2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Yea generally speaking in the middle/late rounds I am looking for guys that people consider "boom-or-bust" and obviously I expect to boom.

let's see, middle of April... hell by early June I bet we can run mock drafts on some sites. So close :please:

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Yea generally speaking in the middle/late rounds I am looking for guys that people consider "boom-or-bust" and obviously I expect to boom.

let's see, middle of April... hell by early June I bet we can run mock drafts on some sites. So close :please:

Sooo close indeed, have so many crazy ideas already and it's still fucking April. :((

I remember last year, was reading a preseason report (note to self: stop that) that said "Denver's running back situation is going to frustrate fantasy owners." So after reading that I went over to the league page and you picked up Knowshon Moreno. 2-time WWEF champion.

Meanwhile I was wondering whether or not I should stash Cierre Wood (who got released like 2 days later) and dropping the KC defense I drafted for Tampa. :facepalm1:

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
God bless Knowshon. What a godsend he was.

People act like its all luck, which there is with injuries and what have you, but there is a definite skill involved in figuring out where talent is going to meet opportunity. Guys like Keenan Allen, Knowshon, JOSH GORDON, ect are the types of picks/early season pick ups that win leagues. Sure, I'll have some Kenbrell Thompkins along the way, but I would much rather go for gold in the late rounds and wind up with 2 studs and 5 busts than draft 7 decent ho hum bros for my bench. Because generally speaking I can take 5 busts and turn them into ho hum bros from the waiver wire anyhow.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
God bless Knowshon. What a godsend he was.

People act like its all luck, which there is with injuries and what have you, but there is a definite skill involved in figuring out where talent is going to meet opportunity. Guys like Keenan Allen, Knowshon, JOSH GORDON, ect are the types of picks/early season pick ups that win leagues. Sure, I'll have some Kenbrell Thompkins along the way, but I would much rather go for gold in the late rounds and wind up with 2 studs and 5 busts than draft 7 decent ho hum bros for my bench. Because generally speaking I can take 5 busts and turn them into ho hum bros from the waiver wire anyhow.

Remembered going into this season I was wondering, with the way you set up the scoring, would a late rounder be better used on Chris Givens/Josh Gordon (hard to believe those two were comparable at one point) to take advantage of a bunch of deep balls, or Stevie Johnson who would be better in the PPR aspect. Thank goodness I somehow knew that rule already and avoided Stevie.

Looking back on my draft, how in the hell did I do so well all year, lol. Outside of Reggie my entire 3-9 in the draft busted.

You were turning your ho-hum bros into studs from the waiver-wire though lol, you were the dude who took a chance on Mike James and all these other semi-predictable stars to give you something for nothing, unlike the random as fuck Magic Touch of Gohan

Giants sign Josh Freeman

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Remembered going into this season I was wondering, with the way you set up the scoring, would a late rounder be better used on Chris Givens/Josh Gordon (hard to believe those two were comparable at one point) to take advantage of a bunch of deep balls, or Stevie Johnson who would be better in the PPR aspect. Thank goodness I somehow knew that rule already and avoided Stevie.

Looking back on my draft, how in the hell did I do so well all year, lol. Outside of Reggie my entire 3-9 in the draft busted.

Giants sign Josh Freeman
That's basically how my main money league draft went. Well, not so much busts as much as injuries. Doug Martin, Julio, Randall Cobb, Ahmad Bradshaw, Shane Vereen, Andre Brown, Michael Vick... were all within my first 10 picks. Some of those I was begging for injury problems though.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
So are we just doing standard scoring or are we doing PPR for the league this year?
QB Josh Freeman agrees to deal with NYG.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Oh and for the Rivers/Eli discussion; Rivers all day for me.
The SB Win count is very different however given Rivers' never had a team quite like the NYG during their SB wins with Manning at the helm.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Oh and for the Rivers/Eli discussion; Rivers all day for me.
The SB Win count is very different however given Rivers' never had a team quite like the NYG during their SB wins with Manning at the helm.
Chargers have had really good teams while rivers has been there. The giants have never been a superbowl favorite. They got hot.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Ur joking..... He has bottom tier arm strength.
I'd say he is middle of the road lol. He no longer has the same arm as a few years ago but he can still make all of the throws dude.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I found the giants have had better teams thing funny though. The Chargers have always been hyped to be some beasts and never show up. For the better part of Rivers career they were hyped to be these amazing teams and they never got it done.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
You think the Chargers offense has been hyped up over the past couple years lol? more like their defense if anything.. And the Broncos have actually been the most frequently hyped team in their division since Rivers/Manning's arrivals in the league.

Antonio Gates was aging when Rivers came in he made use of guys no where near the expected talent of Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz. This is a guy who made receivers like Eddie Royal look good and having to use Danny Woodhead as a primary receiver while Danario was out with ACL problems.

The Offensive Lines were in favor of Eli for awhile there and more recently have been in favor of Rivers.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Chris Johnson signs with the Jets. Poor fans.

1374924_10152338368716100_6778022661904048918_n.png

Raiders going to try to trade TP before next Tuesday

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.