2011-2012 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Killswitch

Reaction score
I think now with him saying he'd play in Chicago, it could open a lot of doors. The Bulls do want him. But they want a commitment first. I still wouldn't hold my breath. Paxson loves Joakim Noah for some strange reason.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If he went to the Bulls it'd cost them either Noah or Boozer plus Deng too. Idk how that would match up salary wise but yeah would see it be something of that nature.

Showtime

Reaction score
they would not take either Boozer or Deng, that would be stupid of the Magic. They would likely take Noah, Taj, Watson, and some other young guys, maybe Amir too. Why would they want Deng and Boozer's terrible contracts on their team for a long time when they would obviously be going into rebuilding mode.

SAL

Reaction score
Yeah their contracts are bad, but if the Magic want a deal that will keep them competitive now (impossible but it's what they seem to want), Boozer/Deng/picks is one of the best packages they can get.

Showtime

Reaction score
it's just dumb trade imo for the Magic, they should just take the young players and stop being Blue about staying competitive. then again, their terrible with management decisions so I guess I shouldn't really expect much better.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Addidas won't pay Dwight for Chicago. It was pandering by him because reporters questioned his motives by not listing Chicago or OKC. His shoe company won't pay money fpr those places, but it is established that they will for LA or Brooklyn. If I was him, I'd want the Knicks probably and the Magic could actually bring Amare and Chandler back in a deal which is better than Boozer and also having to pay Ryan Anderson this summer

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Addidas won't pay Dwight for Chicago. It was pandering by him because reporters questioned his motives by not listing Chicago or OKC. His shoe company won't pay money fpr those places, but it is established that they will for LA or Brooklyn. If I was him, I'd want the Knicks probably and the Magic could actually bring Amare and Chandler back in a deal which is better than Boozer and also having to pay Ryan Anderson this summer
I find that quite Blue considering isn't D-Rose signed to Addidas? Could have sworn his commercials were with them. And if I was the Knicks if Orlando was interested in Amare you deal him without thinking about it because either Melo or Amare have to go from that team they can't work together esp with the way the team is set up now with no true PG.

SAL

Reaction score
I don't get how Adidas has leverage over Howard. If he goes to Chicago, and they don't pay him, it's not like he won't get any other offers.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That too I mean the guy is one of the most popular players in the NBA so he'd get jumped on in a minute if a shoe deal means that much to him.

Showtime

Reaction score
pretty sure they would still have him under contract, they just wouldn't make him shoes or something I suppose? Which doesn't seem right either since they would have to make him shoes if it was something that was in his contract.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I find that quite Blue considering isn't D-Rose signed to Addidas? Could have sworn his commercials were with them. And if I was the Knicks if Orlando was interested in Amare you deal him without thinking about it because either Melo or Amare have to go from that team they can't work together esp with the way the team is set up now with no true PG.
It has been stated by Broussard, Stephen A Smith, and Woj that Addidas reps have said they have told him he would be highly compensated for helping them to corner the NY or LA markets. At the end of the day Addidas isn't Nike, they only have Rose, Dwight, and I think KG or Tim still. Nike has over a 100 players, the Jordan line, Wade, LeBron, and Kobe, so what market you are in doesn't matter. They want Dwight in a market where their brand can grow as the days of T-Mac selling shoes for them are gone, and the Reebok launch didn't go well like in the Iverson day. They don't want their two guys in Rose and Dwight over saturating one market. Silly I know, but they are playing a factor in where Dwight goes as they are his main endorser.

Simply put, he chooses Chicago and the amount of shoes that is made for him would change, thus his money would change. He goes to LA or NY and he gets a big raise as there is a clause in his deal, and they would push his merch.

Logically, I would think they would want to push his merch and shoes no matter what, but hey this is why Addidas will never be confused with Nike, and why Dwight should have never signed long term with them

Last edited:

PY.

Reaction score
Am I in the minority by saying I found LeBron's dunk to be better then Griffin's?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
And I forgot to say it isn't as simple as Dwight going elsewhere. Dwight can be transferred to Reebok which is the same company, just a different brand. They aren't Nike where you see Wade go from Converse to Jordan or Kobe and LeBron go from hyper dunks to their own signature lines. That company just isn't that big and his choices are limited. The fact he also is reportedly locked down for years in a contract also hurts him

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Am I in the minority by saying I found LeBron's dunk to be better then Griffin's?

Over Lucas? It was very good

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Tech Lebron's was better but Blake's got more of a holy shit reaction out of me.

And to the shoe thing the way you put that if anything that gives Dwight more leverage than they have over him. They pretty much need him more than he needs them but I get what you're saying about why they want him to go to L.A or NY for market reasons.