2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
No. NO. FUCK
What the hell is our pass D going to do now? Rivers and Brees are going to toast us if we don't figure something out.

The only thing I can think of is search like hell for the Fountain of Youth so Sizzle to sack the QB on every single play, and bring back Ed Reed.

Didn't realize PFF has Matt Elam graded as the worst coverage safety in the NFL to go with leading the league in missed tackles. What the hell.

I can't name a corner on our team besides Webb.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is search like hell for the Fountain of Youth so Sizzle to sack the QB on every single play, and bring back Ed Reed.

Didn't realize PFF has Matt Elam graded as the worst coverage safety in the NFL to go with leading the league in missed tackles. What the hell.

Yeah, Elam is much more of a run-support Strong Safety, but since we don't have a true free safety to roam the field and make plays (I.E. Ed Reed), he's been forced to cover a lot more, which was never his strong suit, even coming out of college. Apparently he's our nickel CB as well.
Asa Jackson should be back by week 14, but besides him we have Danny Gorrer, who's been on like 10 teams in the last 2 years, and Tramain Jacobs. An undrafted rookie out of Texas A&M. The coaches liked what they saw from the kid all throughout camp, and he racked up 8 tackles and 1 pass defensed in the pre season. The kid is RAW though, as he's drawn more flags in practice than we would have liked, (as well as in the pre-season) and tends to bite on reverses and counter plays.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
So, Miami and Detroit on Sunday... #1 overall defense (Detroit) vs #3 overall defense (Miami)...

Do you guys think this will be a defensive battle or a shootout? Should be a great game no matter what!

@Varus you're a Lions fan, right? What are you thinking of this match-up?
CJ always torched Delmas in past practices. This game will prove if Tannehill is real or not.

Oliver Vernon and Cameron Wake is the number 1 concern for me. We won against a Julius Peppers and Clay Matthews pass rush missing our RT so I think we got this...

Reactions: Just Kevin

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

You guys picked up Danny Gorreor from us, he was solid here in the D.

Reactions: Snowman1

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
With the way Tate has been playing I doubt Calvin gets a lot of looks his first game back from injury. I'm guessing maybe 5 targets all day for CJ.

Delmas will be glued to CJ anyway so it will be pretty hard to get the ball in there. Grimes will most likely cover Tate.

Wake and Vernon pass rushing/sacking Stafford... I believe there is zero possibility it will be an easy win for Detroit.

Perhaps I'm just biased lol
Stafford has been throwing to CJ for many years, even with the way Tate is playing CJ will still be the first guy Matt looks for.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
CJ always torched Delmas in past practices. This game will prove if Tannehill is real or not.

Oliver Vernon and Cameron Wake is the number 1 concern for me. We won against a Julius Peppers and Clay Matthews pass rush missing our RT so I think we got this...

No matter what happens I know this will be a fun game to watch.. can't wait til Sunday!

Snowman1

Reaction score
@Vice who are we rooting for? Do we cheer for Cincy to fall back to the pack or Cleveland to fall behind us in the standings?

Good grief Andy Dalton is terrible, lulz. *insert Candy Colored Clown rant here*

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
@Vice who are we rooting for? Do we cheer for Cincy to fall back to the pack or Cleveland to fall behind us in the standings?

Good grief Andy Dalton is terrible, lulz. *insert Candy Colored Clown rant here*

"Let’s look at the division standings under both scenarios:

If the Bengals win:

AFC North W L T PCT

Bengals 6 2 1 .722

Steelers 6 3 0 .667

Ravens 5 4 0 .556

Browns 5 4 0 .556

If the Bengals win, the Ravens would get out of the cellar of the division. Baltimore and Cleveland would both be at 5-4, with the Ravens having the edge because of the head-to-head tiebreaker. (Then, if the Ravens win against the Tennessee Titans Sunday, it would move Baltimore a full game ahead of Cleveland.)

If the Browns win:

AFC North W L T PCT

Steelers 6 3 0 .667

Browns 6 3 0 .667

Bengals 5 3 1 .611

Ravens 5 4 0 .556

If the Browns win, the Ravens would still be stuck at the bottom of the division. That’s not good, but interestingly, at the same time, Baltimore would be closer to regaining the top spot.

The Browns and Steelers would be tied for first place with a 6-3 record, with Baltimore one game behind. (Assuming both Baltimore and Pittsburgh win Sunday, the Ravens would still only be one game behind the division leading Steelers.)

Things could always change later on in the mercurial NFL, but if you still have your eyes on the division crown, then root for the Browns. If you think the Ravens’ best shot is the wild-card route, then root for the Bengals."
-Baltimoreravens.com

Snowman1

Reaction score
"Let’s look at the division standings under both scenarios:

If the Bengals win:

AFC North W L T PCT

Bengals 6 2 1 .722

Steelers 6 3 0 .667

Ravens 5 4 0 .556

Browns 5 4 0 .556

If the Bengals win, the Ravens would get out of the cellar of the division. Baltimore and Cleveland would both be at 5-4, with the Ravens having the edge because of the head-to-head tiebreaker. (Then, if the Ravens win against the Tennessee Titans Sunday, it would move Baltimore a full game ahead of Cleveland.)

If the Browns win:

AFC North W L T PCT

Steelers 6 3 0 .667

Browns 6 3 0 .667

Bengals 5 3 1 .611

Ravens 5 4 0 .556

If the Browns win, the Ravens would still be stuck at the bottom of the division. That’s not good, but interestingly, at the same time, Baltimore would be closer to regaining the top spot.

The Browns and Steelers would be tied for first place with a 6-3 record, with Baltimore one game behind. (Assuming both Baltimore and Pittsburgh win Sunday, the Ravens would still only be one game behind the division leading Steelers.)

Things could always change later on in the mercurial NFL, but if you still have your eyes on the division crown, then root for the Browns. If you think the Ravens’ best shot is the wild-card route, then root for the Bengals."
-Baltimoreravens.com

How dare you steal my gimmick of sticking facts into a good potential argument! :angry:

While that is good analysis, I'll go another route... fuck the Bengals.

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain and Vice

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
How dare you steal my gimmick of sticking facts into a good potential argument! :angry:

While that is good analysis, I'll go another route... fuck the Bengals.
Honestly I'm hoping the brownies take this one. Don't want cincy to pull too far ahead.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Honestly I'm hoping the brownies take this one. Don't want cincy to pull too far ahead.

Definitely agree. With us being one game back from 1st everyone can trip up. Steelers worry me so much more than either of these, anyway

Browns have been looking everywhere to find a good QB since the one good year of Derek Anderson... looks like Cleveland found their guy in Andy Dalton

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain and Vice

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Definitely agree. With us being one game back from 1st everyone can trip up. Steelers worry me so much more than either of these, anyway

Browns have been looking everywhere to find a good QB since the one good year of Derek Anderson... looks like Cleveland found their guy in Andy Dalton
Lol
Not sure if this was accidental or on purpose.