2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Stephen A and Arsenio go HAM on the dipshit Eagles

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Has any team ever drafted 3 WRs that high in the draft? Seems unprecedented. Plus don't you still have some other needs to be addressed, specifically on D? I would be irate if my team spent its first 3 picks just to replace one player we had just cut for no reason other than our coach being so lily livered
Lol Huff is a late 4 or 5 bro? I said that before actually a few times like 3 pages back and then again like 7 or 8 pages back.. It'd be Lee/Cooks in the 1st, Mathews in the 2nd, S Deone Bucannon in the 3rd, Huff in the 4th if it looked like he was going otherwise it'd be the best CB available and then Huff in the 5th, the D we need is an OLB and a CB, if we can go past this year with what we have and what we draft, than we can roll that money to an FA OLB class that's looking pretty solid right now.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Lol Huff is a late 4 or 5 bro? I said that before actually a few times like 3 pages back and then again like 7 or 8 pages back.. It'd be Lee/Cooks in the 1st, Mathews in the 2nd, S Deone Bucannon in the 3rd, Huff in the 4th if it looked like he was going otherwise it'd be the best CB available and then Huff in the 5th, the D we need is an OLB and a CB, if we can go past this year with what we have and what we draft, than we can roll that money to an FA OLB class that's looking pretty solid right now.

Are you sure all those guys will be available then? Most mocks I read have BAL grabbing either Cooks or Matthews ahead of you

You take Cooks, we'll snag Mathews, Desean to Oakland, everyone's happy with our receiving corps. Except Waco, because the Cowboys suck

Snowman1

Reaction score
Albert Breer: "The Raiders are still doing background work on Desean"
Chris Wesseling: "Initially considered a wild-card team, the Bills have become a serious contender in the DeSean Jackson sweepstakes."

I get a lot of these reports... he'd like to play with his old QB Vick or coach in Reid. It would make sense for him to want to play with RGIII or Cam. Playing for a Raider was his dream, he can go back home and make a lot of money. But what incentive could he possibly have to go to Buffalo lol

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
He's a cool dude but I never watch his show or anything
He didn't like me for some reason.. I went to one of his live shows (which sucked topic wise and had a very obnoxious audience over which Arsenio had hardly any crowd control) over in Hollywood when I was on vacation there because I got free tickets.. After the show he had like a small circle of people around him asking him questions one at a time, when it got to my turn he completely ignored me and turned his face away towards another person.. It was really fucked up.. I was the only white person in the circle asking him a question, so idk my first thought was that this dude is racist and I guess to this day I still think that.

I wanted to ask him if he still treks upto Cleveland and roughs it out up there once in awhile :)

And now back to football talk..

Reports are saying 'NO WAY' Texans trade down to #9.
CJ2K expected to be released at some point during the upcoming week.

Are you sure all those guys will be available then? Most mocks I read have BAL grabbing either Cooks or Matthews ahead of you

You take Cooks, we'll snag Mathews, Desean to Oakland, everyone's happy with our receiving corps.

I hate mock drafts, I usually take them with LARGE grains of salt until they do one just before the draft officially starts.
All I know is we want all 3 of those guys and if we only end up with two.. Kenny Britt may be an Eagle next year :)

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Albert Breer: "The Raiders are still doing background work on Desean"
Chris Wesseling: "Initially considered a wild-card team, the Bills have become a serious contender in the DeSean Jackson sweepstakes."

I get a lot of these reports... he'd like to play with his old QB Vick or coach in Reid. It would make sense for him to want to play with RGIII or Cam. Playing for a Raider was his dream, he can go back home and make a lot of money. But what incentive could he possibly have to go to Buffalo lol
If I'm DeSean I set up a meeting to any team that wants to set one up. If he has 10 meetings lined up it would bump his perceived value.

Still though, hurry up and sign with Oakland already before I start to get nervous.

Off the Swag topic, good article from Roto talking about what each team in the AFC is thinking at this point in time

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/46674/59/afc-team-by-team-notes

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The background work they keep talking about between the Raiders and DJax is the Raiders asking DJax "Are you sure you're not a gang banger?" followed by, "on a scale of 1-10 compared to our team's existing gang bangers, what level of gang bangerness do you put yourself on?"

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
He didn't like me for some reason.. I went to one of his live shows (which sucked topic wise and had a very obnoxious audience over which Arsenio had hardly any crowd control) over in Hollywood when I was on vacation there because I got free tickets.. After the show he had like a small circle of people around him asking him questions one at a time, when it got to my turn he completely ignored me and turned his face away towards another person.. It was really fucked up.. I was the only white person in the circle asking him a question, so idk my first thought was that this dude is racist and I guess to this day I still think that.

I wanted to ask him if he still treks upto Cleveland and roughs it out up there once in awhile :)

And now back to football talk..

Reports are saying 'NO WAY' Texans trade down to #9.
CJ2K expected to be released at some point during the upcoming week.

I hate mock drafts, I usually take them with LARGE grains of salt until they do one just before the draft officially starts.
All I know is we want all 3 of those guys and if we only end up with two.. Kenny Britt may be an Eagle next year :)
hey didn't I sarcastically pinpoint Britt to the Iggles yesterday? I'm good.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
The background work they keep talking about between the Raiders and DJax is the Raiders asking DJax "Are you sure you're not a gang banger?" followed by, "on a scale of 1-10 compared to our team's existing gang bangers, what level of gang bangerness do you put yourself on?"
I'm sure it is just Reggie floating that out there so he seems smarter than he is. "Oh DeSean?? errr, doing ... uh... homework? Yea, homework, that's something a GM would say!"

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
But my thing is, they cut DeSean due to "character" worries.. I'm sorry Eagles, I didn't realize Kenny Britt was a fucking angel lol you know what I mean?

Snowman1

Reaction score
If I'm DeSean I set up a meeting to any team that wants to set one up. If he has 10 meetings lined up it would bump his perceived value.

Still though, hurry up and sign with Oakland already before I start to get nervous.

Off the Swag topic, good article from Roto talking about what each team in the AFC is thinking at this point in time

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/46674/59/afc-team-by-team-notes

Yeah, dude, great find. That stat on Ray Rice (having 200 more career touches than MJD) was pretty eye-popping. Thanks, Schiano, you're the GOAT at ruining careers lol. And with all the stuff that keeps coming out about the guy the whole RB situation becomes even more frustrating. So many unknowns, geez.

Speaking of frustrating, just saw that Juan Castillo is somehow still employed. Why? Get that idiot outta here lol

"Torrey Smith is going to play the Andre Johnson role" LOL

When is the NFC version coming out?

Status
Not open for further replies.