2011-2012 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yeah Brown said Metta called an audible and didn't make the designed pass, which was over Pau's head and into Kobe's hands after the back pick was set. I'm saying that was a fucking 2k play he came up with, and I don't see how you make it, so Ron and Steve were correct even though he called them out for it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Just letting everyone know that I have posted vbookie's for the two games tomorrow and I will aim to get more NBA vbookies up throughout the rest of the playoffs.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Can't believe I'm gonna say this but I think the Pacers could seriously beat the Heat the way they are playing. Kind of really hope it happens to show that a true team can beat a team based on two guys.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It would get Bosh some damn respect.

I didn't know rather to laugh or cry for Farmar going on twitter and the radio to say the Lakers would have beat Demver in 5 and be up 2-0 if they had Himself and Fisher at PG as a tandem over Sessions and Blake. I mean I didn't want to agree with him, bit he ain't lying with the funk Sessions is in, and he and Fish both did have balls to chuck away where the other two hesitate

Then again I always have loved Derek and Farmar had a soft spot since I watched him at UCLA and Taft. I think he would be a good starting guard in a non triangle set, always did, but he's so fucking hard headed at times lol

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Sessions needs more seasoning for playoff games, he sure as hell ain't gonna accomplish what Fisher has.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I wish Brown would just make him the sixth man. He can't run with the first unit because Pau and Andrew admittedly complained to the coaching staff about the pace being too fast and wanting Kobe to organize the offense and feed them in half court sets after a few weeks of him pushing the pace and making them run. They should just let Blake start and space the floor for the starters, and then let Sessiosnncome off the bench and attack with Barnes and Hill who are energy guys for a change of pace. It is what Phil did with Fisher and Farmar, but Brown is stupid

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Famar needs to get off his own dick if he thinks he would be that much of a difference maker.

And it's getting pretty damn Blue that the media are still going on about this did Kobe want the last shot thing. Never seen people act like a wide open 3 was a bad shot so much.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Usual Friday recap of all the games. My Heat really suck here from the blog- The Uncommon One: Playoff Playout (European Special) Pt 3

1. Spurs vs 5. Clippers- The series is going just like I expected with the Spurs being too much for the flawed Clippers. I only got to see the 4th quarter live but I just saw highlights and heard Chris Brossard talk about the game. I'm a fan of Chris even though his voice can get annoying. The most impressive thing that came away from this game had to be how Chris Paul only took nine shots the entire game. Paul is a very intelligent player and rarely forces up consecutive bad shots. This just goes to tell you that the Spurs defense is elite and Paul couldn't get anything going. He was flustered the entire game which explains his eight turnovers which really hurt the team. It was shocking to see how efficient the Clippers were from the field shooting 49 percent and from three point range at 69 percent yet still lost by 17. Its pretty absurd but that's what happens when your defense collapses and you turn the ball over 18 times. The Clippers bench had their moments with Young, Williams, and Bledsoe hitting some shots but they were quickly negated by the tough Spurs defense. They were led by Tony Parker who scored 22 while controlling the pace of the game. When the Spurs play their best, it usually is by Parker running the floor and finding the open man. Spurs hit ten threes tonight and Parker was a big reason why finding the open man. Tim Duncan had a strong game and has been really good in the playoffs even though it hasn't been on a Kevin Garnett level. Duncan had a nice shooting game going 9-14 with 18 points and showing the young Clippers front court how fluid his game is. A huge boost for the Spurs was Boris Diaw who has been a nice pickup scoring 14 points on perfect shooting. Diaw can be an x-factor with his dribbling ability and jump shot. He's a bit heavier version of Lamar Odom but he's much more controllable and plays within the team's limits. I'm not sure what the Clippers can do because they are normally a good defensive team but the Spurs have so many weapons. They shot the ball well yet turnovers just hurt the team and taking too much time off the shot clock. Another shocking stat was how does Blake Griffin only get one rebound in 37 minutes of action? I love Blake and I'm sure he'll develop into a bigger star than he is now, but he's been criticized a lot lately for the right seasons. How can someone with his mass and athletic ability only get one rebound? The Clippers are still the oddest team in the league even if there winning.

Future Of The Series- I'm not sure if there is any proof on how the Clippers can win a game. Even with a loud crowd, the Spurs are simply on another level right now and have too many contributors. The Spurs are also a bit undersized which doesn't help a team against the Spurs who like to operate in the paint. I'm sticking with the sweep pick especially with Duncan playing at such a high level. He continues to out play Blake Griffin and that goes a long way in winning this series.

2. Thunder vs 3. Lakers- After Game 1's debacle, I was really excited to watch a full game between both teams. The Lakers weren't going to get blown out two games in a row because they're simply to talented. Sadly it was another game where both teams couldn't score which made it difficult to watch. I love great defensive teams but when both teams are so star studded, how can't you at least score 80 points? It was a chess match for the entire game where stars of both teams struggled to shoot. Russell Westbrook couldn't get going because the Lakers stayed in tight and didn't give him to maneuver in the paint. Westbrook's game relies on driving to the paint but the Lakers clogged it and challenged him into difficult shots that were misses more times than not. Westbrook also became hesitant to pass to the outside because the Lakers rotating defense was on point and Thunder shot poorly from the three point line. The Lakers were far worse though like they have been most of the series shooting a lowly 2-16 from three point range. The shooting magic from Steve Blake disappeared after Game 7 versus Denver to a 1-5 disaster in this one. Blake rushed several shots including a three pointer that could have won them the game. It was a botched play that was supposed to go to Kobe but ended it up with Steve Blake and he had to shoot with just 3 seconds left in the game. It was a disaster for the Lakers who despite the awful shooting was up seven points with two minutes left. Lakers began to rush offensively which led to easy points for Durant and Harden. Kobe Bryant was struggling all night shooting 9 for 25 but had a huge turnover and a blocked shot in the last two minutes that gave the Thunder some easy points. Kobe missed another shot at the end which led to the Thunder's last bucket with Durant hitting a mid range shot. It was the battle between superstars near the end and Durant showed why he's the best pure scorer in the league (scorer not playmaker folks). Durant shot 9-15 in a game where nobody was shooting well which was impressive. Other than Pau Gasol who had another solid game, nobody on Lakers really shot well with Metta World Power struggling all night, Sessions being a non factor, and Bynum playing really sloppy for most of the game. He needed to take nineteen shots to get 20 points which isn't very efficient. Lakers needed this win after going up with two minutes left by seven. It was the prime opportunity and they lost a critical game. I felt that they just needed to get a nice performance in but that was stupid on my part. If they lose one game at the Staples Center, this series is basically over. Oklahoma City continues to show how fast they are and how disciplined they are defensively. The jump shot isn't always going to fall but this team is scary even when they win games that they might haven't deserved.

Future Of The Series: I'm expecting the Lakers to come back stronger though even with a dejected Bryant and Mike Brown who still doesn't seem like he knows what to do with this team. Lakers are too good to be swept even though I said that last year. I just feel like they had the Thunder where they wanted them but forgot to finish the job. If they can continue to play defense like that and they could get Kobe back to hitting that mid range jumper, this series isn't over. I'm expecting the Lakers to rebound strong which not many people will agree with Oklahoma City tends to struggle against the best teams on the road. I still consider the Lakers a very good team despite all the problems in the playoffs and they'll show in the next two games. The series will stretch to six still when the Lakers really run out of steam with their old core and Oklahoma City realizes that they need to drive to the paint more and pass more efficiently to the open man.

Eastern Conference Semifinals

2. Heat vs 3. Pacers- The series continues to become more odd and that's mainly because of the domination Indiana left Miami. This is becoming scary because Indiana finally got their offensive consistency back. Since I'll be doing my 2nd straight rant about the Heat, I'll talk about the positivity in Indiana. Roy Hibbert is really starting to come along as a true all around center. He was dominant last night with 19 points and 18 rebounds. Those numbers are pretty scary even though he's going against a Heat team that has a bunch of past their prime or should be unemployed big man core. I don't see one Heat big man that is worthy right now of a playoff spot well expect Joel Anthony as a tenth man. I'm a big Udonis Haslem fan but he's been ineffective all season and may be useless for the rest of the playoffs. George Hill had another solid game and he's proving that he's been a steal for all these years ever since he was on the Spurs. Hill isn't your typical point guard due to being a bit tall but he can get the job done. He has great range and is an excellent ball handler. Everything clicked for the Pacers shooting over 50 percent from three pointers and controlling the paint the entire game. Miami is in complete disarray and could be one loss away from having their season ended. I can't remember the last time Dwayne Wade having such a horrible three game stretch and I'm still in awe how Miami spent to get sharp shooters to hit threes yet they can't. Shane Battier is a terrific defender but he can't score at all right now. Mike Miller has been a frustrating signing while James Jones only knows how to shoot and he can't even do that right now. I had a feeling the loss of Bosh would hurt this time but to get blown out like this is very alarming. Wade needs to find his mojo back while the role players need to start scoring when they get the opportunity. It was a pitiful performance last night by Miami and Game 4 could be a difference maker whether this series will be competitive. LeBron James has done all he can so far despite the missed free throws. You can't blame him unless your Skip Bayless and your stupid (should be unemployed as well). Indiana is playing team basketball right now similar to Dallas and that will prevail unless Miami's role players and Dwayne Wade start stepping up.

Future Of The Series- I'm going to get a lot of grief for this because I'm a Heat fan and fans will hate me but I can't see Miami winning this series. This season that has been shortened because of that jack*** David Stern has really took a toll on guys like Wade. He looks drained and I don't think he'll be able to bounce back. He may have one big game in Game 5 at home, but right now I see Indiana winning in six. It really breaks my heart but without Bosh, this team looks hopeless against a young Pacers team that doesn't seem to have many flaws. Pacers win in 6 with better performances from George and Granger just to rub it in Miami's faces.

4. Celtics vs 8. 76ers- I'm positive that nobody thought the 76ers would put on a terrible performance after a huge Game 2 win. It seemed like they were playing with a lot of confidence and were ready to use that home court to their advantage especially with Paul Pierce out. The exact opposite happened and 76ers looked flat. After an incredible 1st quarter where the 76ers couldn't seem to miss, they ended up getting outscored in the 2nd and 3rd quarter by 28 points. It started out promising for the main core of the 76ers rotation but eventually players like Turner and Hawes started missing on a consistent basis. They combined for 3-18 shooting along with a poor defensive effort. They allowed the Celtics to shoot 51 percent despite not turning the ball over much or getting out rebounded. It was just a simple case of getting beaten mistake free and simply not being good enough. Other than Jrue Holiday who continues to play well, nobody showed up for this one. Thaddeus Young scored most of his points in garbage time while Iguodala was the focal point of Boston's defensive dominance. They were all over him and they never allowed him to get any penetration to the hoop. They challenged players like Turner and Hawes to beat them one on one which failed miserably. Boston was in control for the most part led by Kevin Garnett who continues his run as the MVP of the playoffs so far. I'm sure people will say LeBron or Durant have performed at an MVP caliber pace in the playoffs but I haven't seen them stay this consistent like Garnett has. The last Garnett had an average game was Game 2 against the Hawks which is an incredible streak. Garnett had 27 points and 13 rebounds last night with an efficient shooting night going 12-17. Andrew Bynum needs 19 shots to get 20 points while Garnett only needs 17. Efficiency is huge in any sport you play in especially basketball and Garnett shows how important it is. With Garnett's incredible numbers, Boston continues to win for the most part. It was mainly Garnett and Rondo who needs to continue to shoot like this. Rondo has been hot and cold with his shot selection being caught in taking too many tough floaters in the paint. He needs to pick his spots better because we already know he is an elite passer. Celtics got through another night of poor shooting from Paul Pierce even though it might help his confidence getting to the free throw line 14 times. Pierce still shot only 6-17 and it has to be a concern for Boston because they will need him down the stretch. I'm not sure how much longer Garnett can keep this pace although I've been saying that for a week now. All I know is that Pierce needs to get his jump shot going again and his usual mean streak in the playoffs or basically watch his Game 2 performance against the Hawks and that says it all.

Future Of The Series- The series is far from over even after that blowout. I'm sure that Philadelphia will bounce back and win Game 4 after some adjustments. I'm still believing that this series will end in 6 with Boston taking the last two games including ending Philadelphia's season away from home. Pierce will get healthy soon enough after that bad knee and I'm expecting Avery Bradley to contribute more. He's been playing excellent defense but he hasn't played well offensively in the playoffs. Both teams will battle hard and there will be some more terrific games coming from this series but Boston is more experienced and has more of that killer edge which will lead them to winning the series 4 to 2.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
All this time people were saying that the Heat only needed the Big 2 and Big 3 didn't matter. Sounds like they are regretting calling Bosch the last Big guy required for the playoffs.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Famar needs to get off his own dick if he thinks he would be that much of a difference maker.

And it's getting pretty damn Blue that the media are still going on about this did Kobe want the last shot thing. Never seen people act like a wide open 3 was a bad shot so much.

Arrogance pisses me off but having the balls to say it and feel that way is what las PGs need. Blake and Sessions are more talented that Fisher and Farmar but boy they don't have near the same set of nuts

Killswitch

Reaction score
It defiantly is apparent to me Miami is trying to buy a championship by paying a megaton to 3 guys who would be superstars on any other team in the league, while not spending enough on the backup/bench guys. Either way, fuck Lebron and fuck the Heat, the least classy team in the entire fucking league. I'm surprised they haven't already had a victory celebration this year.

Ben

Reaction score
Still a quarter and a half, but if Boston wins tonight, the sixers are pretty much done. Miami will most likely still pull it out against the Pacers, but right now regardless of who wins the other series, it really looks like Boston is coming out of the East, especially if Bosh is done.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It defiantly is apparent to me Miami is trying to buy a championship by paying a megaton to 3 guys who would be superstars on any other team in the league, while not spending enough on the backup/bench guys. Either way, fuck Lebron and fuck the Heat, the least classy team in the entire fucking league. I'm surprised they haven't already had a victory celebration this year.
I don't get this: Mike Miller, Shane Battier, Udonis Haslem, Ronny Turiaf, Mario Chalmers

Is that worse than
- Fisher, Horry, Rick Fox, Brian Shaw, Deaven George
- Kukoc, Kerr, Harper, Longley
- Barry, Bowen, Horry, Finley, Nazr
- Odom, Farmar, Sasha, Shannon, Jordan, and injured Bynum
- Kenny Smith, Robert Horry, Mario Ellie, Sam Cassell
- Paxson, Horace, BJ, Cartwright

Is it really a worse core rotation behind stars or are the stars simply not stepping the fuck up like Kobe and Shaq, Tim Manu and Tony, MJ and Scottie w/ and w/o Dennis?

At some point you can't be the "best player in the game", a top 5 superstar in the league, and top 10 at your position and not win or it be on you

I mean Fisher was Kobe and Shaqs third fucking guy during a 3 peat lol

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Lakers win off the sheer fact Kobe and Bynum are bullies. They literally just bullied anyone on them make or miss and drew found after foul on the block like grown men playing with little kids in a backyard