2011-2012 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I expected a game 1 l so soon after game 7, but damn, still saying la wins the series

SAL

Reaction score
Haven't been here in a while

LOL@PSYCH

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Ah at least the refs didn't admit that they fucked up and were the only reason my team advanced, like when the nba said the clets fouled the Hawks before the inbounds, and the Hawks should have gotten 2 fts and the ball with the chance to win it

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Enjoyed the Celtics/76ers game and even though the Celts screwed themselves late(well I guess that depends on how you look at it) it was still exciting to see them drop those Big 3s.

The Thunder's stomping of LA put an even bigger smile across my face, though.

SAL

Reaction score
Ah at least the refs didn't admit that they fucked up and were the only reason my team advanced, like when the nba said the clets fouled the Hawks before the inbounds, and the Hawks should have gotten 2 fts and the ball with the chance to win it

LOL@PSYCH

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
LOL@PSYCH
Welcome back ... Hater

skip-bayless-dougie.gif

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Recap of all the things that have gone down. As a long time Heat fan, it was tough to recap last night's game. AWFUL!!! The Uncommon One: College Rebound

1. Spurs vs 5. Clippers- This series won't last long and I'm easily going to change my original prediction that this series was going to go five games. This will be a clean sweep which is a shame because I really do think a Chris Paul led team doesn't get swept. The issue here is that the Spurs are well rested and balanced while the Clippers look deflated. It showed last night with the Spurs being all over them for the most part. Paul scored a measly six points and shockingly didn't get to the free throw line once. That's how you know you have a great defense when Chris Paul doesn't get to the free throw line once even if he plays 38 minutes. It was positive to see Blake have a decent game and Caron Butler reminding us that he's still around after being invisible in the Grizzles series. It seemed like Paul and Parker cancelled each other out with Parker playing even worse going 1 for 7. It didn't matter though because Tim Duncan had an outstanding game with 26 points and 10 rebounds. Duncan was taking anything that the Cilppers offered him and he got whatever he wanted. From baby hooks to short jumpers to attacking the basket, Duncan was unstoppable. When he needed a lift, he got 22 from Manu Ginobili who probably enjoyed the rest more than anyone with his injury issues. A fresh and healthy Ginobili makes the Spurs even more unstoppable. The bench wasn't that valuable other than Ginobili but Spurs got solid efforts out of young players like Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard both scoring in double figures. Its how the system makes these players so good will be one of the many differences in this series. The only young player that can deliver like that is Eric Bledsoe who had a monster game. Bledsoe could be an x-factor in this series. He may lack a jump shot but he can get into the lane at a Chris Paul rate. His speed is a difference maker even though I still don't think it will be enough for the Clippers to win a game in this series. Spurs are too good at the moment while the Clippers are fatigued and are too limited to do much. Even with a strong defensive plan, they seem too flawed offensively once Paul gets double teamed to do much. Spurs will sweep them and coast into the next round.

2. Thunder vs 3. Lakers- My first reaction to when the series was finally made was that the Thunder would win in 6 games. That was my original prediction before the playoffs started and I'm sticking with it. That looks like a shady pick after the Game 1 massacre that the Thunder left on the Lakers. The game was close within the first half but a quick scoring outburst from Durant separated the game. Metta World Power couldn't stop Durant the entire night with Durant making quick work on his short jumpers. On the other matchup where they actually put Kobe Bryant, not Ramon Sessions against Russell Westbrook on numerous occasions. It was no contest with Westbrook consistently blowing Bryant away and going on with a highly efficient game. Westbrook shot 10 for 15 for 27 points with 9 rebounds and 7 assists. Oklahoma City had their big run in the third quarter where they were up by 30 at one point. It was a major scoring outburst from either Westbrook or Durant or even James Harden, it was just mistake free basketball. They turned the ball over just four times which is remarkable while the Lakers turned it over fifteen times. They got nice games out of Gasol and Bynum but they didn't make any impact on the defensive end with only one block between each other. The Lakers just looked tired which shouldn't surprise anyone coming off a Game 7 on Saturday. Ramon Sessions looked awful again and Lakers may consider benching him because he's going to struggle in this series again. I don't think the Lakers are completely hopeless yet like a few people seem but they're going to need at least a strong performance in Game 2 to garner hope. I don't think they can win on the road but at least get some momentum before the series heads to the Staples Center. I'm expecting Mike Brown to think of some defensive scheme to frustrate Westbrook because if they can't stop them, then the Lakers will get swept just like last year.

2. Heat vs 3. Pacers- A very odd series that nobody predicted. The series has hit a huge standpoint with Chris Bosh likely out for the entire series. This is a huge loss for Miami because they lack an inside scorer presence more than ever. They could have got away with this against the Knicks but not a solid team like Indiana which doesn't have a flaw in there starting lineup for the most part. Miami got away with a win in Game 1 thanks to LeBron James completely taking over while Miami's defense really flustered Indiana. They couldn't get away with another poor shooting performance which happened tonight. I'm typing this series break down in anger as a Heat fan because it was so sad. They paid good money for guys like Mike Miller and James Jones (2008 they did for my actual Heat fans, not ones that jumped on in 2010) to hit open jump shots. They didn't do that once again and that has to frustrate James and Wade. I'm also going to blame Mario Chalmers who hasn't played well in the playoffs since Game 3 against the Knicks. After a very promising regular season and playing with plenty of confidence, Chalmers is rushing things and hasn't shot well from three like he used to. After being a guy that lives up to the pressure in crunch time (he won me 80 dollars in 2008 for Kansas), he misses another good look to lose the game. Indiana clearly deserved to win last night but the fact that Miami can't hit outside shots infuriates me. They get good looks because of their two main stars and how they good are. Udonis Haslem looks useless offensively right now and it may be his last year which is a shame. I'm a big Haslem fan for years because he's a Heat veteran and he's been such a solid role player, but his jump shot isn't there anymore and he's not the same player defensively. Miami is in deep trouble because Indiana knows how to beat Miami now regardless of how poor there shooting. I'm sure they are going to do all they can to use Roy Hibbert more and try to get Danny Granger better looks offensively. They have to be pleased with their most valuable player right now in David West who has been solid in both games. This series is going to get really interesting and that should excite everyone unless you're a Heat fan. I got faith that Miami will win this series but I'm not fully confident because Bosh looked missed in a big way. I'm missing some of the game on Thursday due to work, hopefully they can do good without out me which they tend to do. I already typed way to long, consider this a mini rant.

4. Celtics vs 8. Sixers- I'll admit I haven't seen much of this series due to weddings, work, and Paul Heyman being awesome. I'm thankful for the highlights being provided to me along with the stats so I know what I'm working with. I'll be watching Game 3 tomorrow which will leave a huge mark on the series. If the Celtics win, then the Sixers are in must win mode in Game 4. If the Sixers win, then Sixers are in a great position to pull another upset in the series. What really interests me about this series is how each game has ended with a one point difference. In Game 1, we saw Philadelphia really control most of the game with a great mix between Andre Igoudala and Evan Turner. They were getting what they want in the paint since the Celtics don't have much of a presence down low other than Kevin Garnett. Eventually the 2nd half intensity stepped up for Boston which was led by Garnett. It was another great performance by the MVP of the playoffs so far with 29 points and 11 rebounds. Garnett is just on another level right now and couldn't be contained through out the night. With just about everyone else struggling with their shot and Rondo not getting much penetration into the paint, it was Garnett's night to explode. He did that along with Rondo pulling off another triple double just like he usually does when he's asked to slow down the game. Boston slipped past Game 1 after almost losing their lead in the end. Boston's three point shooting was one stat that really stood out going 2 for 18 which is shocking when you have shooters like Allen and Pierce on your team. Game 2 was another close game with the Sixers pulling it out thanks to a 3rd quarter outburst. Once again the Celtics couldn't really hit their offensive groove with Pierce having another tough night and Rondo shooting poorly despite 13 assists. They got a great lift from Ray Allen off the bench but Boston's lack of depth is hurting a bit. They don't have enough scoring options even with the latest dominant games from Garnett. Garnett was solid again but didn't explode because he only took 12 shots. He also didn't get to the line like he usually does which hurt his stats. Boston has to be frustrated that they couldn't give him the ball more along with getting out rebounded by 11. Philadelphia played harder in this one and deserved the win with their effort led by Jrue Holiday. I still like Boston in six games in the series but Boston needs to rebound better and Paul Pierce needs to get going tonight even with that troublesome knee injury. If Pierce can't going, the magical run of Philadelphia could continue.

Killswitch

Reaction score
If Miami plays like that, it's over. They couldn't beat a college team tonight, and the Pacers are playing like a high school team.

Got_Swag

Reaction score
I'm not that big into the NBA as much as I am college, but no college team could ever beat an NBA team no matter how bad they may have played or how bad the team is. Heat struggled in their game when they shouldn't of. Even with Chris Bosh out, Miami should own this series!

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Killswitch was using a figure of speech. I get what you mean bud and it really killed me watching it last night. After watching how horrible Raw is then that game, it was like two nights of a row of crap now I got finals the rest of the week! Anyway Game 3 should be really interesting.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Damn it that game was a heart breaker

Ben

Reaction score
Still see the series going 7.

Lakers looked a hell of a lot better tonight and showed they could slow the tempo down a bit and hang with OKC. Plus there home court really made a difference as they've had the loudest crows all playoffs long. See the Lakers tying this up the next 2 games.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
7 games? Would be fairly stunned if it went that long 6 is the most I see it going but going with Thunder in 5. Think LA will snag a home win probably game 3 and that's it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I still am trying to see where Brown said Kobe was open late. I mean I see where Pau back picks for him, but I don't see how in the hell Ron lobs over Pau and in Kobe's hand perfectly like he complained about him not doing. That is a hell of risky play but Mike says it is what he drew up. I will say that Ron got Blake a good shot, just wish he was Fish in that moment?

Crazy thing is la got jack shit on D and O from Sessions yet it was so close. If only he woke up

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
You talking about the last shot they had? Right play was made Blake was as open as can be so was a great shot just didn't go down.