2011-2012 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Showtime

Reaction score
Pretty sure losing a 12 point lead in the last four minutes to a team without their best player and one of the best players in the league is nothing to be proud of.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Mostly for PHX but I'm hearing lots of rumors around these parts that Portland is in talks with Nash to get him before the trade deadline... Anybody else heard anything about that?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Only rumor that is true is that if Steve wanted a trade Phoenix would make it happen for him. But besides that he doesn't wanna go anywhere and they don't wanna deal him.

Dademo

Reaction score
Portland is fine! One of the best well-rounded starting lineups in the league. Raymond Felton is a fine PG, no need to make trades imo.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Gil looked good after the Kobe Treatment. I watched some vids from his workout. He ain't had that kind of lift in years.

JR is the priority of the Lakers (Knicks and Clippers too) but they should try to clear up another spot by getting a pick or picks in this drafts second round for Morris and Ebanks to go with the two first round picks, and then sign him as well

[video]http://www.youtube.com/v/Th3oL_cmCmk[/video]

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Read that about Arenas but also read that despite the Kobe knee treatement deal that he still is having pains in his knee.

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
Mike Brown is doing great IMO. Lakers real problem is the bench and lack of talent. I don't know if Arenas would be willing to take a 6th man role but that is really what the Lakers need and he would most likely fill it really well. I am not an Arenas fan by any means but the guy can score and create his own shot which is exactly what this bench needs.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Long time no see of me in this thread. Sorry guys focusing else where but I am back to post here as well. Good to talk a lot of basketball with you all. So my T-Wolves have lost two straight. Its okay but why we starting Martell? Guess Beasly is not up to speed.

So who you guys got in the dunk contest?

Killswitch

Reaction score
I thought LA needed defense at the PG position, not another shot starved player watching Kobe work. Make the move for the sake of making a move I guess, but this team needs to strengthen their PG defense. They made Lin look like an all star then did the same thing for Calderon. It's the only reason I'm still not sold on Lin, every guard torches LA.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
And? They have been getting torched for years at PG. The thing is Fisher always putt up around 10 point and hit his 3's and clutch shots to offset it. Right now they are struggling because they have no offennse out side Kobe, Pau, and Bynum. The defense is there because there is no such thing in the NBA as a PG who stops other PG's consistently, and hasn't been since Kidd had microfracture. When the playoffs come Kobe will take a PG and make him work throughout a 7 game series like he has for 7 Finals runs. That is a formula that works and wins. They just need offensive weapons who can get theirs and have to be accounted for as the team is last in the league in 3pt shooting and at the bottom in fast break points. They simply need points. Gilbert and JR provide that spark and guy who can get you 1-20 a night

Showtime

Reaction score
did Melo play? Im too lazy to look but I'm pretty sure he didn't otherwise there is no way he would have gotten to take that game winning shot.

Reactions: 1 person

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
For what it is worth JA Adande said Gilbert and the Lakers came to an agreement on NBA C2C. He will join the team after the all star break and was told get his affairs in order

Killswitch

Reaction score
Jeremy Lin...8 turnovers last night eh? I know that is nit picky but once the league gets a few more games worth of film and the proper coverage and he puts up 5 sub 10 point games in a row the city will turn on him.