2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
late breaking: T Rich still useless shithead

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/players/playerpage/1691430/trent-richardson

Colts running back Trent Richardson gained 21 yards on nine carries against the Giants, adding a 4-yard catch on his only target. He's averaged 2.4 yards per carry through two preseason games.
Richardson, who averaged 3.0 yards per carry last season, will try to get going Saturday in the third preseason game against the Saints.

Even that is a misleading stat. In the first game he had 5 carries for 13 yards, but one of those carries went for 9 yards when a rookie guard just mauled his D-Lineman and blocked a linebacker so perfectly that you or I could have gained those 9 yards. Rest of the game was 4 carries, 4 yards.

Ahmad Bradshaw cannot be allowed to sit on the bench.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Even that is a misleading stat. In the first game he had 5 carries for 13 yards, but one of those carries went for 9 yards when a rookie guard just mauled his D-Lineman and blocked a linebacker so perfectly that you or I could have gained those 9 yards. Rest of the game was 4 carries, 4 yards.

Ahmad Bradshaw cannot be allowed to sit on the bench.
I believe Bradshaw already is having neck issues again.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
As I've said all along, you don't even have to read between the lines, the Colts have essentially come out and said they are desperate for T Rich to take the reigns, but if/when he doesn't, they aren't going to baby him like last year, he will be benched.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I watched the game and it said he was out with a "neck" Knew he had issues with it last year too.
He hasn't had any complications, just being cautious. He was cleared to play in July and I haven't heard of any flair ups.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I was rooting for Nicks when he left New York but I haven't heard anything good coming from Colts camp about him. Saw he made some plays last night, hopefully a sign of things to come.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Yeah 5 catches for 56 yards or something, had a 36 yarder called back for taunting after the play. Had a pretty good first half before leaving the game.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
This system they are putting in is so opposite from what they are used to, you knew it would take some time for Eli. 10+ years of doing one thing and now learning to do it a completely different way will be quite an adjustment for him.

Guess we will find out if you can teach an old dog new tricks.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Steve Smith had 1 catch for 8 yards last week on 6 targets.
I wouldn't let that concern you, Joey tried to force some ugly passes to him with very tight windows. Eventually they will get the gameplan down and be able to get him comfortable as he was down in Carolina.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
late breaking: T Rich still useless shithead

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/players/playerpage/1691430/trent-richardson

Colts running back Trent Richardson gained 21 yards on nine carries against the Giants, adding a 4-yard catch on his only target. He's averaged 2.4 yards per carry through two preseason games.
Richardson, who averaged 3.0 yards per carry last season, will try to get going Saturday in the third preseason game against the Saints.
That dude had never cracked 4 yards per in all his (very brief) time in the League
Kudos to Nick Saban for selling damaged goods at a very high price.
Richardson is only 5'9. The Browns, nor the Colts did their homework. Shame on Indy, Luck deserves better and the front office is way smarter than that.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Man, and I was so close to taking Richardson off the board.