2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
If they do actually have that video they are set to win the case, if not good luck now that they're married I do believe they can't use her testimony against him without her signed consent where as before they could've used it just to win since they weren't married. Idk that law may have changed but as far as I'm aware that's what I thought it was.
I think the husband/wife testimony thing is concerning crimes that took place WHILE they were married? I may be mistaken, but I don't think getting hitched after the fact can prevent the police from using her original statement.

I'll ask my buddy who is in law school

Don't think it really matters though. If she starts changing her story, they can't just use the original testimony anyhow.

Hopefully they do have the video though and this scumbag is nailed to the wall

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I think the husband/wife testimony thing is concerning crimes that took place WHILE they were married? I may be mistaken, but I don't think getting hitched after the fact can prevent the police from using her original statement.

I'll ask my buddy who is in law school
Hmm, please do, this is something I would like to be corrected on if wrong, could be useful :).
Idk why but I've always been under the impression that that is why people get married in these kind of cases, so that the prosecution can't use the spouses testimony freely like that. I may have watched one too many dramatized cop and law shows and picked up some incorrect knowledge.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Sounds entertaining pretty entertaining ;)
I found the footage, holy shit, brutal!

tyson.gif

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I found the footage, holy shit, brutal!

tyson.gif
Lol, it's probably really close to that, given her state of unconsciousness while being dragged out of an elevator lol, although she could've just been REALLY drunk which is why the video needs to be released to the PUBLIC!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
From what I'm hearing from numerous outlets is that the Jets are the team that is expected to make the best offer to CJ2K when he gets released this week if still no trading partner is found.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Vick, Decker and CJ2K.
Not sure how well it would work out bringing in all new veteran guys to be ur QB1/WR1 & RB1 at the same time.
Wonder if the Jets can set an NFL record for "most free agents whiffed on in one offseason"
hehehe :)

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Compared to Geno, Ivory and Slantonio I'm sure they are coming out ahead.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Compared to Geno, Ivory and Slantonio I'm sure they are coming out ahead.
I can't hate on Ivory, he's my dude, cool ass mofo I met him when he went to Tiffin for a small time at a house party playing some beer pong.
But indeed, compared to those 3 they're looking slightly better I suppose. Ivory and CJ2K could be like when CJ2K and LenDale White had a pretty baller year together except I think Ivory's NFL skill translated way better than White's did.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Landwhale was a ballin ass short yardage/GL back. Never got why he bounced from the league so quick.

I agree, I like Ivory, but 2k is an upgrade IMO.

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Landwhale was a ballin ass short yardage/GL back. Never got why he bounced from the league so quick.

I agree, I like Ivory, but 2k is an upgrade IMO.
Lol Landwhale :) Agreed completely though man. I think he could've been in the league several more years.. that's all he did. He was like a slicker HB version of Mike 'A-Train' Alstott and Mike Tolbert.
Yeah you're right 2K is an upgrade, the combo has so much potential, I'm way pumped to see where CJ2K and DeSean goes. As an Eagles fan him going to the Redskins would be nuts, that home game at the Linc would be awesome! But then again I'm pro-Raiders in this instance, because he's a dangerous receiver and wouldn't be kind for Boykin to cover and also I'm not a big fan of the Broncos or Chargers and would like to see the Raiders outshine either one of them for awhile.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'm still pretty confident Swag comes to Oakland. #DjaxtoOakland was like the #2 trend worldwide yesterday. McKenzie will feel the pressure and in this his final stand of a season, he doesn't want to face the type of backlash that he would from passing on Jackson.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks the Jets didn't improve all that much with that combination?
Would rather give Geno another chance and develop him over using the stopgap in Vick, but guess they have to roll with Vick with a coach that's idiotically on the hot seat and a fanbase that already lived through Tebowmania once. Ivory > CJ1K as a runner but it doesn't matter, they compliment each other well. They had to cut ties with Santonio for many reasons, but he makes a better #1 than Decker

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
2a291a6fd052b5622b4fdc6d705a1c1c.png

Eagles went with Mark Sanchez over Matt Schaub as their back-up QB because they were worried he had gang affiliations with the 'crips'.. fuck man, it's spreading!

Am I the only one that thinks the Jets didn't improve all that much with that combination?
Would rather give Geno another chance and develop him over using the stopgap in Vick, but guess they have to roll with Vick with a coach that's idiotically on the hot seat and a fanbase that already lived through Tebowmania once. Ivory > CJ1K as a runner but it doesn't matter, they compliment each other well. They had to cut ties with Santonio for many reasons, but he makes a better #1 than Decker

Geno needs some breeding imo, and CJ2K and Ivory are different types of runners I still think CJ has enough in the gas tank to provide a season or two of some burner speed which makes him the better option given an offensive line & receivers that can spread the field decently for him. Santonio Holmes is getting old and has been hurting the past two years, not sure how much he's got left in him, but Decker who's 27 yrs old has some fresh life in him, if they can provide a decent opposite and a good run game to help him out Decker will have some okay numbers.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler
Status
Not open for further replies.