2012 End Of The World

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Won't happen. I'm Christian so I do believe the world will end at some point anyway, but certainly not from some people looking into the date an ancient calendar runs out on. I don't know where anyone got that idea from, it's a totally random excuse for fear mongering and selling movies.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
No sane person could believe the end of the world is coming this year. There have been about a dozen of these supposed apocolypse/rapture dates since the 1950's when the rapture was first conceived, so far not so good eh?

Whether it be 2012 or the rapture of the end of the Mayan calender, to believe that a biblical apocalypse of any kind will ever happen is insane.

Also, anybody else notice that the people that think 2012 is the end of the world are NOT Mayan? Isn't that just fucking wonderful?

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
No sane person could believe the end of the world is coming this year. There have been about a dozen of these supposed apocolypse/rapture dates since the 1950's when the rapture was first conceived, so far not so good eh?

Whether it be 2012 or the rapture of the end of the Mayan calender, to believe that a biblical apocalypse of any kind will ever happen is insane.

Also, anybody else notice that the people that think 2012 is the end of the world are NOT Mayan? Isn't that just fucking wonderful?

Why do you say that?

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Until I'm presented any factual evidence to suggest that such a dramatic event could ever take place, I won't give the doomsday theory a second glance.

The burden of proof does not lie with me. Those who make such extroadinary claims in support of an event that defies our understanding of nature should be the ones responsible for presenting the evidence for that claim.

I can't disprove doomsday or any such theories because, if true, it would defy all nature and science. Thus far, the Mayan Doomsday and The Rapture are nothing more than extraodinary claims and until any real evidence is put forth to prove that it is true, they should only be treated as such.

I also find it a bit hard to believe that a primitive, pre-science society had some kind of divine wisdom that allowed them to see into the future and accurately predict the date that all existence would cease.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki

Since there aren't even dead Mayans on this planet... Everyone that believes has to be someone other than a Mayan.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Until I'm presented any factual evidence to suggest that such a dramatic event could ever take place, I won't give the doomsday theory a second glance.

The burden of proof does not lie with me. Those who make such extroadinary claims in support of an event that defies our understanding of nature should be the ones responsible for presenting the evidence for that claim.

I can't disprove doomsday or any such theories because, if true, it would defy all nature and science. Thus far, the Mayan Doomsday and The Rapture are nothing more than extraodinary claims and until any real evidence is put forth to prove that it is true, they should only be treated as such.

I also find it a bit hard to believe that a primitive, pre-science society had some kind of divine wisdom that allowed them to see into the future and accurately predict the date that all existence would cease.

Well I can accept that you can't disprove cause it can't be disproved. And yeah there aren't any real evidence right now of a Biblical Apocalypse... but my thing was why call someone insane if they believe the theory that it could happen? At least with the Biblical one people aren't saying that it is going to happen on such and such date and such and such time. Well some have but they were proven to be idiots. But there are others, such as myself, that believe that one day it will happen but that day isn't known. Whether I'll even be alive to see it or not... I dunno. But to classify people that believe it but aren't pressing it or preaching it like its happening this year as insane is a little harsh.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Well its not religious people as a whole that I think are insane. Maybe I find the event of the bible to absurd by all logic, but I know that the vast majority of religious people are intelligent and in-touch people, not to mention I have - well I think we all have - Christian friends. Its not the people I think are insane and I understand people siding with faith because they feel it empowers them, provides comfort, etc.

I just think that the idea that the Rapture, Doomsday or whatever calculated, mega-scale and divine intervention will happen is crazy, because it defies the very nature of the universe and just isn't logical.

I could go into all the details and inconsistencies I have with the 2012 Doomsday theory but that probably isn't necessary, touchy topics like this rarely result with any compromise, myself included. But I think I should clarify that I don't find the people crazy, just the act of believing the idea of Doomsday I think is devoid of scientific logic.

So I'll leave it at that, since I generally have a shitty habit of unintentionally instigating fights over these topics.

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Hey... just as long as you aren't calling people themselves that believe it insane... we cool.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Biblical apocalypse? You do know that the Old testament was were stories taken from Egyptian fairytales right?

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
How many fairytales actually end in total destruction and an end to life?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Almost all of them.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Isaac Newton studying the bible is pretty interesting, though. I'd trust him over most people.

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
I don't think worlds going to end. These types of rumors have been there for a long time and we are still alive and ticking. I think, there may be some disturbances but saying the world is gonna end is exaggeration.