2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Dallas doesn't have a horrid running game

also Romo has more 4th quarter game winning drives than any QB in the league the past few seasons, but people only remember the lowlights. You act like Dallas wasn't 1 game away from winning the division the last two seasons.

chiefs still suck and won't sniff the playoffs, but nice deflection on what we were taking about.

Lol not a deflection at all, I made my picks and you said chiefs suck.. we weren't talking about anything lmao, you were.

DeMarco Murray is talented; but hella injury prone and the depth behind him is mediocre at best and the O-Line isn't the best this year, it's definitely not as good as it was last year.

Correct me if I'm wrong but not winning that last game and playing under par is a pretty damn good representation of choking.. Tis all about when it counts.. you can have plenty of 4th quarter game winning drives early on and midway through the season, but make sure you wrap up the season and get yourself wins when it matters and unfortunately this is where the "lowlights" come into play (1-3 in the playoffs [McNabb had the worst game of his postseason career in that 1 win], 0-3 when it comes to playoff berth elimination games).. off topic side note: Dalton is going to be a replica of this IMO.

Romo Stats when he blew it during Playoff games and playoff berth games.
--------------------------- C PA PCT TD INT
'06 Playoffs vs SEA| 17 29 58.6% 1 0
'07 Playoffs vs NYG| 18 36 50.0% 1 1
'08 WK17 vs PHI| 21 39 53.9% 0 1
'09 Playoffs vs PHI| 23 35 65.7% 2 0
'09 Playoffs vs MIN| 22 35 62.9% 0 1
'11 WK17 vs NYG| 29 37 78.4% 2 1
'12 WK17 vs WAS| 20 37 54.1% 2 3

Last edited:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Come on dude do you think you aren't regurgitating the same shit we've all heard 1000 times about Romo? I thought I might present the flip side for once. Murray played 14 games last year and I have no reason to think he isn't better prepared to stay healthy this season based on his approach to this offseason. The line is really good, not sure what would make you think otherwise.

The defense will be bad, but so will Phillys lol. Maybe Rolondo McClain is lightning in a bottle for them and he faults them all the way up to 23rd in total defense. Stranger things have happened. The offense last season was top 3 in scoring efficiency and only poised to get better. If the defense gives them any semblance of mediocrity they are the favorites

chiefs still suck

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
New Orleans earlier today signed OLB Junior Galette to a 4 yr, $41.5 mil contract extension through 2019.

Cameron Jordan, Akiem Hicks and Galette for a few more years, helluva trio of pass rushers.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The Cincinnati Bengals are keeping Devon Still on their practice squad even though he played at a sub-par level this summer.
The reason?
This is as classy as it gets. Good on Cincy
IMO wouldn't've been smart at all to let him go somewhere else, he's had a nightmare of a year; I don't blame him for carrying some of that weight on his mind during the offseason.. His size and athletic ability generally is nice for a defensive tackle, someone would've most likely signed him to their practice squad if Cincy ahad let him go.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
AFC EAST: Patriots
AFC NORTH: Bengals
AFC SOUTH: Colts
AFC WEST: Broncos
Wildcard: Chiefs, Bills

NFC East: Redskins
NFC North: Packers
NFC South: Panthers
NFC West: Seahawks

Wildcard: Saints, Cardinals

Superbowl Colts vs Seahawks

Winner: Seahawks

Cowboys finish dead last. Jerry knows it, I know it, everyone should know it. Signing Michael Sam is another Dallas signing to take the focus off the field and to other issues.

Washington has a defense, and the biggest upside. Eagles finish 2nd, Giants 3rd.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
AFC EAST: Patriots
AFC NORTH: Bengals
AFC SOUTH: Colts
AFC WEST: Broncos
Wildcard: Chiefs, Bills

NFC East: Redskins
NFC North: Packers
NFC South: Panthers
NFC West: Seahawks

Wildcard: Saints, Cardinals

Superbowl Colts vs Seahawks

Winner: Seahawks

Cowboys finish dead last. Jerry knows it, I know it, everyone should know it. Signing Michael Sam is another Dallas signing to take the focus off the field and to other issues.

Washington has a defense, and the biggest upside. Eagles finish 2nd, Giants 3rd.

I can see most of what you have listed happening, the one thing I don't see is Buffalo making the wildcard over a handful of other teams that have a better schedule and are more likely to have the roster to make it that far.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Danny your prediction is Dallas gets the #1 overall pick?

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
AFC:
Denver
New England
Baltimore
Houston
Cincinnati
Miami

NFC:
New Orleans
Green Bay
Seattle
Washington
Arizona
Philadelphia

AFCCG: Denver over New England
NFCCG: New Orleans over Seattle
Super Bowl: Denver over New Orleans

Took @Dolph'sZiggler predictions switched a couple teams in the AFC and a couple teams in the NFC around and there ya go.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
naw, finish last in division
I see. DEAD last sounded more dire lol

I would ask if you wanted to bet, but how much worse could I possibly embarrass you? I own your soul and soon I'll prove that I know more about your own team than you do :aries2: