (GM) so would you really bet your job security on Freeman pulling his head out of his ass? Not me.

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
Why would Revis need to come to Oakland to prove anything lmao. He isn't some washed up scrub, he just has a crazy contract atm or Tampa would never want to trade or cut him.

comparing DMC to Revis is silly. DMC got $100k guaranteed and that's it. He is a fuck boy who will earn every penny he makes
To prove he's worth another big contract. He was mediocre at best last year after saying he was back to normal. If you're him, you're praying a team is willing to take on your contract otherwise it's free agency at an incredibly reduced rate

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
To prove he's worth another big contract. He was mediocre at best last year after saying he was back to normal. If you're him, you're praying a team is willing to take on your contract otherwise it's free agency at an incredibly reduced rate
He won't sign with the Raiders. It will be Cleveland or New England, and it won't be for nearly the bargain rate you seem to be thinking. He will still be a top paid CB.

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
Idk, in theory signing him makes sense, but then you remember he is probably viewed as damaged goods and this season is make or break for dumb (HC) and Dumber (GM) so would you really bet your job security on Freeman pulling his head out of his ass? Not me.
Personally I build around defense another year, tank and go for Jameis Winston next year

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Personally I build around defense another year, tank and go for Jameis Winston next year
Hey if you want to tank the season McKenzie might just be the GM for you lmao. Today has been incredibly sad, and I've talked to countless fans who had been trying to hold out hope for RM and this offseason who were completely done with him after 2 hours of the free agent window opening. the dude completely botched everything. What can he possibly say or do now? He has so much egg on his face, he was very vocal about wanting to and expecting to keep Veldheer and Houston. sad sad sad

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
Hey if you want to tank the season McKenzie might just be the GM for you lmao. Today has been incredibly sad, and I've talked to countless fans who had been trying to hold out hope for RM and this offseason who were completely done with him after 2 hours of the free agent window opening. the dude completely botched everything. What can he possibly say or do now? He has so much egg on his face, he was very vocal about wanting to and expecting to keep Veldheer and Houston. sad sad sad
It's the first time as a Raiders fan where I feel our season is already lost before the draft

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Freeman is still rumored, but obviously Bridgewater at 5 is idealistic. Probably both, with McGloin as third string, idk really.

I don't really see how its fine to pick up Saffold to play LT even for 6-8 mill, but that's me. He can't stay healthy and was moved from LT because he wasn't playing well there. If Saffold were killing it at LT the Rams wouldn't have paid big money to bring in Jake Long to take his job. Even less fine will be if Saffold plays guard. I guess it doesn't really matter when he won't play more than 6 games next season anyway.

Robinson/Saffold if healthy/Wis/Brisiel or some other guard/Howard isn't a bad lineup. Overpaid? Could have been handled better? Yeah. But still, there's something there.

I'm dying to know how to get the Raiders out of this hole. Maybe next year you'lll bring in one of Seattle's scouts as GM or something like that, your best shot is to find a bunch of studs late in the draft

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Robinson/Saffold if healthy/Wis/Brisiel or some other guard/Howard isn't a bad lineup. Overpaid? Could have been handled better? Yeah. But still, there's something there.

I'm dying to know how to get the Raiders out of this hole. Maybe next year you'lll bring in one of Seattle's scouts as GM or something like that, your best shot is to find a bunch of studs late in the draft
stooooppppp it. I'll die inside if we waste the #5 pick on a tackle now because we have a blueberry GM who can't sign franchise cornerstone LTs to 7 million dollar a year deals.

that is an average O Line with a terrible QB, shit RB and average WRs. Accomplishes nothing, what are we trying to become the new Browns? They've had this same formula for years with Thomas and Mack, it equates to nothing.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
:lol1: That's was exactly what I was going for with that post.

"Hey, we can't resign Monroe so we HAVE to draft Joeckel #2 to have protection for Gabbert, because some obscure stat told us that Blaine is very good when having a clean pocket! We can upgrade the protection and turn Gabbert around, then be able to keep Monroe... oh, shit... Gabbert still sucks, didn't see that coming. Lets flip our franchise LT for pennies on the dollar since at least we'll be getting pennies instead of him just walking... so we essentially traded a 1st rounder for a 4th and 5th because we're Jacksonville"

^that trainwreck from last year is all I can think of when you talk about not spending a top 5 pick on Robinson. This is Jaguras level of Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.