2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I really hate the colts

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Poor D'Z. Oakland's chances of getting Marcus Mariota took a hit today.
not only did our draft pick go from #1 to god knows what, but Carr piddle paddled his way to a decent looking stat line as well

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
MY boys lost a close one today, kudos to the Seahawks.. our offense was almost nowhere to be spotted tonight and a bunch of unnecessary penalties from our secondary cost us some big moments.. our defense wasn't great by any means giving up two back to back 3rd and a mile plays but they weren't entirely horrible.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
MY boys lost a close one today, kudos to the Seahawks.. our offense was almost nowhere to be spotted tonight and a bunch of unnecessary penalties from our secondary cost us some big moments.. our defense wasn't great by any means giving up two back to back 3rd and a mile plays but they weren't entirely horrible.
Seattle can't be fucked with when their D plays like it has the last month. If they continue this, good luck league. Russ is amazing as well.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Seattle can't be fucked with when their D plays like it has the last month. If they continue this, good luck league. Russ is amazing as well.

Totally agree, they kept everyone in check.. the whole Dallas Cowboys beating them at home IMO was a fluke.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Totally agree, they kept everyone in check.. the whole Dallas Cowboys beating them at home IMO was a fluke.
Not really a fluke so much as the Seahawks weren't clicking at that point in the season. NFL teams change dramatically over the course of the season. Dallas was unstoppable at that point on the ground and Seattle was dealing with some internal turmoil.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
This is the Raiders we are talking about.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-has-gotten-us-in-really-good-shape-to-build/

Mark Davis is cancer. He needs to get the fuck out. People complained about Al, but Mark is 100 X worse.

I agree. Wedgie did provide you with what appears to be 2 building blocks, you can build around Carr (we'll see) and Mack in future drafts.

Here's the problem: you should have more than 2 building blocks after 3 drafts and blowing up so many contracts and the cap room, yadda yadda you know the drill.

Also, D'Z: Can we put this "He's showing potential!" thing to rest? Who was the last QB to show "potential" and actually improve? Ryan/Flacco?

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Rodgers is without a doubt my fave QB to watch. Too good. Too kool.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I agree. Wedgie did provide you with what appears to be 2 building blocks, you can build around Carr (we'll see) and Mack in future drafts.

Here's the problem: you should have more than 2 building blocks after 3 drafts and blowing up so many contracts and the cap room, yadda yadda you know the drill.

Also, D'Z: Can we put this "He's showing potential!" thing to rest? Who was the last QB to show "potential" and actually improve? Ryan/Flacco?
I refuse to credit Reggie for the 2014 draft when literally every Raiders fan on Earth could have made those easy ass first 3 picks. They were lay ups. Carr is not a building block in my eye. He is simply a placeholder until you find your actual franchise QB.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton was injured in a two-car accident on Tuesday afternoon.

"Mr. Newton was involved in a two car collision on S. Church street in Charlotte at approximately 12:30 today," the Charlotte police said in a statement. "He and the driver of the other vehicle were both transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department is investigating the cause of the wreck."

"We are closely monitoring the situation of a car wreck involving Cam Newton," the Panthers said in a statement. "We will have more information at an appropriate time."

Preliminary tests performed on Newton indicate he escaped a rollover accident without suffering any fractures or other serious injuries.

At this point, it looks like he's just got scrapes and bruises, but he should be OK,'' a source told ESPN's Ed Werder. "He's going to be sore and beat up, but he should be relatively OK.''

Newton, 25, was conscious when he was transported to the hospital, a source told Werder.

A witness told the Charlotte Observer that Newton was "alert" but "in pain" at the scene of the accident, which took place near the Panthers' stadium.

The Charlotte Observer tweeted out a photo of Newton after he was removed from his vehicle.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...s-involved-car-accident?ex_cid=sportscenterFB

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Looks like the Browns are finally going to start Manziel this week vs the Bengals.. apparently they wanted to start him last week but instead of being at the complex or at home prepping for the game he was at the Cleveland Cavs game hanging court side.. We'll see how this works, I'm hoping well but then again I do want to see some nice hits on the youngin to welcome him properly into the league.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...d-browns-start-quarterback-cincinnati-bengals

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Looks like the Browns are finally going to start Manziel this week vs the Bengals.. apparently they wanted to start him last week but instead of being at the complex or at home prepping for the game he was at the Cleveland Cavs game hanging court side.. We'll see how this works, I'm hoping well but then again I do want to see some nice hits on the youngin to welcome him properly into the league.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...d-browns-start-quarterback-cincinnati-bengals

Lets see how he does. I don't think he's the answer, but we all know Hoyer isn't.

Pulling for the young man this week, come on son lets get the Bengals out of our way! :yay:

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
They couldve played him last week to keep the browns playoff hopes alive