2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Free agent QB David Carr is hoping to sign before May's draft.

There's been some chatter that David will sign with whichever team drafts younger brother Derek Carr as a mentor. ESPN's Adam Schefter says there's nothing to that. David Carr is 35 years old and was out of the league last year, so he's not going to picky about any opportunities.

I quoted this simply for the ridiculousness; we all know Derek Carr is better than David, whoever drafts Derek should definitely not sign his older brother as a mentor; IMO that could only make matters that much worse..

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Can just imagine David going up to Cleveland... "Hey.... Haslam... Farmer... I hope you take my brother... then use all 10 of your other draft picks on offensive linemen... you've gotta draft offensive linemen... NO FREENEY DON'T KILL ME I SWEAR I DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG"

Falcons sign two solid defensive backs, Dwight Lowery and Josh Wilson, for less than a million a piece. Well done, way to play the FA game.

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
70de7fff032fbfabc178d71816e129ec.jpg

Extension talks between the Browns and CB Joe Haden are reportedly "proceeding."
Per ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi, there are "no worries." The Browns have gobs of cap space and a desire to lock up Haden, whose is set to make $6.67 million this season -- the final year of his rookie deal. The 25-year-old (on Monday) has flashed true shutdown ability.

Man I hopes he chooses to test free agency if he keeps as consistent as he has been this season! He's one of the BEST CBs I've seen in a grip.. I would love to have him as an Eagle as much as I'm sure ANYONE would love to have a shutdown CB like him.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
lol someone called him "Red Romo" in the comments

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
lol @ his troll smiley

Browns to match in 3, 2, 1...

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
We need to do whatever is possible to nab him.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Megatron + Watkins + Taint + Broyles if he can stay healthy + Reggie Bush? That's just unfair.

Just a hypothetical: Assuming Cleveland is as Blue as... well... Cleveland, what if they trade up with Oakland to nab him at #5?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
wouldn't hurt my feelings as long as Reggie doesn't botch the value like last year.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
whoops, he didn't get DeSean, he remains Wedgie.

Snowman1

Reaction score
wouldn't hurt my feelings as long as Reggie doesn't botch the value like last year.

I wonder just how botched that draft value was... all the teams probably knew that draft sucked (maybe it didn't, but it seems like all the good players fell to the end of the 1st round...right, everyone drafted by Minnesota?) so the #3 pick in a shit draft couldn't have that much value. Maybe it was the best you could do?

You could probably do better with the superstar talent at the top of this draft, but if I was you I'd be happy if you just drafted good players with the picks you get. :pipebomb:

Status
Not open for further replies.