2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I was always DHB's #1 supporter. Dude was coming on under Hue Jackson but Wedgie didn't like the price tag (for once I can't blame him)

He was getting better at holding on to the ball in Oakland, then suddenly he got to Indy and had more drops than ever. I hope he gets it together and doesn't wash out of the league. Great character and tremendous work ethic. I wish DHB nothing but the best.

He showed some decent hands in the preseason, we'll see if that carries over, for his sake I hope so he had a lot of potential coming out of college and I still think deep down it's in there somewhere waiting for him to unleash the beast.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Suppose there's no other lineup quesitons in any of my leagues, so I'll ask you guys:

Kaep or Cutler?
Lot of advantages to starting either; the Dallas/SF game is most likely going to end up a shootout so Kaep may throw a lot if they manage to find themselves behind at any point..
However Cutler is at home and has a great receiving corps in Marshall,Jeffrey,Bennett,Forte and even Slantonio may play a factor.. buttttt they're playing the Bills and I don't know if they are going to be able to keep up with the Bears today....

This is a tough call but honestly I'd say Cutler by a VERY small margin.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Lot of advantages to starting either; the Dallas/SF game is most likely going to end up a shootout so Kaep may throw a lot if they manage to find themselves behind at any point..
However Cutler is at home and has a great receiving corps in Marshall,Jeffrey,Bennett,Forte and even Slantonio may play a factor.. buttttt they're playing the Bills and I don't know if they are going to be able to keep up with the Bears today....

This is a tough call but honestly I'd say Cutler by a VERY small margin.

Great analysis and I largely agree. :) But it's hard to predict just how close a game is, any given sunday, right? :eek:tunga: Maybe Buffalo can keep it competitive? Then again that would probably mean more ball-control by the Bills and all of that...

That Dallas matchup is just so tasty, isn't it? So is Chicago having THE BEST group of weapons in the NFL, yeah Cutler it is. :haha:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ing-locker-room?campaign=Facebook_atl_sessler

Some questioning going on in regards to how much Harbaugh is really into his team.. Idk, if I were Jim I'd be pissed too, team can't clinch a goddamn Superbowl and they've been to the NFC championship the last 3 years now or something like that 3 in the last 4 years? Shit there was a possibility back earlier in the year that he almost got traded to the goddamn Cleveland Browns, that would've been an interesting sight.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Have always wondered how Derek Anderson flamed out so hard. He was such a beast in 2007, why did he fall so hard so fast?

Jay Glazer: "Michael Crabtree is a game-time decision" don't tell Vice... :haha:

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Have always wondered how Derek Anderson flamed out so hard. He was such a beast in 2007, why did he fall so hard so fast?

Jay Glazer: "Michael Crabtree is a game-time decision" don't tell Vice... :haha:
:silva:I don't know whether to take him out or start him and pray.... 8 minutes to decide...

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

He was like a 6th rd pick so there was never really high expectations for him but in 07 he was playing on a pretty stacked Browns team; the O-Line was nice, Kellen Winslow was a fucking beast at TE.. WR Vicious Joe Jurevicius had a pretty decent year and that was one of the years that Braylon Edwards barely dropped anything, Cribbs was also part of the receving game. Then they had Jamal Lewis and Lawrence Vickers in the backfield and those are some nice blocking backs, he had a lot to work with that year.

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ing-locker-room?campaign=Facebook_atl_sessler

Some questioning going on in regards to how much Harbaugh is really into his team.. Idk, if I were Jim I'd be pissed too, team can't clinch a goddamn Superbowl and they've been to the NFC championship the last 3 years now or something like that 3 in the last 4 years? Shit there was a possibility back earlier in the year that he almost got traded to the goddamn Cleveland Browns, that would've been an interesting sight.
They have gone to NFC championship game ever year since Jim has come in.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
5 minutes.... WOOOOOH!

7mTVVrg.gif

I won't be on all day today but I will be checking in sporadically, I don't even know what games I get.. I'm assuming some shitty ass ones so I'll probably have to stream the Eagles game =/ pfft lame.

Snowman1

Reaction score
I can stream RZ or Bal/Cin, or I can watch Nash/KC or NO/ATL on TV... :hmm:

So many options and only 5 minutes to decide! :urm:

Snowman1

Reaction score
Don't think I've ever seen quadruple coverage until a few plays ago. I'd do it too against AJ Green.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Goddamn Jaguars.. Allen Hurns is an UDFA and is starting at WR1 and just had a 35 yd TD... Eagles better not let the Jags trap them in the first goddamn game of the season.