2011-2012 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
No I know. Just saying in a dream world if they could acquire Anthony Davis and keep Gordon with another top 15 pick...

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Depending who they get in the draft this could really end up being the next OKC building their team through a strong draft and go all young after having a rough patch. Haven't been paying attention to college as much as I usually try to do so don't know if this coming draft could be a strong one or not.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Then yeah N.O might look like shit now but could turn out to be a team to watch in a few years. Main name I've kept hearing about in college is Steph Curry's brother Seth. Idk if it's cause he's that good or cause he is Steph's brother.

Killswitch

Reaction score
It's really sad that Jeremy Linsanity might be the Knicks best all-around player now.

And by "sad", I mean "absolutely fucking hilariously awesome".

Also, Baron Davis is out till at least the all-star break still. LULZ.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Unless they try and do the first ever trade for a medical staff and get Phoenix's medical staff this Baron idea just isn't gonna work despite it being good in theory.

Killswitch

Reaction score
An going into the year I really had some high hopes for NY as Melo/Amare have always kept up with their ends of the deal, but with no guard play from the Knicks it's been everything but expected. I don't really think D'Antoni is a good fit for that team.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I didn't see that working out anyways as it's just a perfect example of just cause you put two star players together doesn't mean they're a good fit. One guy has great ball handling ability and uses it to get his own shot and occasionally will use it for his teammates. And the other guy relies on being fed the ball who feels left off if he isn't the number one option scoring since that was what he was used to his whole career until Melo got there. Then add to that they're in Dantoni's system that runs on the point guard calling the shots and creating not dribble dribble dribble jack up a shot. So they got work to do and either Melo or Amare has to go.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Anybody that denies the Blazers were completely screwed in the last 15 seconds of that 4th quarter is either in denial or flatout Blue​

Showtime

Reaction score
lol P1. That goaltending call was awful, but they would still have gotten the ball back and been able to get another shot off easily. As for the replays, you're Blue if you think those weren't Thunder's balls.

Brandon what do you think of everyone on the other forum being convinced that Gordon is going anywhere but the Hornets? I honestly don't think any of them understand what it means to be a RFA(or at least notorious and heatwave.) I didn't want ot be mean to them so I said it here. :side:

Showtime

Reaction score
i just said that and there is also no way to know whether or not the thunder would have been able to hit the shot after getting the ball back(which they were clearly going to do). They still had 6 seconds on the clock, plenty of time for durant or someone to make a shot after harden passed to them.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pretty sad how good the Knicks are looking without Melo and Amare since when they comeback it'll probably go back to how it was. Right now though it's looking like how Dantoni wants his offense to look with Lin running it.